Ssanyong Tivoli

Clement

Neutral Newbie

hi .. yours is the XLV version ? manual or auto ? ..hows the ride ? 

am interested in getting a xlv version ..thanks

I got the Tivoli Compact Diesel 1.5M. 

yet to collect the car, cos just signed during the car expo last weekend. 

Went to test drive the car, not bad. Very punchy, powerful at low rpms. turning radius was very good. 

↡ Advertisement

ya ..went to check out during the car show , the main complain is the design of the interior door ... its designed too high up .. hence resting the elbow can be a challenge

I got the Tivoli Compact Diesel 1.5M. 

yet to collect the car, cos just signed during the car expo last weekend. 

Went to test drive the car, not bad. Very punchy, powerful at low rpms. turning radius was very good. 

Neutral Newbie

ya ..went to check out during the car show , the main complain is the design of the interior door ... its designed too high up .. hence resting the elbow can be a challenge

Aha, yeah some people find that it is a problem to be that high. For me it is ok because I don't usually have the habit of resting my elbow at the window... in the end still have to clean the window because of the elbow mark.

I usually rest my arm on the side of the door. not so high up. High good, got more privacy. scratch thigh nobody can see. hahaha

Aha, yeah some people find that it is a problem to be that high. For me it is ok because I don't usually have the habit of resting my elbow at the window... in the end still have to clean the window because of the elbow mark.

I usually rest my arm on the side of the door. not so high up. High good, got more privacy. scratch thigh nobody can see. hahaha

Hi Bro,

Can share on the pricing (neg from list ?)

What freebies does it come along/you secure

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

Can share on the pricing (neg from list ?)

What freebies does it come along/you secure

i got my ride at 109,888.

got solar film for free.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I saw the ssangyong stavic at the recent car expo. And i am pretty impressed by its exterior look (Yes looks can be subjective). Its an mpv but looks like an suv which will have a presence on the road. Thats what I am looking for. And I am so reluctant to get a alphard/vellfire cos it really makes me look like an uncle and of course the price will go past the $200k mark. I am currently driving an 8.5 year old Toyota fortuner btw. Prado could be a replacement ption but it can't beat the 9 seater stavic

I would like to know whether anyone has owned a ssangyong car before? Any review? Can it last 10 years? Cos I reckon getting a ssangyong will have big depreciation impact once it leaves the showroom. What about servicing and parts? Is motorway reliable?

Really appreciate your comments cos I am seriously thinking of getting this car. Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I saw the ssangyong stavic at the recent car expo. And i am pretty impressed by its exterior look (Yes looks can be subjective). Its an mpv but looks like an suv which will have a presence on the road. Thats what I am looking for. And I am so reluctant to get a alphard/vellfire cos it really makes me look like an uncle and of course the price will go past the $200k mark. I am currently driving an 8.5 year old Toyota fortuner btw. Prado could be a replacement ption but it can't beat the 9 seater stavic

I would like to know whether anyone has owned a ssangyong car before? Any review? Can it last 10 years? Cos I reckon getting a ssangyong will have big depreciation impact once it leaves the showroom. What about servicing and parts? Is motorway reliable?

Really appreciate your comments cos I am seriously thinking of getting this car. Thanks!

This is general comment. If you like a car, just go for it.

All cars are made to last you more than 10 years. You just have to take care of them.

Any cars that you purchase will drop it's value by a large amount. It is across the board. Not brand specific.

Servicing can be done anywhere. Parts just get from motorway.

What's more impt? A car u don't enjoy but it is easy to maintain, or just a car u love? It's a 10 year relationship you are looking for. Go for the feel.

Neutral Newbie

This is general comment. If you like a car, just go for it.

All cars are made to last you more than 10 years. You just have to take care of them.

Any cars that you purchase will drop it's value by a large amount. It is across the board. Not brand specific.

Servicing can be done anywhere. Parts just get from motorway.

What's more impt? A car u don't enjoy but it is easy to maintain, or just a car u love? It's a 10 year relationship you are looking for. Go for the feel.

Hi mason, agree with your comments. I couldn't fathom myself shelling out so much money to get a car I don't really like.

