All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

(edited)

Was at PML this noon. Went to see the 116d actually. ( they only bringing in 116d as this will keep the car under COE Cat A).

price of $133800 (included all discount liao).

Attracted by the diesel engine and higher milage actually.

If you are a tall guy like me (1.8m tall), it's true that the rear seat guy behind driver will feel kind of cramp. A little not used to the small rear view mirror, small side mirror and rear windows.

But what I like about is

1 - comes with 2 sets of Remote Car Key, each car key has it's own 2 car seat memory. Meaning whichever car key enters car, it will switch to it's memorise seat position.

2 - it is a Rear Wheel Drive

3 - comes with Run Flat Tyres

4 - 8 speed transmission

5 - few others features can not recall.

I was actually intending to look at

1 - Toyota - Prius

2 - Lexus CT Hybrid and NX Hybrid

3 - Volvo V40d and S80d

4 - BMW 116d

My conclusion is,

Lexus is too ex and CT Hybrid rear seat is just as cramp.

Volvo is quite ok, but don't like the Doors, felt heavy rather than Solid. Don't really like the Salesperson's service as well.

Prius, quite like the fuel consumption.

However, when look at BMW 116d, kind of attracted to it. Price of 116d is even cheaper than the Prius. Therefore if you ask me, with the price of $133800, I would rather choose a BMW over just a Toyota

Was at PML this noon. Went to see the 116d actually. ( they only bringing in 116d as this will keep the car under COE Cat A).

If you are a tall guy like me (1.8m tall), it's true that the rear seat guy behind driver will feel kind of cramp. A little not used to the small rear view mirror, small side mirror and rear windows.

But what I like about is

1 - comes with 2 sets of Remote Car Key, each car key has it's own 2 car seat memory. Meaning whichever car key enters car, it will switch to it's memorise seat position.

4 - 8 speed transmission

1 - Toyota - Prius

3 - Volvo V40d and S80d

4 - BMW 116d

My conclusion is,

Volvo is quite ok, but don't like the Doors, felt heavy rather than Solid. Don't really like the Salesperson's service as well.

However, when look at BMW 116d, kind of attracted to it. Price of 116d is even cheaper than the Prius. Therefore if you ask me, with the price of $133800, I would rather choose a BMW over just a Toyota.

Did you test drive the car? The drive experience is great, it is stable and firm on the road. BMW 1 series will be the last rear wheel drive car, BMW is planning to move to front wheel drive car for 1 Series, may be in the next 2 years.

Edited by ccsgl1900
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

But what I like about is

4 - 8 speed transmission

1 - Toyota - Prius

3 - Volvo V40d and S80d

4 - BMW 116d

My conclusion is,

However, when look at BMW 116d, kind of attracted to it. Price of 116d is even cheaper than the Prius. Therefore if you ask me, with the price of $133800, I would rather choose a BMW over just a Toyota.

Thanks for review, any idea what is the OMV for the BMW 116 ?

• Praise 2

Did you test drive the car? The drive experience is great, it is stable and firm on the road. BMW 1 series will be the last rear wheel drive car, BMW is planning to move to front wheel drive car for 1 Series, may be in the next 2 years.

ccsgl1900, I didn't test drive. The sales person offered but I told him I will arranged with him another when I more or less decided which to select. Didn't want to be tempted into buying after test drive. They always let you test drive so you get a feel of owning the car so will be tempted to buy.

I kind of like the Rear Wheel Drive because mostly is only available in those sports car or higher price car.

So you getting?

I am still thinking and checking the payment, though at $133800, still need to pay atleast 50%. And minimum loan of $60k. Else I think there is shortage of $3500 ~$4000 discount.

ccsgl1900, I didn't test drive. The sales person offered but I told him I will arranged with him another when I more or less decided which to select. Didn't want to be tempted into buying after test drive. They always let you test drive so you get a feel of owning the car so will be tempted to buy.

I kind of like the Rear Wheel Drive because mostly is only available in those sports car or higher price car.

So you getting?

I am still thinking and checking the payment, though at $133800, still need to pay atleast 50%. And minimum loan of $60k. Else I think there is shortage of $3500 ~$4000 discount.

Do take note that the diesel tax would be higher than normal petrol cars but of course the savings from FC should more than compensate this I think?

