ALL Escalator/Elevator/Excavator related accidents!

Little_prince

Turbocharged

Some lifts the doors won't open even if you press the open button when the lift doors have been held open for too long. My block's lift does that. When you press the door open button to control the lift for too long, it will start buzzing and the doors will close even if you press the open button. Even the sensor also no use. Only way to stop it from closing is to use force to push the doors outwards again.

mine is like that but if u press the panels between the doors they will still open back.

↡ Advertisement

Some lifts the doors won't open even if you press the open button when the lift doors have been held open for too long. My block's lift does that. When you press the door open button to control the lift for too long, it will start buzzing and the doors will close even if you press the open button. Even the sensor also no use. Only way to stop it from closing is to use force to push the doors outwards again.

Same as my parent-in-law's place.

to hold the lift open, I will place one of my hands at the door.

Sensor will hold the lift door open until the hand is removed.

once my wife try to use fingers, I scold her for being dumb.

you think sensor can sense fingers?

and which is more painful? Arm or just a finger if being caught by the doors?

Twincharged

mine is like that but if u press the panels between the doors they will still open back.

Seems like mine is having problem cuz pressing that metal part in doesn't stop it at all. Since the lifts were upgraded, have all sorts of problems. Every month sure breakdown at least once.

Edited by Nzy

according to the lift technician it's happened a few times already.

Seems like lift is now the new execution chamber.

It happened before. Except the previous incident is intentional.

Not in HDB, but dog died the same way...

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2639093-husky-murdered-by-maid/

So, lift doors can grab a 'loose' object firmly, which is not safe.

Has the lifts(elevator) liscensing body of SG commented on this aspect?

If it happens the other way round then how? - a leash gets caught outside and the lift goes up, the owners hand gets entangled with the leash & the lift keeping on rising until the leash snaps - which I think will not happen until a great force. Hand will kena strangled?

Not the same incident. But this is exactly how it happened.

First time when the passbyer saw the situation should help to unleash the poor dog liao.

First time when the passbyer saw the situation should help to unleash the poor dog liao.

such a big dog....not scared kana bit when the dog is struggling?

Twincharged

The dog so big. I think the passerby also scared of it. I wouldn't dare to go near the dog as well if I saw this happening. Such a big dog and it is so agitated. Might end up getting bitten instead.

Tested my block's lift just now - put a foot betw the doors when it is closing. The door did not slam hard on my foot. The lift's door automatically opened again.

They was once - the lift door could not close as there were some small debris on the door tracks.

So for the dog case - is the lift faulty?

Stupid owner, golden retriever is big size dog, it is NoT allowed HDBee in the 1st place...HDBee sold go charge owner against the laws

Turbocharged

Tested my block's lift just now - put a foot betw the doors when it is closing. The door did not slam hard on my foot. The lift's door automatically opened again.

They was once - the lift door could not close as there were some small debris on the door tracks.

So for the dog case - is the lift faulty?

You try with a rope, a flat one like those used by the leash. You'll be surprised that the sensors could not pick it up.

You try with a rope, a flat one like those used by the leash. You'll be surprised that the sensors could not pick it up.

Ya you are right. I tried with the leash just now. The sensor couldn't pick up.

Turbocharged

Stupid owner, golden retriever is big size dog, it is NoT allowed HDBee in the 1st place...HDBee sold go charge owner against the laws

Don't be daft. this is not the right channel to discuss if certain breeds of dogs are allowed to be kept in HDB flats.

i would believe it was a moment of carelessness which led to this tragedy. that is why we should always keep the leash sufficiently tight and the dog close to us when we walk them. don't let your dogs roam around on a long leash. if they dash onto the road, there is no way you can pull them back in time.

Supercharged

Don't be daft. this is not the right channel to discuss if certain breeds of dogs are allowed to be kept in HDB flats.

Actually if you look at all other forums, many also asked this question..... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement