New Jaguar CX 17

TanSoonHuat

i know today is a bad day for stocks.

But.... i placed my booking fee for the F-pace.

oh yeah

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

oh yeah

Congrats! What's the price? What Colour u choose?

• Praise 8

(edited)

any lelong for this one? lol

GBP at 30 year low vs USD post Brexit. Down 10%+ today. Good time to look at Jaguar indeed...

post-7984-0-14170500-1466759189_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

oh yeah

Nice choice. I'd aim for this car next time when I have my small little family. Or the Macan S.

Congrats! What's the price? What Colour u choose?

estimate 245-300+ depends cc and the model.

i m going for the metallic blue. 1st edition. 300+k

Nice choice. I'd aim for this car next time when I have my small little family. Or the Macan S.

same dilemma as me.

Was also choosing between this 2

Launch is on 14 Jul 2016. 

Book now get the car in Jul. book during the launch might have a long waiting period of 9 month

• Praise 1

Got an invite yesterday only. Looks like 2L D or 3L Petrol SC. Not so good spec.

Book now get the car in Jul. book during the launch might have a long waiting period of 9 month

Hypersonic

estimate 245-300+ depends cc and the model.

i m going for the metallic blue. 1st edition. 300+k

same dilemma as me.

Was also choosing between this 2

Wow nice

Was at Wearnes today.

F-Pace 2.0 Ingenium Diesel - est 245k 

F-Pace 3.0 Petrol Supercharged - est 285k

Comes with 3 year warranty and 5 year free servicing if am not wrong.

Diesel service interval is 34,000km !!! 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Was at Wearnes today.

F-Pace 2.0 Ingenium Diesel - est 245k 

F-Pace 3.0 Petrol Supercharged - est 285k

Comes with 3 year warranty and 5 year free servicing if am not wrong.

Diesel service interval is 34,000km !!! 

Thanks for posting the price list - least some rough idea of RRP

I am quoting price from SGCARMART for discussion purposes ... disclaimer price is indicative but will be good enough 

Porky Macan 2.0 - $230K (after COE, $285K indicative) will be in the price range of F Pace 3.0 

I know there is a physical size difference between them, but price wise could be "quite close" so potential SG buyers of Jag F Pace could be comparing with Porky PDK as well ... ( rather i dun think they will be comparing with sis-company LR )

2 cents thought

Well in SG, badge sells  :a-happy:

Edited by rickosw

(edited)

Thanks for posting the price list - least some rough idea of RRP

I am quoting price from SGCARMART for discussion purposes ... disclaimer price is indicative but will be good enough 

Porky Macan 2.0 - $230K (after COE, $285K indicative) will be in the price range of F Pace 3.0 

I know there is a physical size difference between them, but price wise could be "quite close" so potential SG buyers of Jag F Pace could be comparing with Porky PDK as well ... ( rather i dun think they will be comparing with sis-company LR )

2 cents thought

Well in SG, badge sells  :a-happy:

I am one of them.

I walked to Porsche after seeing the to scale size mock up of the F Pace at wearnes.

Walked into Porsche, no Macan in showroom on display; just 2 registered Macans squeezed at one end, one fella wiping the car, another probably a proud owner snapping pics away.

No sales person greeted or even noticed me; essentially no one cared.

Walked out in less than a minute. 

F-Pace vs Macan; yes sure have a serious comparison. Badge wise, definitely Porsche for me. Service wise, first impressions are not good, unlike Jaguar. 

Maybe i'd give them another chance and walk in again with a bow-tie, tuxedo and polished leather shoes. 

The F Pace is a bigger car than the Macan. It's probably just a tad bigger than the Q5 as well. Need to see the actual car in flesh and drive it and see how 'alive' it feels. haha. 

Edited by ahboy86

(edited)

I am one of them.

I walked to Porsche after seeing the to scale size mock up of the F Pace at wearnes.

Walked into Porsche, no Macan in showroom on display; just 2 registered Macans squeezed at one end, one fella wiping the car, another probably a proud owner snapping pics away.

F-Pace vs Macan; yes sure have a serious comparison. Badge wise, definitely Porsche for me. Service wise, first impressions are not good, unlike Jaguar. 

Maybe i'd give them another chance and walk in again with a bow-tie, tuxedo and polished leather shoes. 

The F Pace is a bigger car than the Macan. It's probably just a tad bigger than the Q5 as well. Need to see the actual car in flesh and drive it and see how 'alive' it feels. haha. 

