ALL Escalator/Elevator/Excavator related accidents!

Little_prince

OMG! 

The woman appeared to trip over her dress while on the escalator, causing her to drop the baby

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/woman-trips-over-dress-on-escalator-drops-baby-to-death-in-uzbekistan-shopping-mall?xtor=EREC-16-2[sT_Newsletter_PM]-20170201-[Woman+trips+over+dress+on+escalator%2C+drops+baby+to+death+in+Uzbekistan+shopping+mall]&xts=538291

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Well expected it's Sickmah branded after reading the article.

i remember 1 bro say , they not given contract anymore.

that mean no more money to be make from HDB.

how much effort u think they will put in to fix the problem.

i remember 1 bro say , they not given contract anymore.

that mean no more money to be make from HDB.

how much effort u think they will put in to fix the problem.

没水就散水囉,换了“病妈“名字后才再来搞过新生意。 Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 1

Just wondering, with this " water feature " will there be any electrical shorting issue ?

Not sure if our lifts are design to withstand water following down.

If i am that guy . I dun think i will take that lift loh.

Suay suay stuck or drop how

• Praise 3

That guy is daring lo. For me i default dont dare to take any Sickmah brand lift even the lift seems working well?! Lol.

• Praise 2

If the waterfall lift problem occured in an opposition held ward, there will be a marathon 6 hour session in parliament on whether there is negligence, corrupt practices etc, levelled on the WP MPs....

• Praise 3

NGAPORE: There needs to be 1,000 more technicians in the next three years to help meet the demands to maintain and service lifts and escalators, said the Building Constructiom Authority (BCA), and a memorandum of agreement signed on Monday (Feb 13) aims to help alleviate the manpower shortage.

BCA said there are currently more than 2,000 technicians maintaining about 63,000 lifts and 6,000 escalators, but more are needed.

This was highlighted by Senior Minister of State for Home Affairs and National Development Desmond Lee on Monday, who said that as Singapore's built environment continues to transform, there will be more opportunities for skilled engineers and technicians. 

"As buildings become taller and more densely utilised, it is critical for us to ensure high standards in lift and escalator safety. Older lifts and escalators will need to be modernised with up-to-date safety features. So there will be an increasing need for skilled engineers and technicians," Mr Lee said at the Building Constructiom Authority (BCA) - Industry Built Environment ITE Scholarship award ceremony.

RISING PRESSURE TO DEVELOP MANPOWER 

On the same day, BCA and industry partners also signed a MOU to ensure that the sector continues to offer attractive and relevant jobs, with companies signing on committing to attract locals into the sector by supporting scholarship and sponsorship programmes. 

The need to develop manpower here has been growing. Mr Sugumaran N. Pillai, president of the Singapore Lift and Escalator Contractors and Manufacturers Association, said: "Majority of the existing people are getting old so we need replacement for these people. So it's two aspects: One is to get replacement for the existing people, the other is to bring in more people for the long term."

However, Mr Lim Teck Lee, deputy principal in academic at ITE College East, said the lack of prospects in the lift and escalator industry continues to turn away students from pursuing a career in it.

"For ITE, our graduates are currently averaging S$1,900 per month. The lift and Escalator industry, on average, our students' starting salary is about S$1,200 to S$1,500. This is an area that can be improved on," said Mr Lim.

Industry insiders had earlier gave their views on difficulties in attracting talent into the sector, citing a lack of interest in the job. 

Ms Mary Kok, head of Mitsubishi Elevator Singapore’s Human Resource and Admin Division, for one, had said that not many people are interested in this line of work, and it is also competing with other industries such as engineering, building services and transportation for local talent. 

This comes amid a tightening of regulations on lift maintenance, as announced by the BCA last June, after a string of lift-related incidents that happened that saw a 59-year-old woman injuring her spine and an elderly man who died from a fall when a lift stopped above the ground causing his wheelchair to topple. 

Pay 1.2k when other industries with similar competencies required are paying 1.9k then say people are not interested....

Same fellow was also quoted as saying this.

The challenge is basically a demand and supply problem,” said Ms Mary Kok, head of Mitsubishi Elevator Singapore’s Human Resource and Admin Division. “There are not many people who are interested in our kind of line, in the lift industry. And we're facing competition from the other sectors such as engineering, building services, transportation."

“Look at the age group we're hiring. They're the X and Y generation. They actually look for visibility, they look for comfort, they look for high salary, they look for glamour," she added.

• Praise 1

Starting salary is $1,200 to $1,500? Cant believe even in the year of 2017 where living standard has increased so much and yet such salary still exists? Then how come they didnt mentioned to hire foreigners to fill up this position, thought they always like to find foreigners to solve labour shortage problem? Anyway, the salary is even lower than those S-pass holder, how come they always offered such low salary to locals? And then say no local people are interested?

He stayed 37th floor.

He thought either way he will die.

Chose the more comfortable way.

And survive.

Starting salary is $1,200 to $1,500? Cant believe even in the year of 2017 where living standard has increased so much and yet such salary still exists? Then how come they didnt mentioned to hire foreigners to fill up this position, thought they always like to find foreigners to solve labour shortage problem? Anyway, the salary is even lower than those S-pass holder, how come they always offered such low salary to locals? And then say no local people are interested?

Hey CPF ensure they get an additional 17% employer's contribution.

Not good deal meh?

FW don't even have that.

Our remuneration Bestest in the World, in line with the most liveable cities of the world.

• Praise 3

He stayed 37th floor.

He thought either way he will die.

Chose the more comfortable way.

And survive.

Hey CPF ensure they get an additional 17% employer's contribution.

Not good deal meh?

FW don't even have that.

Our remuneration Bestest in the World, in line with the most liveable cities of the world.

After deducted cpf, how much is left?

As if the employer 17% can put food on the table.

I hope it's just a sarcastic remark.

After deducted cpf, how much is left?

As if the employer 17% can put food on the table.

I hope it's just a sarcastic remark.

Consperm is dee siao one lah :XD:
  • Praise 3

I know many people will be unhappy with my suggestion. I find that there are simply too many escalators in our buildings and public areas. They should restrict the numbers and enforce owner to provide more stairs.

For those that need escalators and elevators for some reasons, they can continue with that mode. Some shopping malls purposely built escalators that bring you to the top floor so that you spend time inside their building.

I usually use the stairs in Raffles Place MRT. Didn't we walk up 4-5 storey in the old days without lifts? I remember these were the case in Europe and Japan. 

↡ Advertisement