BPL 15/16 - The New Season Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

"We lost the championship at home against lower teams but we played at home in a very difficult climate."

I wonder who is Wenger blaming here.

He's insinuating it's the fans creating a poisonous atmosphere during home games that flows down to the players on the field. He also claims they were the away games champions so msg pretty clear to me. Dangerous game he is playing cos other than the dressing room, u dont want to antagonise the fans in the stands.

I shall say no more on him as I've already said enough over the past months.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

He's insinuating it's the fans creating a poisonous atmosphere during home games that flows down to the players on the field. He also claims they were the away games champions so msg pretty clear to me. Dangerous game he is playing cos other than the dressing room, u dont want to antagonise the fans in the stands.

I shall say no more on him as I've already said enough over the past months.

Found the article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsene-wenger-blames-difficult-climate-and-manipulated-arsenal-fans-for-title-failure-a7006391.html

More damning. Asking the fans to learn from Liverpool fans :D

LvG is constantly outdoing himself with strange quotes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3566455/Manchester-United-manager-Louis-van-Gaal-s-easy-Leicester-City.html

Easier for Leicester City to buy players? As if they can pay €50m for players like Martial.

Also mentioned before that Sturridge might be off in the summer. Looks more likely now with him coming up with this rant.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-sturridge-being-11265575

Edited by Osprey23

Turbocharged

Abt buying players is acceptable. Maybhe talking abt how clubs tend to inflate the price when man u buys. But talking abt the players lacking title experience is funny. He dontveven know his players.

Abt buying players is acceptable. Maybhe talking abt how clubs tend to inflate the price when man u buys. But talking abt the players lacking title experience is funny. He dontveven know his players.

True that but I guess their financial might would easily overcome such inflated asking price.

For eg, if Leicester wanted Martial and quoted €30m, they would have been priced out. If Man Utd wanted Mahrez and quoted £5m, which is 10x inflated of the price Leicester got him for, they still can afford.

Ya, on the players having title winning experience. As if Leicester have a bunch of winners in them.

Jurgen Klopp: One of the biggest targets for next season is to build up stability in defence. [Paul Joyce]

All good teams must be built on a sound defense.

A new keeper would be a good start

Hope tomorrow is declared as Claudio Ranieri Redemption Day.

Reactions to his Leicester appointment :

Former Leicester and England striker Gary Lineker:

"Claudio Ranieri? Really? He is clearly experienced but this is an uninspired choice by Leicester."

Former Leicester striker Tony Cottee:

“I’m astonished. I just didn’t see this one coming. It is a strange appointment. To appoint Ranieri now, bearing in mind where he has been the last 10 years, is a huge gamble.

Former West Ham, Spurs, Southampton, Portsmouth, and QPR manager Harry Redknapp:

"Ranieri is a nice guy, but he has done well to get the Leicester job. After what happened with Greece, I am surprised he can walk back into the Premier League.

:D

• Praise 3

Hope tomorrow is declared as Claudio Ranieri Redemption Day.

Reactions to his Leicester appointment :

Former Leicester and England striker Gary Lineker:

"Claudio Ranieri? Really? He is clearly experienced but this is an uninspired choice by Leicester."

Former Leicester striker Tony Cottee:

“I’m astonished. I just didn’t see this one coming. It is a strange appointment. To appoint Ranieri now, bearing in mind where he has been the last 10 years, is a huge gamble.

Former West Ham, Spurs, Southampton, Portsmouth, and QPR manager Harry Redknapp:

"Ranieri is a nice guy, but he has done well to get the Leicester job. After what happened with Greece, I am surprised he can walk back into the Premier League.

:D

Will be worse for Lineker. He will be hosting MOTD in his undies when Leicester clinch it. :D

Will be worse for Lineker. He will be hosting MOTD in his undies when Leicester clinch it. :D

Tiagong he's hoping the network bosses will save him by not allowing him to do it [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

haha!

Lineker has been playing up his Leicester roots for the last couple of months. How he's looking forward to his city lifting the title and all. Probably to dull the fact that he didn't believe they can pull it off.

But no one... absolutely no one... well except maybe Tom Honks... expected Leicester to last the distance. And fair play to them. They've done a fantastic job.

c'mon Leicester , skin those devils!!!!  :yuush:

yep! I'm hoping the Foxes can beat those Devils in their home ground...

also because as a sad sad sad Arsenal fan... I think we need all the help we can get to cement our perennial 4th place

3 min is all Welbeck needed to fire Arsenal into the lead after coming on.

Looks like top 4 secured for Arsenal if they can see this through.

A lot of support shown towards JT96 at various grounds today. Touching gestures.

• Praise 1

Sad to see wenger being treated like this from his own fans. Maybe he should retire and arsenal should build a statue for him to celebrate an great era he has given to the fans.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Hope to see a fairytale ending in sweet success in OT today :)

They deserved it, and to play out in a packed 55000 crowd... isn't this a good finale?

Hope Foxes can outclassed the devils !!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Anticipating the departure of Timo Horn (with strong interest from Liverpool), Cologne are looking at Lorient's goalkeeper Benjamin Lecomte

As a long time fan of MU, I lost count of how many embarrassments LVG had caused with his "facts" and quotes in pre and post match interviews..

Just hope that we, the fans, will be spared of these next seasons.

For this and romance factor, I'll be more than happy if Leicester can roll MU over tonight so that their fans can welcome the champions in the home game against Everton.

It was reported that Leicester earn about 130 mil pounds in TV money alone this season. The money could double if they do well next season  in UCL and BPL without having to win either of them. They froze ticket prices for next season, but expect many millions more in merchandises and sponsorships.

Hope they have a far sighted owner and manage to keep the current players with good and sensible investment in summer transfers to prepare for next season. Basically they don't need to be a selling club, unlike Atletico or BVB, who despite being (near ) top clubs in their leagues, have revenue less than that of Newcastles and Sunderland.  

↡ Advertisement