ALL Escalator/Elevator/Excavator related accidents!

Little_prince

Dog owners beware! A dog was found dead, hanging from its leash, after its owner entered a lift without realising that the dog was still outside.

STOMPer Victor, a lift rescue personnel, said the incident took place at around 6.30am this morning (Jan 15) at Bukit Batok.

In a phone conversation with STOMP, the STOMPer said:

"I'm part of a lift rescue team and witnessed this tragic accident this morning (Jan 15) at about 6.30am.

"A dog owner was heading back to her flat at Bukit Batok Block 621 after walking her dog.

"She, however, entered the lift first while holding on to her dog's leash.

"The lift doors were closing but the dog still outside the lift at that time.

"It all happened very fast, and she had no time to react.

"The lift then travelled up to level 3 of the block with the lady still holding on to the dog leash.

"A few minutes later, the civil defence team and the lift rescue personnel arrived but it was too late.

"The dog was found dead, hanging to its leash, at the lift lobby.

"The owner was distraught and was seen crying.

"I just want to warn dog owners out there to be more careful in situations like this."

dog-3.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

i am guessing the owner must be using handphone when entering the lift ... too engrossed to realise what was happening.

Poor thing [bigcry] [bigcry]

What can the owner do in such a situation?

Leash herself / himself at the throat outside a closed elevator door while the elevator rises. [furious]

poor dog.

Our lift button only got the alarm sound button. no emergency stop.

she should just have used her leg to jam the doors before closing totally.

wow...scarey sia.....dog soul might be howling every night inside the lift.

ask town council to change whole lift....LOL

Edited by Mcf777

i am guessing the owner must be using handphone when entering the lift ... too engrossed to realise what was happening.

That's what came into my mind.

PEOPLE are now SO ATTACHED to their SMARTPHONES!

MRT station, walk down stairs also want to watch movies, play games, SMS!! WTF!!

Cross road, jay walk also want to watch movies, play games, SMS!! WTF!!

Slip and fall, get yourself killed on the road . . . Hooray!! You deserve it. [lipsrsealed] Sorry!

• Praise 3

This kind of thing still must wait for CD to come? Break the leash by force or force open the door lah. Stupid people on the scene. No sense of urgency.

This kind of thing still must wait for CD to come? Break the leash by force or force open the door lah. Stupid people on the scene. No sense of urgency.

think a woman hard to force open the door or release the leash with such little time. The best thing was to jam the doors with your foot before it closes completely.

↡ Advertisement