Ssanyong Tivoli

Clement

Wow! The FC is quite good for a SUV i.e. 12km/L - 13 km/L. :a-good:

I am impressed!

Why is this model call SUV? It doesn't have 4WD or AWD to be call SUV.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

No i did not. Was advised to go on my 10k. I did asked if it was necessary to go on my 1k initially.

Bro, your one bar can reach 164km???

I just got the same car but my first one bar only about 50km.. How do you do it?

Bro, your one bar can reach 164km???

I just got the same car but my first one bar only about 50km.. How do you do it?

Lol maybe you drive more in the city than highway?? Whats your mileage? My first 3k i get about 480-520km.. now im getting around 580-630km..

Neutral Newbie

Lol maybe you drive more in the city than highway?? Whats your mileage? My first 3k i get about 480-520km.. now im getting around 580-630km..

My first tank is about 350km.

Neutral Newbie

Very strange. Probably u drive more in the city i guess

Bro, I don't want to jam up this chat group of our personal discussion. Do you think we should chat on our own on this Tivoli issue?

Bro, I don't want to jam up this chat group of our personal discussion. Do you think we should chat on our own on this Tivoli issue?

Sure no prob. Just PM me

Why is this model call SUV? It doesn't have 4WD or AWD to be call SUV.

Not all SUVs have 4WD or AWD, it is just a generic name for so called "crossover" vehicles.

Subaru is the only one that makes all SUVs with AWD.

There are lots of SUVs with 2WD only: Honda HR-V / Vezel, Mitsubishi ASX, Mazda CX-3, Mazda CX-5, Nissan Qashqai etc.

The attractive point about Tivoli is that it is a compact SUV that is not so large.

Some drivers prefer a smaller SUV.

My first tank is about 350km.

Think you drive more in the city than the highway (like me).

So your FC is about 7 km/L?

That is quite high for a 1.6 L engine. 

U should be able to get better FC if u drive more on the highway.

I am driving a Mitsubishi ASX and get about 9km/L with 90% City / 10% Highway.

It is 2L engine so FC will be higher than Tivoli.

Had wanted to get a Tivoli but don't have a model with 2L engine, so I got an ASX.

But I still like the design of the Tivoli, maybe get one as a 2nd car! Heh heh!

Think we should just enjoy the ride and not get too worried about FC.

Many SUVs are not known for getting good FC due to larger engines and heavier body weight.

Don't mind the brand and technology but dislike the local dealer.

Went down to see a used diesel actyon and paid a 1k deposit. Had difficulty getting a loan I've been working overseas since 2006. They AD came back with inhouse loan option and stated conditions which at the end of the day included all sorts of "fees" etc etc and made the instalment a lot higher.

Knowing that I was being taken for a ride, decided to forfeit my deposit even though it was due to me being unable to get a loan.

To add insult to an injury, Motorway said they will sue me for the loss as they couldn't sell the vehicle. (It was only 3 days since I decided to buy the vehicle). At the end, I bought a Mercedes B class from C&C through MBFS instead.

Such a dishonest company, I'd rather forego the brand. 

hows your merc agent ? can intro ?

looking at Merc Citan 7 seater van

Sorry for the late reply. My SA was Juliana Yap.

Did you sign any S&P agreement ? 

In what way were they dishonest ? 

So your Merc pay cash ? 

I Signed a one pager and placed the 1k deposit. They forfeited the 1k after I decided not to go for their in-house loans that would have balloned the monthly instalment by up to 20% per month with extra charges. I wasn't going to be a carrot for them to chop.

MBFS granted me the loan for me to purchase the B180.

• Praise 1

Errr.... did they sue you in the end? I thought it is part of the agreement to forfeit the deposit if you want to terminate the purchase agreement? What is the basis of their suit?

Errr.... did they sue you in the end? I thought it is part of the agreement to forfeit the deposit if you want to terminate the purchase agreement? What is the basis of their suit?

No, they managed to sell the car a few days later. But I got really pissed and told them to go ahead and sue, I'll see them in court. The reason that the agreement has to be terminated is due to not being able to secure or obtain a loan. In this case, ok I was willing to let go the 1k as i didn't want their onerous conditions for the in-house loan. But the threat of law suit was uncalled for and was "loanshark" like if you know what I mean.

You can state that "I think there may be a problem if we can't sell the vehicle because we have held it for the last few weeks and we have to look towards you for that loss" Instead of "because we can't sell the car these few days, we'll sue you for the loss"! Notice the diff.? The former, my reaction will be, "oh dear, so what can I do to mitigate this loss". The latter, one's natural response would be to tell them to FO! 

Edited by vbchia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3