Singapore won

Dfx16

Singapore won’t pay tax on its Johor waterworks: Shanmugam

Singapore will not pay the raised land assessment tax on its Johor waterworks as a matter of principle, said Minister for Foreign Affairs and Law K. Shanmugam yesterday.

The authorities of Kota Tinggi district had sought late last year to double the tax on the Johor River Waterworks, which is owned by national water agency PUB.

Underscoring the gravity of the issue, Mr Shanmugam said: "They've issued us further notice saying we are late in payment. If one is bloody-minded about it, I suppose they can seek to levy execution on our waterworks, and then things will get really interesting."
He said: "In a normal legal case, if you don't pay tax, somebody goes and attaches and tries to take over the property. We'll have to see whether they want to treat this as a normal case of non-payment and then we'll have to say what our response will be."

On Sunday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong highlighted how vulnerable newly independent Singapore had been, with nearly all its water coming from Johor back then.

Mr Lee said at the National Day Rally: "Every now and again, when an issue arose with Malaysia, some crazy politicians would threaten to turn off the tap, to get us in line."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-wont-pay-tax-on-its-johor-waterworks-shanmugam

Jin Satki !!! [laugh]

Edited by Dfx16
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Both countries signed the agreement and we shall follow what the agreement spells out.

suka suka impose this and impose that.. then sign the agreement for what????....

We are already helping by increasing the supply of potable water over and above the contractual agreement.

Why want to make issues out of everything with us?

Donate must also see donate to who

To him lor.............

He claimed [shakehead] not for his personal use but for his hippopotamus [gorgeous]

post-62943-0-85267100-1440742758.jpg

post-62943-0-64166400-1440742768.jpg

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 3

Half my extended family is from Malaysia, so, it's like a brotherly nation to me already. [grin]

Sometimes, I go over, and polis also ask for ah bang-ly donation when I going Singapore speeds on NSHW.

Edited by Hydrocarbon
  • Praise 2

On Sunday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong highlighted how vulnerable newly independent Singapore had been, with nearly all its water coming from Johor back then.

Mr Lee said at the National Day Rally: "Every now and again, when an issue arose with Malaysia, some crazy politicians would threaten to turn off the tap, to get us in line."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-wont-pay-tax-on-its-johor-waterworks-shanmugam

Jin Satki !!! [laugh]

Any attempt by anyone in Malaysia to renegade the water agreement with Singapore will lead to war.

These are the very words from LKY in 2013 after a M'sian NTU student asked an innocent question about the SG/MY bilaterial during a forum..

This isn't a laughing matter.

Watch from 2:40

• Praise 2

now, normally pap say please pay and pay

now pap say why pay? + so don't pay :XD::XD: :XD: :XD: [/gquote]

Najib Say Pay. PM Please Pay

maybe they receive donations for the water.....MY asking for more donations....SG say....nothing doing😂😂😂😂!
Edited by Eviilusion

Any attempt by anyone in Malaysia to renegade the water agreement with Singapore will lead to war.

These are the very words from LKY in 2013 after a M'sian NTU student asked an innocent question about the SG/MY bilaterial during a forum..

This isn't a laughing matter.

Watch from 2:40

Don't anyhow war here war there. Half the Iskander owns by Singaporean hor.... Think twice before you pull the trigger. You might just flatten your best friend's bungalow...... [laugh]

• Praise 3