Clash of The Classics: Porsche/Ferrari Drive

Mockngbrd

A couple of weeks back, i was invited to join in a local classic Ferrari/Porsche morning drive event and of course when such an invite comes in, you say “YES!”. Here’s a brief look at what went down.
DSC03972.jpg
The little yellow 993 Cabriolet was the acting camera-car for the morning and i was happily camped behind the wheel with pilot duties.
DSC03948.jpg
DSC03952.jpg
Kudos to the organizers of this drive for assembling together what i think is the largest convoy of old-school Stuttgart and Maranello sportscars our little country has ever seen, i'm guessing that took some bits of gentle persuasion.
DSC03961.jpg
DSC03959.jpg
A trio of lovely white beauties. With a special shout out for that sexy Speedster. 1 of 2 remaining in Singapore.
DSC03973.jpg
Speedster 2 of 2 soon joined in the waiting area.
DSC04020.jpg
When i was a young kid, i used to think that Porsche 911s had a strange shape with a windscreen that just looked too upright, the Speedster changed that view totally with it's ridiculously short and raked windscreen, and i was enthralled. I remember buying a Tamiya 1/24 kit of one of these, it was a "Snap-Loc" model kit, for people like me with not much talent or luck for putting those things together.
DSC03965.jpg
DSC03979.jpg
DSC03984.jpg
DSC03987.jpg
DSC03981.jpg
Slowly, more and more Porsches and Ferraris started entering the carpark and it really was a sight to behold.
DSC03991.jpg
DSC03995.jpg
F355, one of my hero cars. Oh what a glorious noise these machines made when on the move.
DSC04001.jpg
DSC04013.jpg
They're all about that bass, bout that bass...
DSC04008.jpg
The first Ferrari i laid eyes upon as a kid. Been in love ever since, still can't afford one.
DSC04035.jpg
DSC04025.jpg
DSC04029.jpg
While the Ferraris are just sex on wheels with many causing Love-at-first-sight syndromes, i find that classic Porsches and 911s on the other hand, sort of grow on you more and more every year.

DSC04094.jpg
Another F-car we don't see very much nowadays, the 550/575 Maranello.
DSC04135.jpg
DSC04101.jpg
DSC04112.jpg
DSC04109.jpg
80s excess.
DSC04121.jpg
Look at them strakes.
DSC04118.jpg
Another 308. I want one so bad.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

DSC04132.jpg

Gated shifter. Love it.

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

DSC04154.jpg

Not a bad lineup right?

DSC04178.jpg

Classic couple.

DSC04186.jpg

Soon after, we hit the end of our drive and the final rest stop.

DSC04195.jpg

DSC04192.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

Some last parting shots. Please excuse me for not going crazy snapping away as i usually would. There were really just so many to take in at one time and driving around roof down with the tropical sun giving us a nice tan does get rather tiring.

DSC04204.jpg

DSC04305.jpg

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04214.jpg

For those interested, here's a little video of the drive.

Till next year! (Hopefully)

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

I first knew what a Ferrari is when watching Tom Selleck driving one in the TV series Magnum PI .

Edited by F355

OMFG I just spooged my pants.

edit: Good thing I don't have the connections to attend this sort of stuff, it would embarrassing to be seen falling on my knees and weeping with joy at the sight of all these beauties.

Edited by Myxilplix

OMFG I just spooged my pants.

edit: Good thing I don't have the connections to attend this sort of stuff, it would embarrassing to be seen falling on my knees and weeping with joy at the sight of all these beauties.

I'd be right beside you. =P Lovely cars, evokes different types of feelings. Didn't know Singapore still had so many classics lying around.. Hope they stay around for a long time.

A little late to this thread, but thanks to TS for the great share...

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Did anyone paste their IRAS assessment on their windscreen ala MCF HL style?......LOL.

• Praise 1