Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

french connection at IMM road show

Below $100K can drive one home.

image is cut and joined because too long.

the models there are fabric seats.

not suited for me - prefer sedan and their servcing ctrs are at Leng Kee (only ?)

the SE say it is an upgarde if i trade in my altis ... firmer ride, more solid metal, euro

post-114176-0-39067600-1533387079_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

today was at lengkee

not many people at the showrooms

must be all waiting for coe to drop back to 25k

I went to Mercedes Benz, KIA and Mitsubishi.

Quite crowded leh. 

Alot change is due to their high coe. Also eventually is all priced down to selling price. Coe dropped 10k might not be reflected at selling car price.

I guess the orders they got during the 25k coe, plus the orders they received weekly, should be enough for the next few bidding.

Only left few months to 2019, the coe quota will start to reduce. So I predict $25k might be the lowest coe premium

french connection at IMM road show

Below $100K can drive one home.

image is cut and joined because too long.

the models there are fabric seats.

not suited for me - prefer sedan and their servcing ctrs are at Leng Kee (only ?)

the SE say it is an upgarde if i trade in my altis ... firmer ride, more solid metal, euro

French cars are temperamental and have minds of their own [laugh]

• Praise 6

I went to Mercedes Benz, KIA and Mitsubishi.

Quite crowded leh.

maybe most people are there to test drive the new kia and look look see see benz and Mitsubishi after since just next door. I don't think many people bought haha...
  • Praise 3

French cars are temperamental and have minds of their own [laugh]

you guys are so lucky now, with COE premiums so affordable.

back then in early 2013, my car was soon expiring and the COE premiums climbed to the 90 mark and beyond.

i was so desprate i even created an account in the Ford forum to get views on how' s a conti car.

• Praise 2

you guys are so lucky now, with COE premiums so affordable.

back then in early 2013, my car was soon expiring and the COE premiums climbed to the 90 mark and beyond.

i was so desprate i even created an account in the Ford forum to get views on how' s a conti car.

The Boom bust COE cycle is really abject policy failure. Seems like it will continue to be the case.
  • Praise 2

Those who have bought will already bought it when COE was 25k. Nowadays the crowds are mostly look look see see type.

maybe most people are there to test drive the new kia and look look see see benz and Mitsubishi after since just next door. I don't think many people bought haha...

• Praise 2

The Boom bust COE cycle is really abject policy failure. Seems like it will continue to be the case.

It was supposed to be the case, but, it was interrupted by COE squeeze, VES and PHV. 

• Praise 2

Many buyers are waiting for a $25k Cat A COE again before visiting the showroom and signing the cheque.

good luck in waiting because that time is due to computer glitch? Anyway I straight away buy when coe 25k in July. The following bid coe price increase and so did the car price. Managed to save a few thousand dollars.

• Praise 1

good luck in waiting because that time is due to computer glitch? Anyway I straight away buy when coe 25k in July. The following bid coe price increase and so did the car price. Managed to save a few thousand dollars.

If the US-China trade war worsens, there is a possibility that this could be repeated or go even lower in 2019.  Our GDP is already slowing down.

US, China trade war to impact Singapore’s economy in three ways: Chan Chun Sing in Parliament

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/us-china-trade-war-to-impact-singapore%E2%80%99s-economy-in-three-ways-chan-chun-sing-in

Singapore’s GDP Grew by 3.8 Per Cent in the Second Quarter of 2018

https://www.mti.gov.sg/NewsRoom/Pages/Singapore%E2%80%99s-GDP-Grew-by-3.8-Per-Cent-in-the-Second-Quarter-of-2018.aspx

US-China trade war: China to respond 'resolutely'

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45294162

Edited by awhtc

If the US-China trade war worsens, there is a possibility that this could be repeated or go even lower in 2019.  Our GDP is already slowing down.

US, China trade war to impact Singapore’s economy in three ways: Chan Chun Sing in Parliament

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/us-china-trade-war-to-impact-singapore%E2%80%99s-economy-in-three-ways-chan-chun-sing-in

Singapore’s GDP Grew by 3.8 Per Cent in the Second Quarter of 2018

https://www.mti.gov.sg/NewsRoom/Pages/Singapore%E2%80%99s-GDP-Grew-by-3.8-Per-Cent-in-the-Second-Quarter-of-2018.aspx

US-China trade war: China to respond 'resolutely'

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45294162

in 2008 coe plunged to less than 20k due to economic crisis. US sub prime and lehmann brothers and affected the whole world. 

Current trade wars will not have that kind of magnitude unless it got out of hand which I think is not possible. It is just a mean of negotiation by Trump. COE may fall slightly but not be much and considering that in 2020 the number of COE will be halved due to 2010 policy. The chance of coe price rising is higher in 2019. 

↡ Advertisement