Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

Just went to leng kee. Whole place quite sial!! There are more SE than ppl looking at cars. How come?

Will you go to the Leng Kee showrooms on the second day of Chinese New Year?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just went to leng kee. Whole place quite sial!! There are more SE than ppl looking at cars. How come?

COE up, but mazda, altis dropped price, so everybody wait  [:p]

those who went to showroom this weekend - any updates?

more people will rush in to commit before the new VES. As there is limited bumber of COE per bid, major ADs have raise their price, some more than once, so crowd or no crowd, COE will be above 50k.
  • Praise 1

I wonder if it is legal to post here showroom snapshots by people who went down over the weekends?

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words....

One look we can see for ourselves as f they are need crowded...lol

As to whether it should work as a predictor of the next COE bddng results, it is caveat emptor.

I wonder if it is legal to post here showroom snapshots by people who went down over the weekends?

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words....

One look we can see for ourselves as f they are need crowded...lol

As to whether it should work as a predictor of the next COE bddng results, it is caveat emptor.

Just pretend u taking picture of cars lor. I recalled such pictures in dunno wc thread..

Did you go the the right places??

Check out the straits times field report here: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/car-showrooms-abuzz-over-weekend?google_editors_picks=true

ST_20160111_AMCARS11A_1977772.jpg?itok=m

Ps bro, borrow ur post for @vratenza

I should buy toto tmr since accidentally found this post on 1st try..

Got my COE recently, according to MCF unwritten rule, I just became a SE.......so will not be going down to showrooms anytime soon.Lol

Just thought it will be an interesting project with less subjective interpretation by the person reporting in.

Just pretend u taking picture of cars lor. I recalled such pictures in dunno wc thread..

• Praise 2

Got my COE recently, according to MCF unwritten rule, I just became a SE.......so will not be going down to showrooms anytime soon.Lol

Just thought it will be an interesting project with less subjective interpretation by the person reporting in.

good for u then. but SE must strike iron while hot in anticipation of sustained pool of potential customers since VES will kick in next year..

Supercharged

So, SE = Secured Entitlement?

:D

• Praise 1

i think it depend which show room you visit. some quite quiet but they may have lower quota to meet. crowd does not equate to deals. test drives have beeter chances.

Supercharged

The crowd could be at the roadshow in shopping mall, as there are a couple (from what i know) running over the weekend.

Audi - Vivo City

Volvo - IMM

• Praise 1

i think it depend which show room you visit. some quite quiet but they may have lower quota to meet. crowd does not equate to deals. test drives have beeter chances.

I agree.

Those confirmed buyers would rather avoid crowds.

LEss hassle to test drive and do paperwork.

Just like myself. Lol

• Praise 1

Just heard from my SE at Peugeot that their showroom was very crowded yesterday.

All the best to everyone who is considering a booking this weekend.

• Praise 4

Just heard from my SE at Peugeot that their showroom was very crowded yesterday.

All the best to everyone who is considering a booking this weekend.

If Peugeot showroom is crowded, I'm sure it would be even worse at the Japs n Korean ADs so its going to be COE up for sure. Anyway i wish those booking success in their COE bidding.

• Praise 6

Showrooms packed and ADs getting more than the usual traffic, COE Huat!!

Report from today's ST:

Car buyers flocked to showrooms over the weekend - drawn by record-low certificate of entitlement (COE) prices announced at the last round of bidding.

Car dealers told The Straits Times yesterday that foot traffic in their showrooms had increased anywhere from 30 per cent to more than 100 per cent.

Toyota agent Borneo Motors, which saw a jump of about 50 per cent in foot traffic, said activity began picking up since last Thursday, a day after the latest tender.

Its marketing director Samuel Yong said most buyers were keen on Category A cars like the Toyota Corolla Altis, the category with the steepest drop in COE price. He said: "As long as COE prices remain at this level interest will be high."

In the three showrooms visited by The Straits Times, there was a steady stream of people, with smaller cars drawing the most interest.

Last Wednesday, the COE price for cars up to 1,600cc and 130bhp finished at $36,001 - its lowest since November 2010.

Industry players attributed the 16.1 per cent price plunge to factors like private-hire firms Grab and Uber stopping their fleet expansion, and the new Euro 6 emission standard that came into effect this month. This means car dealers have no more saleable backlog of cars that do not meet this standard.

Kah Motor sales manager Gary Quek said there was about 30 per cent to 40 per cent more visitors to Kah Motor's Honda showroom this weekend compared with the previous week. He said: "People are feeling that the COE prices will increase in the next round, so many are putting their money down before prices go up."

Over at Nissan agent Tan Chong Motor, sales consultant Christopher Kuan said the situation was "crazy", with the number of customers sales staff had to attend to more than doubling since the last COE tender.

Indeed, many of those at the showrooms yesterday said they were prompted to go car shopping by the news of the lower COE prices.

Business development executive Koh Seng Chye, 57, who was looking at the Nissan Qashqai, said he was at the showroom because one of the sales staff told him there was a good deal on cars. And he added that while there were many factors he had to consider before selling his current Volkswagen Jetta, the low COE price was definitely an incentive to get a new vehicle.

Another customer, Mr Mohamed Ali, said he had been considering a new car for some time but decided to buy only after the prices dropped. "We've been waiting for the COE prices to drop a bit, so now seems like the perfect time to come and buy a car," said the 51-year-old software consultant, who was at Honda distributor Kah Motor yesterday with his family.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 9