Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/showroom/asx/ Facelift model only for left hand drive?

Wow, that means the facelift ASX model is only for LHD models.

The front looks a bit like the Outlander.

Maybe Mitsubishi introduces LHD version first and then they monitor sales and if alright they produce the facelifted RHD models?

But at the moment, looks like there will be two different versions of the ASX for LHD and RHD.

This is very demoralising. I just signed the dotted line for a ASX 2 weeks back and managed to get my coe last Wednesday when the news broke out on the same day. Haiz.... don't know whether to feel happy or sad now.

This is very demoralising. I just signed the dotted line for a ASX 2 weeks back and managed to get my coe last Wednesday when the news broke out on the same day. Haiz.... don't know whether to feel happy or sad now.

Specified fuel economy is rarely the same as actual.

I think most of us are prepared for this and take the specifications with a bucket of salt.

As long as you have read test drive reviews and seen the actual figures the reviewers have gotten, then that is about the range you should be expecting.

Also, if this is not your first car, it would not be a new phenomena to you - your previous cars also had this issue and it would be around the same for most new cars.

Be happy with your choice.

The ASX is a nice car.

The bigger worry is not about fuel consumption, the worrying issue now is whether Mitsubishi cars can survive!

In  the worse case scenario, the other companies in the Mitsubishi group may not have the means to rescue the troubled auto company. Just hope for the best and hope the collapse does not happen.

Please add your name to the list of ASX owners:

1) pauche (red, 2016)
2) Clement (grey, 2016)
3) Ocheric (grey, 2016)
4) Bsb (red, 2016)
5) simymxh (white, 2016) 

Hi Clement

Thanks for your response. I am not sure whether can trust the specs in scm and dealer website. Even SE, their answer like not very accurate sometime. To be sure, better test or ask owner. But i forgot to try during my last test drive. Hope that you collect car soon and hear from you the experience :)

Confirmed that there is a cruise control on the steering wheel - right hand side.

I have not driven on the expressway yet, so no chance to test it out.

Mine is a blue 2016.

I am not concern about the accuracy of the fuel test. How much fuel we burnt depend on our driving style and I have a heavy right foot.

C&C, at least the SE, is very confident that Mitsubishi will survive.

Mine is a blue 2016.

I am not concern about the accuracy of the fuel test. How much fuel we burnt depend on our driving style and I have a heavy right foot.

C&C, at least the SE, is very confident that Mitsubishi will survive.

ASX owners list:

1) pauche (red, 2016)
2) Clement (grey, 2016)
3) Ocheric (grey, 2016)
4) Bsb (red, 2016)
5) simymxh (white, 2016) 
6) NCCHEW (blue, 2016)

Wow, very optimistic of C&C SE to have such a view!
I really hope that he is right!

Edited by Clement

ASX owners list:

1) pauche (red, 2016)
2) Clement (grey, 2016)
3) Ocheric (grey, 2016)
4) Bsb (red, 2016)
5) simymxh (white, 2016) 
6) NCCHEW (blue, 2016)

Wow, very optimistic of C&C SE to have such a view!
I really hope that he is right!

Looks like there are a few new ASX owners!  Time to meet up!  :D

Looks like there are a few new ASX owners! Time to meet up! :D

Yes, I do see more ASX on the road recently and there are 2 white ASX in my housing estate car park! Meeting up, sound like a plan, Pauche!

Just settled the balance of the downew payment and hopefully I can get my new ride in 2 weeks.

• Praise 1

I do not see asx on the road. None in the place where i stay. Think i do not drive around that much, so do not see many asx. See lots of vezels everyday.

Welcome Ocheric and NDCHEW!

Those who have gotten their ride can provide some info on initial ride experience?

- So far so good! CVT engine is smooth and quiet.  Still running in, haven't really tried the power on Malaysia Highways yet.

- Nice to have the paddle shifts to drop gear and get some acceleration.

- The 2016 model has 18" rims and wheel arches.

- Daytime Running LED cannot be turned off.  

- Car is equipped with lots of safety warning beeps, e.g. seatbelt warning beep, boot not closed properly, etc.

- Avg fuel consumption is about 8-9 km/l based on 50% city driving, and 2k RPM driving.

- From my experience, C&C at Ubi tends to give 'better discounts' or package.

- The car is good, but My SE sucks big time with poor product knowledge, wrong info, and poor after sales follow up.

- C&C's free servicing is 1k and 10k only, no 5k servicing required.

- Leather seats, head unit, reverse cam, and reverse sensors are installed by C&C's vendor Tomo.  Salesman told me that the leather seats only have 1 type of colour, but Tomo told me that there are actually 2 colour schemes for the leather seats.  If u install front sensors via C&C, they charge more expensive than going to Tomo direct.

- Have bought some ASX accessories from taobao, like bumper protector, door scuff plates, window visors, cargo boot mat, sharksfin antenna, etc.  Have also installed sub-woofer, hella horns, recording camera, front sensors, LED cabin lights, etc.  

- There are also ASX accessories in Malaysia, UK, Aust, NZ & China.  In US, search under Outlander Sport.  In Japan & Canada, search under RVR.

- If you are buying floor mats from overseas, do note that theirs are LHD and will not fit.  Likewise for mud guard, ours can't fit due to the black wheel arch.

• Praise 3

Thanks for the very good info! Wanted to wait but in the end decided to sign on the dotted line for ASX during car show.

↡ Advertisement