2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

Do give some feedback in the ride

So far quite okay, averaging at abt 4.6l per 100km. 70% highway. When cruising, it doesn't feels like you are driving a diesel car at all.

Good that you had a positive experience. I was not satisfied with mine, and was glad to never have to interact again after I collected my ride. Did not inform me about a roadshow that will be held 1 week later when I placed the order:offering guaranteed COE at the same price. Had to bang table to get Wearnes to upgrade me to guaranteed for free. Never informed me whether they are bidding for me or not every round of COE bidding. Even when I can see for myself that the COE has been secured, still no word. Until I asked (just to play with them) then got reply. Cock up the road tax payment and wasn't able to register the car until the 11th hour the day before I was due to collect.

Some more at the end ask me for a favourable review for higher commission xD

Mine was a long 5 months wait. Booked in Mar at a promotional price. My SE did not penalise me for not getting their in house insurance.

My I ask how much did you pay for your car? Bose or normal edition?

Edited by snowdust
↡ Advertisement

So far quite okay, averaging at abt 4.6l per 100km. 70% highway. When cruising, it doesn't feels like you are driving a diesel car at all.

Mine was a long 5 months wait. Booked in Mar at a promotional price. My SE did not penalise me for not getting their in house insurance.

My I ask how much did you pay for your car? Bose or normal edition?

4.6l/100 km is good! Best I can get is 5.1l/100km, at about 50% highway.

You probably booked at the roadshow one week after me, @kallang wave mall?

Normal edition $110 k.

4.6l/100 km is good! Best I can get is 5.1l/100km, at about 50% highway.

You probably booked at the roadshow one week after me, @kallang wave mall?

Normal edition $110 k.

I see. This figure is computed by the system or you manually calculate yourself?

No, I booked at the showroom in Mar 2016.. Mine is the BOSE edition. Normal edition was selling at 108k at that time.

May I also ask how much is your COE? Mine was 47k..

I see. This figure is computed by the system or you manually calculate yourself?

No, I booked at the showroom in Mar 2016.. Mine is the BOSE edition. Normal edition was selling at 108k at that time.

May I also ask how much is your COE? Mine was 47k..

As computed by the system. They just take the mileage of the current trip divided by the fuel consumed. The fuel consumed more or less correlates to the amount at the pump (I usually pump to full tank)

My COE eventually was 47k as well, so we probably got it during the same bidding.

The 1.5L engine is powerful enough for this vehicle , I don't find much issue overtaking on expressways. No difference felt with full load of passengers or just myself. Having said that, it's no FXT, nor does it claim to be. Drinks much less fuel though, at the pumps is where this car shines.

I think what the review encountered is more due to the transmission than the engine itself. I noticed that the first 2x gear change as I speed up is quite slow, leading to the feeling of sluggishness. For example if say accelerating from a traffic light, I'm the first to move off, 20 km/h to 40 km/h seems slow, past 40 km/h it accelerates well. Switching between normal and eco mode slightly alters this behaviour so I believe this has to do with the gear mappings programmed into the ECU.

Edited by Ganwb79
  • Praise 1

I think what the review encountered is more due to the transmission than the engine itself. I noticed that the first 2x gear change as I speed up is quite slow, leading to the feeling of sluggishness. For example if say accelerating from a traffic light, I'm the first to move off, 20 km/h to 40 km/h seems slow, past 40 km/h it accelerates well. Switching between normal and eco mode slightly alters this behaviour so I believe this has to do with the gear mappings programmed into the ECU.

Agreed, that how i feel too.

Do you have an issue with the car rolling backward from stationary position at uneven road? Once the car start stop feature was activated, the car started to roll back around half a meter and i could not get the engine to start in time. Good thing the brake still works. Haha.

Do you have an issue with the car rolling backward from stationary position at uneven road? Once the car start stop feature was activated, the car started to roll back around half a meter and i could not get the engine to start in time. Good thing the brake still works. Haha.

I turn off the stop-start feature ... just cannot get used to hearing the engine turn off whenever I come to a stop.

So I haven't experienced what you had, but I can definitely see that happening  [laugh]

I find the hill start assist only works on steeper slopes (e.g. carpark ramps). On roads with a gentle slope, it doesn't activate. 

Anyone encountering this? Creaking sound from the plastic of the central console (gear box area) when going over uneven roads?

I hear it sometimes if I make a sharp turn.  

I experience this too and will quickly step on the accelerator lightly to move off.

hi ppl,

i also excited to collect my kadjar, hopefully in early oct.

i am just wondering anyone here keen for a forum meetup? a small gathering for the kadjar owners

Edited by Zangestu

Based on the Fuel Cost Calculator on the onemotoring.com.sg, seems like Wearnes has brought in the 1.2 TCE turbo-petrol with the 7-speed EDC transmission too. Wonder how this variant will perform versus the 1.5 diesel. 

post-132631-0-29908900-1474815374.png

Based on the Fuel Cost Calculator on the onemotoring.com.sg, seems like Wearnes has brought in the 1.2 TCE turbo-petrol with the 7-speed EDC transmission too. Wonder how this variant will perform versus the 1.5 diesel.

Ermm, don't really understand what you mean above - FCC will determine which engine they brought in?

As far as we know, including the owners here and what's being sold by Wearnes

Probably the 1.2l model in the calculator means they submitted some nos to LTA, not sure whether it means they will release this variant to the market here. A losing proposition going head-to-head with the similarly specced Nissan Qashqai? 

Wearnes may be looking at the popularity of the QQ and trying to cash in.

Some may bite considering it's bigger and the French do have their design flair.

But the popularity of the QQ is waning with the arrival of the HRV and the Kia carens.

↡ Advertisement