Gear stuck at Neutral after reversing

Wira

Hi guys

I just got a used 2007 307Cc. Just after collecting car and when parking at my place, the gear stuck at N after I reverse car.

After that no matter what I do I can never get the gear back to other gears as it's just stuck there.

Anyone has this problem ? Is this a serious issue ? Vicom checks seems ok with no issues on gearbox and Transmisson.

Dealer is taking car back to workshop to check but this has been disheartening esp after I just collected the car.

↡ Advertisement

Hope your dealer is covering it under warranty. Probably some electronics gone bad, which is better than the actual gearbox. But don't quote me in case dealer say "oh electronics is wear and tear"...

Turbocharged

The top of the gearbox cover (Plastic) may have crack and the plastic may have dropped in-between the shift-gear.

that's what happen to my car.

• Praise 1

There are many underlying problem can lead to gear stuck...

like some bor here say, something might have block the way under the gear hood or cover...

I would like add one more tips... turn off your engine... depress the brake pedal... see brake light activate or not... then start engine... depress brake... see brake light activate or not...

I ask you to do this is because the brake pedal has a sensor link to the gear control... whenever the brake pedal is depress, you can hear a mild click noise... this is the release of the inner lock...

as you mentioned that it cannot move and only stay at N... i suspect it is more likely the sensor failure...

• Praise 1

There are many underlying problem can lead to gear stuck...

like some bor here say, something might have block the way under the gear hood or cover...

I would like add one more tips... turn off your engine... depress the brake pedal... see brake light activate or not... then start engine... depress brake... see brake light activate or not...

I ask you to do this is because the brake pedal has a sensor link to the gear control... whenever the brake pedal is depress, you can hear a mild click noise... this is the release of the inner lock...

as you mentioned that it cannot move and only stay at N... i suspect it is more likely the sensor failure...

Hi

I tried switching off engine and depressing the brake turns on the brake lights.

Dealer towing it back to check. Hopefully it's just sensor problem or something stuck

Likely not brake sensor issue. I think something under the gear lever is stuck. If gear box problem, you can shift up and down, but the car won't even move. Possible a electronic glitch since French car full of electronic controls. Not only French, most continental cars are with electronic controls. Japanese and Korean cars are also moving towards using technology to operate a car.

• Praise 1

Likely not brake sensor issue. I think something under the gear lever is stuck. If gear box problem, you can shift up and down, but the car won't even move. Possible a electronic glitch since French car full of electronic controls. Not only French, most continental cars are with electronic controls. Japanese and Korean cars are also moving towards using technology to operate a car.

frankly its french make reliability that is questionable rather than their car full of electronic gadgets.

TS please update us on your case and hopefully the dealer deals with it. I wish you well.

frankly its french make reliability that is questionable rather than their car full of electronic gadgets.

TS please update us on your case and hopefully the dealer deals with it. I wish you well.

According to my dealer it's due to gear stick compartment seal torn and its fixed after it has been replaced. Hopefully not a biggie.

According to my dealer it's due to gear stick compartment seal torn and its fixed after it has been replaced. Hopefully not a biggie.

thanks for the update.

not sure what that is though..... :shy:

It is the problem with gear box. Take advice from the professional mechanic and if he does not able to correct it, take your vehicle to the dealers and they will be able to correct it.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Any bro's out there has any advise on the 508 blue hdi?

Really appreciate any comments views..

Than

This is the shift gear problem. You have to open the gear box and adust the shift gear wire . If after adjustment the problem still persists, you have to change it  . I faced similar problem and tried to rectify the problem by opening gear box. What I saw  the gear wire was  entangled at  one corner of the box. I corrected it's position and my problem was solved.For changing shift gear wire you have to visit the top rated mechanic of your area. https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/toyota

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sir, I had just a 307cc. I am having the exact same problem. Where and what exactly did you do? How much did it cost you? Please help.

(edited)

Hi Sir, I had just a 307cc. I am having the exact same problem. Where and what exactly did you do? How much did it cost you? Please help.

Hi my mechanic managed to resolve it. Seems some shift gear wire issue as it doesn't 'unlock' when depress brake. Don't think my mechanic charge me anything for that cos I also did servicing.

Edited by Wira
↡ Advertisement