Peugeot 5008

Csc2015

Hypersonic

10 months on..... so far so good...not much issue.....still enjoying my PUG 5008.

FC is great and now even found a place to get cheaper diesel.Full tank about $40 for about 800km.

PUG support group is wonderful. Hope that I am still happy after 3.5 years at least!

Cheap diesel from Serangoon North?

↡ Advertisement

For those that thinks buying a jap will solve unforseen circumstances, maybe just maybe it is the solution.

But with the drive and comfort so different, I take my chance.

Yes, the power, the drive, the comfort, the features, the "solidiness",etc, it's definitely worth a try.

If I can drive this PUG to about 5 years without much issues, I will probably consider another PUG.

Neutral Newbie

Got the facelift 508 model. In a span of 6 months from collection, got problems with parking sensors, blur reversed camera and air-con failure. Totally lost confidence in this car. Going back to Jap car and now waiting for my new ride.

Got the facelift 508 model. In a span of 6 months from collection, got problems with parking sensors, blur reversed camera and air-con failure. Totally lost confidence in this car. Going back to Jap car and now waiting for my new ride.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about that. So far mine last been very reliable, nothing has missed a beat so far. Apart from a poor Servicing experience at AF.

Yours a petrol model? Mine is a 1.6 BlueHDI.

Got the facelift 508 model. In a span of 6 months from collection, got problems with parking sensors, blur reversed camera and air-con failure. Totally lost confidence in this car. Going back to Jap car and now waiting for my new ride.

How old is the facelift 508 model?  Less than 2 years right? 

Neutral Newbie

How old is the facelift 508 model?  Less than 2 years right? 

No idea. For my case, just bought this brand new petrol version last Nov 2015.

No idea. For my case, just bought this brand new petrol version last Nov 2015.

Impressive!!

Neutral Newbie

Impressive!!

Just want to avoid future inconveniences and agony - what's the point of driving when needs to send the car to workshop now and then. It's a very expensive lesson. Oh, one more thing, the AF workshop experience is just as bad.

Hi there, 

My dad is considering getting the Pug5008 BlueHDI EAT6 1.6turbo version. I believe this is the facelift version.

Can I check how long does the Adblue fluid last? My dad isn't very meticulous with car servicing, so sometimes instead of 10k servicing he goes at 15k even 20k..

Wanted to see if the Adblue can last.

Hi there, 

My dad is considering getting the Pug5008 BlueHDI EAT6 1.6turbo version. I believe this is the facelift version.

Can I check how long does the Adblue fluid last? My dad isn't very meticulous with car servicing, so sometimes instead of 10k servicing he goes at 15k even 20k..

Wanted to see if the Adblue can last.

The 17L Adblue tank can last about 20k+ km if driven 'normally' without excessive idling/hard acceleration. AF will top it up normally on the 20k servicing mark(At 10k servicing, they said it was "quite full").

Once it gets low, the warning will appear on the dash screen when you on/off and its hard to miss, giving you at least 2400km worth of range till empty.

Basically, the car will stop you from starting/driving if adblue reaches critical level.

The 17L Adblue tank can last about 20k+ km if driven 'normally' without excessive idling/hard acceleration. AF will top it up normally on the 20k servicing mark(At 10k servicing, they said it was "quite full").

Once it gets low, the warning will appear on the dash screen when you on/off and its hard to miss, giving you at least 2400km worth of range till empty.

Will be getting the new 5008 this coming weekend [laugh]

2 weekends ago my family and I were ready to sign the dotted line to purchase Mazda 5. On the day of signing, We decided to just pop by Peugeot and Ford to take a quick look. What was supposed to take just 30 min to take just a look ended up 3 hours at the showroom. We took the car out for test drive on the expressway and throughout the journey my kids and wife were wowed by the spacious and wow-looking interior design, esp the panoramic roof. I'm not a speed demon but I appreciated the amount of torque from its diesel engine. 

After the test-drive, I was torn between between the Mazda 5 and the Peugeot 5008.

To me, Mazda 5 is more practical (esp the sliding door), reliable and cheaper car but rather out-dated dashboard and narrow 2nd and 3rd row seats.

Peugeot 5008 on the other hand has the 'wow' factor the moment I entered the car and I (and my family) loved the journey with the car although being French, the car is not as reliable as Jap counterparts and maintenance cost is definitely more...

Kinda of choosing between a nice goofy but mundane gf versus a hot-looking spicy girl but a little temperamental to be my wife [:p]

The agent saw our struggle and offered to lower the pricing of the car to match that of Mazda 5, plus other freebies.

Hence in 3 short hours, we came, we saw and we signed the dotted line for 5008. The heart ruled over the mind :a-good:

I'm getting ready to enjoy ride with this French car but am also getting ready too to pay more for its maintenance [;)]

Hopefully my experience with handling the other hot-looking spicy but temperamental wifey of more than 10 years can help me with this :XD:  :XD:

• Praise 2

Will be getting the new 5008 this coming weekend [laugh]

2 weekends ago my family and I were ready to sign the dotted line to purchase Mazda 5. On the day of signing, We decided to just pop by Peugeot and Ford to take a quick look. What was supposed to take just 30 min to take just a look ended up 3 hours at the showroom. We took the car out for test drive on the expressway and throughout the journey my kids and wife were wowed by the spacious and wow-looking interior design, esp the panoramic roof. I'm not a speed demon but I appreciated the amount of torque from its diesel engine. 

After the test-drive, I was torn between between the Mazda 5 and the Peugeot 5008.

To me, Mazda 5 is more practical (esp the sliding door), reliable and cheaper car but rather out-dated dashboard and narrow 2nd and 3rd row seats.

Peugeot 5008 on the other hand has the 'wow' factor the moment I entered the car and I (and my family) loved the journey with the car although being French, the car is not as reliable as Jap counterparts and maintenance cost is definitely more...

Kinda of choosing between a nice goofy but mundane gf versus a hot-looking spicy girl but a little temperamental to be my wife [:p]

The agent saw our struggle and offered to lower the pricing of the car to match that of Mazda 5, plus other freebies.

Hence in 3 short hours, we came, we saw and we signed the dotted line for 5008. The heart ruled over the mind :a-good:

I'm getting ready to enjoy ride with this French car but am also getting ready too to pay more for its maintenance [;)]

Hopefully my experience with handling the other hot-looking spicy but temperamental wifey of more than 10 years can help me with this :XD:  :XD:

We had similar experience one year ago in Aug 2015. We signed on the dotted line within 3 hrs of first sight and we have been enjoying the ride very much with a little hiccups.

No regrets so far. So far so good....car is good, agent is good, servicing is good....peugeot club group is good... what more could we ask?