• Praise 3

Thanks for review, any idea what is the OMV for the BMW 116 ?

Blueray, I did try to ask, Salesperson mentioned is around $25k and CEVs about $15k.

However, I felt that seems like BMW is trying to show the lowest price for $133800 after all this discount and Cevs rebate. Didn't seems want to review the exact numbers.

I searched online and found for the 116i(A) (under one drive.com) is about 24,390.

So I guessed if drive till 10years may left around (24-15) / 2 = around $5k left for car scraping?

Last thing holding me back is, I do heard from friends and colleagues that seems like European car don't seems to last long. After 4 years, seems to have "problems" start coming up from the BMW car.....

• Praise 1

Do take note that the diesel tax would be higher than normal petrol cars but of course the savings from FC should more than compensate this I think?

Spring, yep. I think it is around 1.3x more? I have a colleague who bought a Volvo V40d (about 1560cc) paid $1.2k instead of the usual $900+ I think.

But I made a check on lat website calculated is only about $681 for 116d compared to same cc under petrol at $545. (not sure if correct though). So it is only $150 more per month. I estimate for diesel, I probably will save around $150~$200 per month as compared to petrol, as such quite worth it. Furthermore, diesel price is much lower than diesel.

Try check out at below link which I think contain lots of info there.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/costs-of-owning-a-vehicle/tax-structure-for-cars.html

Considering Diesel price is about $1.29/l before discount.. if you drive quite abit, definitely will have savings. 98 petrol now is $2.31/l before discount (truely singapore when oil prices are at the lowest within these few years)

Diesel road tax for 1600cc:

Therefore, the total 6-monthly Road Tax and Special Tax payable for this car is:

= S$372 + S$320
= S$692

Per year will be $1.38k which is more than double of petrol but this can be offset by savings on Diesel.

I myself considering a Diesel SUV in the future too..

The diesel clatter dont really care.. the torque is shiok shiok.

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 2

Considering Diesel price is about $1.29/l before discount.. if you drive quite abit, definitely will have savings. 98 petrol now is $2.31/l before discount (truely singapore when oil prices are at the lowest within these few years)

Diesel road tax for 1600cc:

Therefore, the total 6-monthly Road Tax and Special Tax payable for this car is:

= S$372 + S$320

= S$692

Per year will be $1.38k which is more than double of petrol but this can be offset by savings on Diesel.

I myself considering a Diesel SUV in the future too..

The diesel clatter dont really care.. the torque is shiok shiok.

Your 316 don't have that clatter meh?

Same same lah for BMW D.I. engine.

But what I like about is

4 - 8 speed transmission

1 - Toyota - Prius

3 - Volvo V40d and S80d

4 - BMW 116d

My conclusion is,

nicepal, care to share the specs at 133k?

I suppose no navigation?

LED or bixenon headlights?

Edited by Hummer
  • Praise 1

nicepal, care to share the specs at 133k?

I suppose no navigation?

LED or bixenon headlights?

@ 133k, you still expect sat nav & LED.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 3

Hummer > Not very sure about the Lights but the catalog stated

- Front is flat halogen double round headlights with LED daytime running lights accentuate the front's athletic look.

- Rear. Two-part rear lights, including rear fog lights, are based on LED technology and are equipped with a dynamic brake light function.

== Thus, not very sure as I am not very expert into such lightings..

Yes you are right, whatever price you see there is no navigation. basic model. if you want they can do it factory fit but need to wait for 3~4 months for new car configuration.

I managed to get a copy of the brochure, remember he mentioned these will be the features for the standard car that they are bringing in. And seems some of the features are initially options.. Thus seems quite worth it.

price going up?? hmm. think I have to go test drive tomorrow and decide on the spot if changing to BMW.. If so that will be my first bmw...

heard some say nice to drive a bmw, heard some says doesn't last 4 yrs as after that servicing starts to kick in.. but i still think $133k+ for a bmws is quite worth it.. ;)

post-7245-0-67114800-1438926491_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting up the tech sheet I compared it with the 3er brochure. Overall its fairly basic but least you get the typical tech for everyday cars. A reverse camera & Hi-Fi Audio added would make the ride sweeter.

When you test drive test out the audio system I heard the base system is not fantastic especially if you hook up with an ipod. See if you are okay with the audio.

