Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

was at Hyundai and Volvo on Sunday, was very packed. Looking for a car with my friend as I recently bought mine. Hopefully COE doesnt jump.

how not to jump when so many ppl coming in?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Next round coe confirmed will go back to $40k range lo. Unless the crowded showroom for the last weekend, people only see look and not many people booked.

is there a chance that with the large crowd but COE still remain at current levels as agressive bidders like UBER are cutting down?

is there a chance that with the large crowd but COE still remain at current levels as agressive bidders like UBER are cutting down?

CAT B may flattish ...   but CAT A sure shoot...  

mazda showroom one side packed.. the other side empty.. lol 

Nobody can guaranteed what will happen in next round coe?! Lol. Although many people will predict the Cat A coe will go up.

CAT B may flattish ...   but CAT A sure shoot...  

mazda showroom one side packed.. the other side empty.. lol 

what are the available Cat B Mazda cars now?

what are the available Cat B Mazda cars now?

Mazda 6! Nice car.

I find it strange. Cat a premium dropped just 6k, and suddenly cars become so affordable to Singaporeans.

So how much less did the new Altis pricing drop before and after? COE dropped 8k doesn't mean price slash 8k hor.

Price dropped 10k. But i think it comes with some t&c Edited by camrysfe

Mazda 6! Nice car.

I find it strange. Cat a premium dropped just 6k, and suddenly cars become so affordable to Singaporeans.

Cause long long time eversince 2010, people never see coe for cat A is below 40k ma. So like strike toto, better go in to buy now than wait again.

Cause long long time eversince 2010, people never see coe for cat A is below 40k ma. So like strike toto, better go in to buy now than wait again.

It doesn't really benefit buyers if it is a one off dip. It has to be consistently in this range to benefit us buyers.

The only one who strike toto is the one starting her president job tomorrow

• Praise 2

It doesn't really benefit buyers if it is a one off dip. It has to be consistently in this range to benefit us buyers.

The only one who strike toto is the one starting her president job tomorrow

Quite true. Lol. 

Yes, possible. U must understand firstly why there is crowd?? Bcos the COE plunged to lowest in 7 yrs

This triggered consumers who are "FREE", "considering" , "genuine", " jio a friend, come lets go see car" etc...basically, if there are orders, ADs need to bid, especially if it's guaranteed coe or if AD wants to meet their target.

And how to get orders? Many factors and ways to play the game

1. Price, whether include coe or guaranteed or non-guaranteed.

2. Sales person skill and whether their service is good and hungry for sales

3. Management and AD if they are HUNGRY for business

4. Den other factors like trade in, loan, interest %, freebies

Basically, I feel those who are genuine buyers or 50/50 would have signed and confirm order. As to how many actually signed can't really tell!!

However, if the next coe bid remains around the same levels can mean few things also

1. Order backlog not strong enough

2. AD want to spread their bids to pull down the demand, AD interest is to get lowest coe possible.

3. Many on many bid guaranteed or many bid non guaranteed.

In general, if the next coe bid does not go up means.....judge for yourself. :)

I can't see CAT A not going up in the next round. Actually, I think  there's a decent chance that CAT B will come down and CAT A will go. Suspect some CAT B buyers might also switch to CAT A in order to capitalise on the COE savings

How much Cat A goes up at the next bid is in the good hands of car distributors, who control COE prices.

If they are conservative in their bids, Cat A may stay within $40K. If they have annual sales targets from their principals  to hit, and decide to bid high  then Cat A might swing towards $45K. 

↡ Advertisement