Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

Dear Forumers

Too many analysis on the COE trend with all kind of theory, assumptions and predictions. I would think the best is still for Forumers who patronized the car showroom to share and upload 1st hand information probably with photos, crowd condition, sale condition etc of each AD in systematic way. With the real field situation, it will be more useful for everyone to know how likely hood the demand of COE in coming months.

Any suggestions?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

At the end of the day, commit and sign on the dotted line if the car price is within your budget.

Analyse this analyse that. Check this check that.

Price rises, you feel heartache. Price drops, you scare commit now price will drop lower.

All the time and anxiety is detrimental to your health. Is it really worth it or not? [laugh]

• Praise 5

At the end of the day, commit and sign on the dotted line if the car price is within your budget.

Price rises, you feel heartache. Price drops, you scare commit now price will drop lower.

All the time and anxiety is detrimental to your health. Is it really worth it or not? [laugh]

Usually it's those that cannot afford that will analyse until like that leh
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Please don't count me in, I would be a faulty data point as I have been visiting showrooms and test driving cars with no intentions of selling my car before its COE is up in 2 years' time.

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Please don't count me in, I would be a faulty data point as I have been visiting showrooms and test driving cars with no intentions of selling my car before its COE is up in 2 years' time.

you are car sales executive worse nightmare. ...servicing you will cause them a Q slot to serve a more potential customer.

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

Yah lah, dun be another Limxx

If can afford and price is okay for you, just buy. Like for example, your wife just gave birth. Are you going to wait for 1 - 2 years later just to save some money in buying a car. Furthermore, coe drops but dun forget inflation sets in..

Then during this 1 - 2 years, are you going to squeeze on public transport in the meanwhile? Even taking cab can be a horrible experience due to the queues everywhere.

You are going to lose out much more.

Usually it's those that cannot afford that will analyse until like that leh

Limpeh supports your thinking.. Clap clap . I can only afford cheap car so I bought Korean car. Keke but hey I am proud of it cos it's my hard earned money. Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

You are wasting a lot of people's time. I know your time is cheap but that doesn't mean other people's time is.

Do them a favour, avoid the showrooms for now. 2 years still some time, you test drive now and do comparison also no point, by then have more new car launches.

• Praise 7
  • Dislike 1

Nothing wrong with visiting the showrooms even with no intention to change car

Because one might b finally enticed to change when the right offer comes along

I know because I changed when I visited the showroom to pass time. My car had 1 year left and road tax and insurance already renewed

😂

• Praise 6

I am waiting for coe to drop to like 10k then can afford to buy.. :( but dunno have to wait until when? Just curious if the coe ownself bid why it's still so high? I thought if ownself bid, and not dealers bid, then why will people bid so high?

The best solution is to make friends with the GMs or Directors of Sales of all the large ADs like BM, TC, EK, C&C, PML, KM, VW etc then ask them how many orders they have taken so far then you will roughly know whether COE will rise or fall. [:p]

• Praise 1

The price should be higher if you bid it yourself.

The dealers have access to more information and can plan in short term. Owners tend to be driven by emotions while dealers by information.

I am waiting for coe to drop to like 10k then can afford to buy.. :( but dunno have to wait until when? Just curious if the coe ownself bid why it's still so high? I thought if ownself bid, and not dealers bid, then why will people bid so high?

For coe to hit 10k again, this time wait until the sun rises from the west then can buy le.

If can afford and price is okay for you, just buy. Like for example, your wife just gave birth. Are you going to wait for 1 - 2 years later just to save some money in buying a car. Furthermore, coe drops but dun forget inflation sets in..

Then during this 1 - 2 years, are you going to squeeze on public transport in the meanwhile? Even taking cab can be a horrible experience due to the queues everywhere.

You are going to lose out much more.

Why you equate having baby and buying car like mutually inclusive?

No car cannot have baby?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1