I think my issue with Ssangyong is that it is a lesser known brand (apart in Korea), and I understand the fact that resale value is extremely bad, hence getting a brand new ssangyong the financial risk would be high. Therefore, i am wondering ssangyong owners do they have issues in their car? To hold on to a car for ten years is very long.

i got my ride at 109,888.

got solar film for free.

Thank you Mason.

Call up SE - the pricing is very rigid, no neg.

Do update us on your new drive once available - thank you.

pity ...shouldn't they try harder to attract more buyer ...

Thank you Mason.

Call up SE - the pricing is very rigid, no neg.

Do update us on your new drive once available - thank you.

They are more interested in their leasing scheme than selling the car thus the high selling prices.

Neutral Newbie

They are more interested in their leasing scheme than selling the car thus the high selling prices.

Wow. That's a good inference. Whats the omv then?

Neutral Newbie

Yah they are very focused on the leasing scheme. If you want to talk about those normal ones, the Se will take some time to readjust their mind

If you know ur products are good, why lower the prices? if you aware in Korea, they awarded "Best Car Of the Year 2016" and "Best Family Car 2016" !!!

Have you seen SsangYong produce any saloon cars? thus, they are strong in SUV. 

Feel Free to contract me if you have any queries

Motorway SsangYong

Eddie

Yes .. they can be voted the best anywhere and their cars are sold off the shelves like other popular brands ... the thing is .. we are referring to Singapore market  and not elsewhere. 

No doubt you have a good product here .. probably a winning formula  , but in this Singapore market , you probably are not a popular brand , and base on Singaporean mindset  , not popular means better not touch unless my pocket is loaded to try .

Why would i want to buy Ssangyoung  when Kia and Hyundai have better specs and cheaper price , Don't get me started on Chevrolet.

Hence still should try even harder to capture buyer's hearts and mind.

Disclaimer :  I am speaking on my own point of view , no defamatory intended. 

If look at how much it is priced in UK. It's consider high in Singapore if u compare with pricing of other make. This is one factor I find not very consistent. In UK, they are trying to penetrate the market so they price it more affordable. I thought it will be the same in Singapore but no

Yes .. they can be voted the best anywhere and their cars are sold off the shelves like other popular brands ... the thing is .. we are referring to Singapore market  and not elsewhere. 

No doubt you have a good product here .. probably a winning formula  , but in this Singapore market , you probably are not a popular brand , and base on Singaporean mindset  , not popular means better not touch unless my pocket is loaded to try .

Why would i want to buy Ssangyoung  when Kia and Hyundai have better specs and cheaper price , Don't get me started on Chevrolet.

Hence still should try even harder to capture buyer's hearts and mind.

Disclaimer :  I am speaking on my own point of view , no defamatory intended. 

Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are 2L car, how to compare, whereby SsangYong Tivoli is 1.6L? Not to forget they come with 18"Rim thus fuel consumption slightly higher.

Before SsangYong went bankruptcy, SsangYong started a technology partnership with Daimler-Benz The deal was for SsangYong to develop an SUV with Mercedes-Benz technology. This resulted in the Musso and other models

Mahindra & Mahindra Limited acquired SsangYong in 2011. In order for them to regroup, rebrand, they spent millions in research and development (R&D), design, e-XGI 160 (petrol) and e-XDI 160 (turbocharged diesel), new engines developed over a period of 3 yrs, along with Aisin's transmission thus resulted in Tivoli compact 2015 and Tivoli XLV 2016, therefore the prices on high side. Give them a few yrs more, they'll catch up. 

Currently, we got 0% DownPayment Scheme for Uber/Grab !!!  :a-good:  :a-good:  :a-good:

Security Deposit (refundable) 

Monthly $1.4++

Brand NEW SUV (Petrol or Diesel)

5 Yrs Warrently (*Engine & Transmission Covered) 

5 Yrs FREE Servicing 

NCD is transferrable

Unlimited Mileage Cap

Feel Free to contact me or email if you got any enquiries  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

Motorway SsangYong

Eddie

Edited by seethestars
↡ Advertisement