Replacing GPS software on DVD WINCE 6.0

Tyrrou

Just PM-ed you the solution. It works on my device, hope it works on yours too.

Good luck.

:)

I'm in Vietnam. I'm facing the same problem..thanks! Pls pm the solution (email: [email protected]

Edited by NamNguyenHoai
↡ Advertisement

I got mine working just fine! I have a chinese brand with CE 6.0 windows. You have to use Igo8 primo! I downloaded an older version from 2009 which worked just perfectly, then downloaded newer once that had in the mapfolder .fbl extensions! ( you may have to download several once to get the right one, the important thing is that it has to have in the content\map folder the extension: .fbl )When downloaded all the .fbl map files I just copied them on to the map folder of the sd card and the older ones I removed. I did the same with voices which I upgraded and the speedcams, all works fine. I have now 2017 Igo8 primo. For those living in Europe it can be bought online for about 30-35 euro's. When done,copying from the computer you put it in the sd slot of navi, you chose navigation, then you need to affirm where the navigationpath is, it must be in your root, like c:\Igo8.exe chose it, and confirm with ok. you may have to reset your navigation system, I had to do it, but when restarting I had to find the gps baud rate, I set that on automatic search, is a bit of hastle but when you are a bit comfortable with pc and windows stuff you can get it working.You thus need the Igo8 primo version, other version seem not to work, Also add a 8 gb sd card, mine was 2 gb was fast and at least 10x speed, mine is less I almost have 8 gb on the card!, 16gb is not supported on mine from 2012 just 8 gb!Maybe newer ones can use larger sd cards, mine doesn't support it

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Since im getting quite a fair bit of PMs, i will post the steps here.... 

Anyway, this forum is all about sharing information...  [grin]

1. D/L the content from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3rgex5hcn8jaiz/M3PGS_PPGX8.5_800x480.zip?dl=0&preview=M3PGS_PPGX8.5_800x480.zip

2. Unzip the content and put it in ur DVD SD card

3. Power on your device, go to ur GPS settings, change the path for the executable file for the navigation software.

(If i rem correctly, it should be Navi.exe)

4. Hit the "GPS" button on ur DVD player to start. 

With credits to:

mousemmx

Enjoy.... 

i have 4.3" gps sir i can do small size sir plz help me 

Edited by urwithme

Please help me. 

I can't start new topic because I am new on this forum, but I have important question

I have Golf 5 1.9 TDi 2007 year. And I want to buy this HIZPO navi https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Navigation-Car-DVD-GPS-Stereo-Player-for-VW-GOLF-JETTA-POLO-PASSAT-TIGUAN/192561415440?fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item2cd58e0510:g:GO8AAOSwLs9bDgOJ

Have anyone some experience with this? Will it works well on my car? Is it worth money?

Edited by BojanJankovic
  • Dislike 1

Please help me. 

I can't start new topic because I am new on this forum, but I have important question

I have Golf 5 1.9 TDi 2007 year. And I want to buy this HIZPO navi https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Navigation-Car-DVD-GPS-Stereo-Player-for-VW-GOLF-JETTA-POLO-PASSAT-TIGUAN/192561415440?fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item2cd58e0510:g:GO8AAOSwLs9bDgOJ

Have anyone some experience with this? Will it works well on my car? Is it worth money?

Yes it will work,but you're better off buying an android Din2 Navigation and player why? easier to use, it will work with CE but it requiers alot of working around to get the navigation working.  I had one and it worked fine, but I have the knowledge now I have an android, 32 gb with music and navigation sd card in the slot and works like a charm. Try aliexpress they are a bit cheaper as ebay. I was unsure at first but works great.I have a reversecam installed as well, took me almost a day to get the cables tightened and tugged in as I am a perfectionist

after the firmware update the car head unit does not work power went off any thing i can do 

I am afraid not much you can do there,I am afraid the flashing went wrong and did you copy the old firmware before you flashed the old one? Maybe if someone has the old firmware of your device or ask the seller ifthey can provide you with firmware. Does it have a resetbutton?Did you check if the fuse of your device didn't blow,all connections are fine? Like I said, flashing these things makes things worse often,if it works don't fix it! Why did you do a firmware update?

Neutral Newbie

Hi I’m hoping someone can help me.    I have a cheap unbranded Chinese gps stereo and the maps has stopped working.   Somehow it has lost all files from the card .   Ha anyone got ANY uk software I can use on wince 5.0 or can anyone point me in the right direction

I think they don't care.

:grin:

However, my unit is using GPS from Careland, not iGO navigation.

Ive tried contacting Careland without any reply.

I say, just forget it. Use the handphone as a GPS guide. These GPS apps like Google Maps, Maps.me, Here, Waze, etc. They are way more up to date.

I also gave up on my standalone Garmins.

↡ Advertisement