All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

Good info thanks, I prob had the 120 sports in mind when I mentioned the below.

Anyway bodykit no need to get original, get the replica is just as good and prob cost a grand plus? Friend of mine has the rep compared to mine cannot tell the diff. At the end of the day if touch wood either kanna hit it will just crack anyway.

unfortunately for the 116d there's no options such as business/comfort/msports etc... buyer can only choose individual parts from the option list (where it will be installed in the factory)... the m sport bodykit is retrofitted in Singapore and they are charging $6.4k for it... and its just the bodykit (no m steering wheel, msport suspension or even the bloody M logo...)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

How useful is the 5 years warranty upgrade for a low fee?  As wear and tear items is not covered, That potentially means many items like chains etc are also not covered. I mean even a engine or gearbox can be considered a wear and tear item.  

• Praise 1

How useful is the 5 years warranty upgrade for a low fee?  As wear and tear items is not covered, That potentially means many items like chains etc are also not covered. I mean even a engine or gearbox can be considered a wear and tear item.  

U got vouchers? If have I suggest you use them on this warranty upgrade else you will end up buying stuff u don't really need. Anyway it's $1k thereabouts right?

This one like buying insurance, just for peace of mind. No right nor wrong.

• Praise 3

If u r happy with PML after sales service, go ahead.

Buy new car already think about engine/GB should juz B.M.W.

PML after sales service never good. owned a bmw before .. sales and service attitude is not good.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Good info thanks, I prob had the 120 sports in mind when I mentioned the below.

Anyway bodykit no need to get original, get the replica is just as good and prob cost a grand plus? Friend of mine has the rep compared to mine cannot tell the diff. At the end of the day if touch wood either kanna hit it will just crack anyway.

yah now the JDM is offerring 2.4k for the new aftermarket bodykit, looks damn good though. couple of guys have fitted with them and the fitment looks spot on.

really pity that they don't even want to indent the 125D... will love to have that as an option while shopping for a 1 series!

*M sport rims can buy from PML only... No option to have it supplied at the factory, only retrofit in Singapore... might as well go to places like Top93 and Leong Seng etc to hunt for used m sport rims (either 2 series or 135i stock rims should fit nicely offset wise).

Personally I would change the steering wheel first, bodykit is just aesthetics but the M wheel really feels so good compared to the stock one 

yah now the JDM is offerring 2.4k for the new aftermarket bodykit, looks damn good though. couple of guys have fitted with them and the fitment looks spot on.

really pity that they don't even want to indent the 125D... will love to have that as an option while shopping for a 1 series!

*M sport rims can buy from PML only... No option to have it supplied at the factory, only retrofit in Singapore... might as well go to places like Top93 and Leong Seng etc to hunt for used m sport rims (either 2 series or 135i stock rims should fit nicely offset wise).

• Praise 1

If u r happy with PML after sales service, go ahead.

Buy new car already think about engine/GB should juz B.M.W.

Coz have to decide before collecting car. They already gave 5 years serving free including oils and filter. So in a way make sense to get the warranty upgrade to match.

Covers primarily the engine and GB as you mentioned but chances of either two failing within 5 years is low very low (assuming you keep the car stock), Pml pays any cover out of its own pocket so they done the math.

One thing to note, I recall they have a clause that mentions they can replace the failed part with another part matching the age of the car, which means secondhand parts etc can be used. So don't expect some new part shipped in overnight from the factory, they can buy the part from a scrapyard and fulfill the terms.

Get the brochure and read the notes at the bottom, so least you know what you're getting for ur buck

• Praise 2

Covers primarily the engine and GB as you mentioned but chances of either two failing within 5 years is low very low (assuming you keep the car stock), Pml pays any cover out of its own pocket so they done the math.

One thing to note, I recall they have a clause that mentions they can replace the failed part with another part matching the age of the car, which means secondhand parts etc can be used. So don't expect some new part shipped in overnight from the factory, they can buy the part from a scrapyard and fulfill the terms.

Get the brochure and read the notes at the bottom, so least you know what you're getting for ur buck

Thanks for the detailed explanation. That's why I thought even thought it's 1.2k, it does not cover much. More like a insurance then anything.

Still some may like or take it up. Good to have options

• Praise 1

Hi does anyone know how to view rear cam video on phone.. can view it on the car cam but take out sd card and put it on phone can't find the rear cam file.. only can view front cam video

Never mind I think something is wrong with my bmw car camera, can capture in front video only but not behind although it show the blue light and unable to retrieve file in an car accident from back camera...just an advise pls check your back camera whether is it in function before its too late

Never mind I think something is wrong with my bmw car camera, can capture in front video only but not behind although it show the blue light and unable to retrieve file in an car accident from back camera...just an advise pls check your back camera whether is it in function before its too late

The 2 "channel" Avi format is something the standard media player can't read. Download http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html and You will see both front and back videos. Or use bmw player and you will see even a map of the video and speed etc.

http://www.advancedcareye.com/

↡ Advertisement