Peugeot 5008

Csc2015

(edited)

i think u just make a very bad decision

Read your thread... I will hope for the best ....game to face the challenges ahead...have parts and labour cover for 3 years or 60kkm and 5 years factory warranty..

Edited by Csc2015
↡ Advertisement

well, french cars have nice and unique design, high specs but not the best for reliability and maintenance/spare parts is expensive or limited. Japanese cars are somewhat of the opposite, as you might know.

Kind of like battle of the heart and the brain.

well, french cars have nice and unique design, high specs but not the best for reliability and maintenance/spare parts is expensive or limited. Japanese cars are somewhat of the opposite, as you might know.

Kind of like battle of the heart and the brain.

Each maybe at different seasons of life and some risks can be taken at different times. ....will not be so bad...prepared for the worst but hope for the best...I have driven a korean car until it scrapped.

• Praise 1

Each maybe at different seasons of life and some risks can be taken at different times. ....will not be so bad...prepared for the worst but hope for the best...I have driven a korean car until it scrapped.

the thing is sometimes conti make cars - get a normal car, can breathe freely, live well apart from some minor disturbances. Get a Friday car, you wish you never been born [laugh]

now, comparing your korean car is a big no-no [:p]

Anyway, buy liao just enjoy the car. Believe French cars are more-than-decent handlers

5008 is nice, but the one that caught my eye was the 308SW......

Ticks all the boxes.

[nod] Driving a wagon now, must say 308 really nice and have attracted me even though I have French phobia. Will wait for more reviews as my car still has > 2 yrs to go

the thing is sometimes conti make cars - get a normal car, can breathe freely, live well apart from some minor disturbances. Get a Friday car, you wish you never been born [laugh]

now, comparing your korean car is a big no-no [:p]

Anyway, buy liao just enjoy the car. Believe French cars are more-than-decent handlers

[nod] Driving a wagon now, must say 308 really nice and have attracted me even though I have French phobia. Will wait for more reviews as my car still has > 2 yrs to go

Thanks. How's your 308 for the 7 yrs +? Where did you go for servicing after warranty?

Thanks. How's your 308 for the 7 yrs +? Where did you go for servicing after warranty?

sorry for the confusion, i do not drive a Pug. I drive a swede wagon [;)]

• Praise 1

depends on luck, especially with French cars. Best bet is still their manual option (if it's available).

I have good experience with French car, probably 'cos it's a manual. In fact, I find it is mechanically more reliable than my ex-MIJ Japenis car.

I had driven the 6spd manual turbo diesel 3008 & 308SW as rental in Germany. Very good ride &.handling for both car. The turbo diesel match perfectly with the 6sp manual.

It is pity that the AD only bring in the lousy Auto manual GB.

ETG really cmi... no amount of diesel savings can mend a broken heart. Really didn't have the drive to match the looks.

I had driven the 6spd manual turbo diesel 3008 & 308SW as rental in Germany. Very good ride &.handling for both car. The turbo diesel match perfectly with the 6sp manual.
It is pity that the AD only bring in the lousy Auto manual GB.

the best and closest way to describe the frustration of driving the etg is your boss calling you every 15 sec to ask some stupid question while u are in the middle of night excercise in bed

by the time u are in gear and moving on, the shit happens and it goes flacid again

for the 10 yrs, u wont ever derive any satisfaction

Edited by Furrynadz
  • Praise 2

I think you only french car phobia, surely not french girls phobia right? 😜

Neutral Newbie

I owned and drove Peugeot 5008 diesel for the last 3 months. You will take some time to get use to diesel cars (if you have not driven one) Obviously, diesel cars are noisy, but the sound proofing for this model is good. The 1st to 2nd gear shift is expected to be jerky, but if you learn to manage this, the transmission is quite seamless. Other than this, I do like this car very much. Once you get use to these minor issues, you will love the drive. Turbo charge and very powerful for a 1.6. Excellent fuel efficiency. The features are simply fantastic! Value for money. One of the best MPV i have driven.

Edited by kktong
  • Praise 1

I owned and drove Peugeot 5008 diesel for the last 3 months. You will take some time to get use to diesel cars (if you have not driven one) Obviously, diesel cars are noisy, but the sound proofing for this model is good. The 1st to 2nd gear shift is expected to be jerky, but if you learn to manage this, the transmission is quite seamless. Other than this, I do like this car very much. Once you get use to these minor issues, you will love the drive. Turbo charge and very powerful for a 1.6. Excellent fuel efficiency. The features are simply fantastic! Value for money. One of the best MPV i have driven.

Thanks for your sharing. What a positive reassurance! I just got my coe! AutoFrance bid aggressively for me although I sign a non guarantee 6 bids contract. So far so good with my experience with AF unlike my experience with BM. I am looking forward to collecting my ride end of Aug!

Thanks for your sharing. What a positive reassurance! I just got my coe! AutoFrance bid aggressively for me although I sign a non guarantee 6 bids contract. So far so good with my experience with AF unlike my experience with BM. I am looking forward to collecting my ride end of Aug!

congrats and enjoy!!

• Praise 1

Hope that more Peugeot 5008 Diesel owners can come forward to share their personal reviews. Hope to find owners who have driven this model without much problem and maintenance issues that crossed the 3 yr, 5 yr mark if any etc. For those with issues with Peugeot 5008 diesel, their advice on how to keep maintenance cost low or things to do to improve performance of the car. Appreciate. Thank you.

1) change all fluid at HALF the interval recommended in the service manual, actually change everything at half the interval

2) when in doubt, visit Thomas and Partner workshop amk autopoint 03-03

these the only 2 things u need

Edited by Furrynadz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2