ALL Escalator/Elevator/Excavator related accidents!

Little_prince

This is escalator in MRT station, right?

Bishan got circle line and NS line, got manned, got unmanned.

Hope this doesn't spill over to train, else jialat jialat... [sweatdrop]

i have not been on an mrt for dont know how long liao....

American lift firm Sigma banned from tendering new HDB projects over poor performance, installation delays

The restriction is part of HDB's procedure to stop poor performing contractors from tendering for new HDB projects, so as to allow them to focus their resources on fulfilling their ongoing contract obligations. Also, lifts installed by Sigma in the past two years had a higher than usual breakdown rate in the first year of operation.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/lift-firm-sigma-banned-from-tendering-new-hdb-projects-since-oct-over-poor

• Praise 1

Slow installation is a relatively small issue.

Ban the buggers who have falling lifts like EM Services la.

I do tender for projects including installation of lifts.

The problem usually is HDB wants the ridiculous lelong price from their tender which includes service maintenance. The winning company usually end up with razor thin profit.

HBD pay their senior management really well. If they know how to pay themselves well then at least pay companies they hire at a reasonable rate rather then keep squeezing them until things like these happen.

It is a cultural thing look at our MTR maintenance until some people must die or loose their legs.

We have become so profit driven that we forget we also have social responsibility especially if they are public companies or entities.

Companies need work to keep cash flow moving and keeping company alive and some tender to keep market share are the reasons why they tender for these projects.

So keep cost low they buy not fake but 3rd part spare parts which are of lower quality.

We seem never to solve problem at the root but instead patch work repair instead.

HBD knows the reasonable amount of money needed to ensure reliable and safe services for the residents. But they choose to follow their mantra, company die their business and anything happen push blame to them.

Recently a minister announce they wil inject $50million over 5 years to improve safety of lifts. Isnt it a joke? You mean all lifts are unsafe include those outside HDB like private condos. So these private estates dont pump money over the coming years to improve safety of their lifts are endangering their residents.

Edited by Still2016
  • Praise 8

so should I be worried when I enter the lift and I see ...

For what? They were banned because of slow new lift installations and not any accidents.

The one you should beware of is EM services. They got at least 2 cases:

1. Man died after skull fracture due to lift misalignment

2. Woman fractured spine because the lift flew up and down

This is the one that should be banned.

For what? They were banned because of slow new lift installations and not any accidents.

The one you should beware of is EM services. They got at least 2 cases:

1. Man died after skull fracture due to lift misalignment

2. Woman fractured spine because the lift flew up and down

This is the one that should be banned.

However, the lifts installed by Sigma in the past two years had a higher than usual breakdown rate in the first year of operation, the spokesman added.

[:p] 

However, the lifts installed by Sigma in the past two years had a higher than usual breakdown rate in the first year of operation, the spokesman added.

[:p] 

breakdown nia. Would you rather get stuck in the first or thrown around?

By the way, I read that the number one cause of people getting cut into half by lifts is when the lifts get stuck halfway and then people force open the doors and try to climb out. The lift in weight might cause the lift to drop a little and cut you into half  [shocked]

True or not I dunno haha.

• Praise 1

By the way, I read that the number one cause of people getting cut into half by lifts is when the lifts get stuck halfway and then people force open the doors and try to climb out. The lift in weight might cause the lift to drop a little and cut you into half  [shocked]

of late I do notice "under maintenance" lifts more often at shopping malls too.

anyways, if stuck in lift ... well, depends on who else is in the lift lor, if  [gorgeous] , I would not bemoan SCDF if they were a bit late.   [:)]

• Praise 1

Even lift in sg now also become unsafe which might cause injury or even death! Not just normal lift breakdown and got trap in the lift liao. 

My flat also kena the sigma sickness.

Those 20% people go vote for it,  80% don't get a chance to vote bcuz we already have lift landing.

Had 2 good lifts, after the 20% overhelmingly voted for it, we get 1 sigma sickness on each end of the block.

Less than 2 weeks, breakdown and then maintenance and maintenance., lots of problem.