Drive the car and let us know how the drive is, I heard handling on a 1 series is pretty good. If you don't feel any difference between the drive and other cars then you would seriously need to think if its worth the premium.

Happy car hunt

B1DhCYYCIAA7M5u.jpg

Hummer > Not very sure about the Lights but the catalog stated

- Front is flat halogen double round headlights with LED daytime running lights accentuate the front's athletic look.

- Rear. Two-part rear lights, including rear fog lights, are based on LED technology and are equipped with a dynamic brake light function.

== Thus, not very sure as I am not very expert into such lightings..

Yes you are right, whatever price you see there is no navigation. basic model. if you want they can do it factory fit but need to wait for 3~4 months for new car configuration.

I managed to get a copy of the brochure, remember he mentioned these will be the features for the standard car that they are bringing in. And seems some of the features are initially options.. Thus seems quite worth it.

price going up?? hmm. think I have to go test drive tomorrow and decide on the spot if changing to BMW.. If so that will be my first bmw...

heard some say nice to drive a bmw, heard some says doesn't last 4 yrs as after that servicing starts to kick in.. but i still think $133k+ for a bmws is quite worth it.. ;)

• Praise 1

Last thing holding me back is, I do heard from friends and colleagues that seems like European car don't seems to last long. After 4 years, seems to have "problems" start coming up from the BMW car.....

how many beemers do you see on the road? Many not scare and i am one of the bo scare.

in short, get a toyota if scare. And stop listening to hearsay.

• Praise 1

Thanks for posting up the tech sheet I compared it with the 3er brochure. Overall its fairly basic but least you get the typical tech for everyday cars. A reverse camera & Hi-Fi Audio added would make the ride sweeter.

When you test drive test out the audio system I heard the base system is not fantastic especially if you hook up with an ipod. See if you are okay with the audio.

Drive the car and let us know how the drive is, I heard handling on a 1 series is pretty good. If you don't feel any difference between the drive and other cars then you would seriously need to think if its worth the premium.

Happy car hunt

B1DhCYYCIAA7M5u.jpg

Mercury1 > I did asked about the Reverse Camera too. As available stock does not have one, ofcourse the sales person said the car length is short enough to forgo that and with the Reverse Sensor is good enough. Hmm.

I am quite an ok person when come to Audio system, as long the speaker don't go "buffing" when ON slightly louder, that's is fine with me, my old Rav4 1.8 & current Estima also simply has stock speaker only. I guessed people like me that never own a beemer before, should feel good on the handling. Else will like what you said, no difference can just grab a normal car, why bother just for the famous 3 alphabet?? :)

Hamburger > I love your style "Bo Kia, Bo Hiu". I have no "dislike" over BMW. I liked the make of Toyota Japan made car "from Rav4 to Estima". I even told my colleague before I don't really like BMW unless is a X6.... (but off course X6 is way too expensive for me to buy). But when I saw the Series 1's 116d, I kind of like it as compared over Toyota Prius & Lexus CT Hybrid.... In fact, my "favourism" is more towards 116d, just that, got to make some comparison and outshine the 116d before deciding to buy ;)... Infant, till now the only "not so like" of the 116d is the rear seat leg space.....

Well.. likely I will be going down the alexander outlet for test drive tomorrow or probably even to make downpayment after that...;) will try give you guys some updates later of the day, if I go..

(I was telling my wife about me checking out online and stopping by this forum talking about 116d. She nag at me "if like it just buy loh, why need to check this, compare that. Furthermore, base on the price, it is still better to get the BMW as compared to some other car.....")

Saw it. As expected. Paying for the badge essentially. If no need to ferry people n lifestyle have no need to transport much stuff, then why not. It's a Beemer. Go get it. It's a steal at below 140k. If not, save yourself 40k and get a B&B sushi or kimchi with comparable spec/drive.

• Praise 1

Saw it. As expected. Paying for the badge essentially. If no need to ferry people n lifestyle have no need to transport much stuff, then why not. It's a Beemer. Go get it. It's a steal at below 140k. If not, save yourself 40k and get a B&B sushi or kimchi with comparable spec/drive.

Not really a steal.

I think Mini Cooper is in that price range with better spec

↡ Advertisement