Bro, I totally understand how you feel, but I kena in a different way ...  I went to the three BIG German Brands, and lets call them Brand A, Brand B & Brand C

Brand A was first stop, dun know anyone just walk in, got served by "team leader", nice gentleman, quite professional, did follow up with me on 2 phone call, but I didnt buy from him cos the dealer refused to give me any overtrade cum forced me to take 50% LOAN - non-neg. These two factors made me walk away from the deal.

Brand B - this one is the worst of the worst car showroom experience in my life, I went to that showroom on two different occasions cos they were having a soft launch (after event) on one model and another during post Xmas sale. I kena two different sales man, really Ah Beng to the max ... super bad breath (smoker) and really smell very bad - like never shower, etc. Cannot speak proper english, almost want to speak to me in Hokkien, I ask them a few "simple technical & general questions" on the cars , dun know never mind ... still try to smoke me ... i almost want to complain ... but i let it slide ... (these two SA never follow up with me - no email , no phone, no SMS)

Brand C - this one, i also heard horror story before, super snobbish, also "bo chap" you, cos the "BRAND" sells itself, like literally "non-stop" human traffic, but least this time, i was "recommended" by a "casual friend", so the SA was "quite nice" to me ... i also didnt buy on the first occasion, and I didnt really like that model, something in mind was just saying, it is not quite rite....but after a few months, she did follow up with a few more phone calls and won me over when that was a special roadshow special on a different model, but was more importantly, was I knew someone up on the food chain from a "sister company" and that person made a phone call downstairs to make sure "i was taken care" of ... the SA got to know and thus "excellent" service and post sale service ...

so when buying a car (no matter which brand) really helps a lot, if you know someone inside (esp very senior management), the SA really dun dare to be "funny" with you ...

if you dun have that lobang, then really up to Lady Luck if you get a good and 'relatively honest & reliable" SA 

2 cents thought...

Edited by rickosw
  • Praise 1

Bro, I totally understand how you feel, but I kena in a different way ...  I went to the three BIG German Brands, and lets call them Brand A, Brand B & Brand C

Brand A was first stop, dun know anyone just walk in, got served by "team leader", nice gentleman, quite professional, did follow up with me on 2 phone call, but I didnt buy from him cos the dealer refused to give me any overtrade cum forced me to take 50% LOAN - non-neg. These two factors made me walk away from the deal.

Brand B - this one is the worst of the worst car showroom experience in my life, I went to that showroom on two different occasions cos they were having a soft launch (after event) on one model and another during post Xmas sale. I kena two different sales man, really Ah Beng to the max ... super bad breath (smoker) and really smell very bad - like never shower, etc. Cannot speak proper english, almost want to speak to me in Hokkien, I ask them a few "simple technical & general questions" on the cars , dun know never mind ... still try to smoke me ... i almost want to complain ... but i let it slide ... (these two SA never follow up with me - no email , no phone, no SMS)

Brand C - this one, i also heard horror story before, super snobbish, also "bo chap" you, cos the "BRAND" sells itself, like literally "non-stop" human traffic, but least this time, i was "recommended" by a "casual friend", so the SA was "quite nice" to me ... i also didnt buy on the first occasion, and I didnt really like that model, something in mind was just saying, it is not quite rite....but after a few months, she did follow up with a few more phone calls and won me over when that was a special roadshow special on a different model, but was more importantly, was I knew someone up on the food chain from a "sister company" and that person made a phone call downstairs to make sure "i was taken care" of ... the SA got to know and thus "excellent" service and post sale service ...

so when buying a car (no matter which brand) really helps a lot, if you know someone inside (esp very senior management), the SA really dun dare to be "funny" with you ...

if you dun have that lobang, then really up to Lady Luck if you get a good and 'relatively honest & reliable" SA 

2 cents thought...

nice one. 

yea, all about connections. haha. I sort of can guess which brands you are referring to. 

nice one. 

yea, all about connections. haha. I sort of can guess which brands you are referring to. 

hahaha, 

no need to name the Brand ...already a bit too obvious .. 

in any case, do keep us posted on your follow up to Porky Showroom experience  and your final end decision 

cheers!

(edited)

hahaha, 

no need to name the Brand ...already a bit too obvious .. 

in any case, do keep us posted on your follow up to Porky Showroom experience  and your final end decision 

cheers!

Yea let's see. 

Or maybe i might just do away with both marques and keep to solid and cheaper Japanese products: a CX9 Skyactiv Turbo and a MX5 together would be a great combi.  :wub:

Edited by ahboy86

nice one.

i cant guess....

got clues????

I am one of them.

Having serious thought at the moment regarding this 2 models/brands.

I have not experienced the treatment you had thou with Porky.

I was wearing singlet, bermudas and slippers thou. The sa was nice to go with me and discuss on the various models i enquired.....

↡ Advertisement