Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
237 replies to this topic | 1,047 praises

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

Bkling
  • Bkling
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear Forumers

Too many analysis on the COE trend with all kind of theory, assumptions and predictions. I would think the best is still for Forumers who patronized the car showroom to share and upload 1st hand information probably with photos, crowd condition, sale condition etc of each AD in systematic way. With the real field situation, it will be more useful for everyone to know how likely hood the demand of COE in coming months.

Any suggestions?
flashbang, Blueray, antelop, Icy2fire, Lotr and Baal praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Pioneer
  • Premium member
    Pioneer
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

At the end of the day, commit and sign on the dotted line if the car price is within your budget.

Analyse this analyse that. Check this check that. 

Price rises, you feel heartache. Price drops, you scare commit now price will drop lower.

All the time and anxiety is detrimental to your health. Is it really worth it or not?  [laugh]

Bicolor, Atonchia, Micb, gasman and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Predict Coe movement base on showroom crowd ??

Edited by Ingenius, 15 August 2015 - 04:28 PM.

F355 praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Like also can ah?

Ok, tell me what do you see based on the figures...

https://www.lta.gov....egn_by_make.pdf

F355 praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

DomiNome
  • Premium member
    DomiNome
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Like also can ah?

Ok, tell me what do you see based on the figures...

https://www.lta.gov....egn_by_make.pdf

Wah, up up all the way

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Next week I go see then I tell you, OK?  <_<

2BDriver praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

Forte3737

At the end of the day, commit and sign on the dotted line if the car price is within your budget.

Price rises, you feel heartache. Price drops, you scare commit now price will drop lower.

All the time and anxiety is detrimental to your health. Is it really worth it or not?  [laugh]

Usually it's those that cannot afford that will analyse until like that leh
Ivan_06 praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Please don't count me in, I would be a faulty data point as I have been visiting showrooms and test driving cars with no intentions of selling my car before its COE is up in 2 years' time. 

flashbang, F355, Thaiyotakamli and 1 Anonymous member praised this

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Please don't count me in, I would be a faulty data point as I have been visiting showrooms and test driving cars with no intentions of selling my car before its COE is up in 2 years' time. 

you are car sales executive worse nightmare. ...servicing you will cause them a Q slot to serve a more potential customer.

Edited by LoverofCar, 15 August 2015 - 06:15 PM.

lausai88 and Thaiyotakamli praised this

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Anyone who can infer the coe price base on showroom situation must be a genius.

Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

Ivan_06
  • Ivan_06
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yah lah, dun be another Limxx

If can afford and price is okay for you, just buy. Like for example, your wife just gave birth. Are you going to wait for 1 - 2 years later just to save some money in buying a car. Furthermore, coe drops but dun forget inflation sets in..

Then during this 1 - 2 years, are you going to squeeze on public transport in the meanwhile? Even taking cab can be a horrible experience due to the queues everywhere.

You are going to lose out much more.

Usually it's those that cannot afford that will analyse until like that leh

Limpeh supports your thinking.. Clap clap . I can only afford cheap car so I bought Korean car. Keke but hey I am proud of it cos it's my hard earned money.

Edited by Ivan_06, 15 August 2015 - 07:16 PM.

Pocus praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

Nissan833
  • Nissan833
    5th Gear
    Author Image

You are wasting a lot of people's time. I know your time is cheap but that doesn't mean other people's time is.

Do them a favour, avoid the showrooms for now. 2 years still some time, you test drive now and do comparison also no point, by then have more new car launches.

lausai88, Sunny, Bacteria83, 7hm, LoverofCar and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:25 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nothing wrong with visiting the showrooms even with no intention to change car

Because one might b finally enticed to change when the right offer comes along

I know because I changed when I visited the showroom to pass time. My car had 1 year left and road tax and insurance already renewed

😂
Benarsenal, Thaiyotakamli, Pocus, Mrmilktooth, Baal and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Girlgirlzz
  • Girlgirlzz
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I am waiting for coe to drop to like 10k then can afford to buy.. :( but dunno have to wait until when? Just curious if the coe ownself bid why it's still so high? I thought if ownself bid, and not dealers bid, then why will people bid so high?

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

tyco_kia
  • Premium member
    tyco_kia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The best solution is to make friends with the GMs or Directors of Sales of all the large ADs like BM, TC, EK, C&C, PML, KM, VW etc then ask them how many orders they have taken so far then you will roughly know whether COE will rise or fall.  [:p]

Lotr praised this

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

Pioneer
  • Premium member
    Pioneer
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The price should be higher if you bid it yourself.

The dealers have access to more information and can plan in short term. Owners tend to be driven by emotions while dealers by information.

I am waiting for coe to drop to like 10k then can afford to buy.. :( but dunno have to wait until when? Just curious if the coe ownself bid why it's still so high? I thought if ownself bid, and not dealers bid, then why will people bid so high?

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:54 PM

Ivan_06
  • Ivan_06
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For coe to hit 10k again, this time wait until the sun rises from the west then can buy le.

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If can afford and price is okay for you, just buy. Like for example, your wife just gave birth. Are you going to wait for 1 - 2 years later just to save some money in buying a car. Furthermore, coe drops but dun forget inflation sets in..

Then during this 1 - 2 years, are you going to squeeze on public transport in the meanwhile? Even taking cab can be a horrible experience due to the queues everywhere.

You are going to lose out much more.

Why you equate having baby and buying car like mutually inclusive?

No car cannot have baby?
RH1667 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

Ivan_06
  • Ivan_06
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why you equate having baby and buying car like mutually inclusive?

No car cannot have baby?

It's an example, see my wording. chill.

Anyway, I see many friends buying cars because of their family needs. It's really alot easier having own transport than our super reliable and spacious public transport.

Likewise previously I was contemplating of giving up driving as my old ride was expiring but I still gave in to buy a new ride because of family needs.i have a young family.

Edited by Ivan_06, 16 August 2015 - 12:00 AM.

Baal praised this

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:31 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

This week got quite a lot of visitors to most of the showrooms it seemed.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, ad showroom, theory, thread and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users