2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

Anyone has top up air for their kadjar's tyres. What pressure do you pump at?

The prescript value seem to be very high compared to other cars.

During recent servicing done in Aug 2016, thr pressure was increased to 41psi (front) and 38 psi (rear). After more than 2 months, they are now at 37 and 35psi respectively.

Before the servicing, i need to pump every month to maintain psi at 34 and 31 respectively. This is the recommended psi.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Wearnes service staff don't have a clue what is the right value. When I went back after I got a nail stuck in my tyre I asked them and didn't get any satisfactory answer. Just look at the table at the driver side door, the recommended pressures are listed.

Take note that for shipment the tires are usually pumped a bit higher so they are not deflated when they arrive. Mine are at 3.0 bar (43 psi) when I collected.

Now running 2.4 bar (35 psi) front and 2.6 bar (38 psi), these are cold values, will go up a bit after driving. Maximum the tyre can take is ~55 psi I think, should be safe as long as you don't exceed.

i

Go up north also no need to scare, they dont have this model yet. Only thing is tough to find euro 5 diesel stations

Hi Porche,

FYI btw ever since Daimler Benz had joined into Renault and Nissan Alliance , Petronas has just into launching EURO 5 diesel....

Euro 5 Diesel Grades in Malaysia

http://www.shell.com.my/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-fuelsave-fuels/shell-fuelsave-diesel-euro-5.html

http://www.shell.com.my/motorists/shell-fuels/shell-fuelsave-fuels/shell-fuelsave-diesel-euro-5.html#vanity-aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zaGVsbC5jb20ubXkvZGllc2VsZXVybzU

Shell Stations are now found in these Malaysian states:

•             Johor

•             Kedah

•             Kuala Lumpur

•             Melaka

•             Negeri Sembilan

•             Pahang

•             Penang/ Pulau Pinang

•             Perak

•             Selangor

•             Terengganu

BHP Petrol Stations

http://bhpetrol.com.my/infiniti-diesel-euro5.html

•             Klang Valley

•             Johor

•             Melaka

•             Perak

•             Penang

•             Kedah

•             Pahang

CALTEX Diesel with Techron® D

https://www.caltex.com/sg/motorists/products-and-services/techron-fuels/diesel-with-techron-d.html

PETRONAS with Dynamic Diesel 

http://www.motorme.my/petronas-provides-euro-5-diesel-quietly/

Anyone has top up air for their kadjar's tyres. What pressure do you pump at?

The prescript value seem to be very high compared to other cars.

For comfort drive is recommend ard 2.7 Bar/> 40 psi but FC so-so.... do goto "Menu" or your Toggle Button to monitor.

Wearnes service staff don't have a clue what is the right value. When I went back after I got a nail stuck in my tyre I asked them and didn't get any satisfactory answer. Just look at the table at the driver side door, the recommended pressures are listed.

Take note that for shipment the tires are usually pumped a bit higher so they are not deflated when they arrive. Mine are at 3.0 bar (43 psi) when I collected.

Now running 2.4 bar (35 psi) front and 2.6 bar (38 psi), these are cold values, will go up a bit after driving. Maximum the tyre can take is ~55 psi I think, should be safe as long as you don't exceed.

New tyres will inflate higher so as to condition the tyres and after running-in at first 1,000km for awhile you can generally lower to around 2.6 bar/40 psi. Try not to go above 45psi thought FC can improve alot but braking distant might be compromised. Any point of time if you sees below 2Bar, do let any tire shop the surface for a possible puncture or loose valve. 

For comfort drive is recommend ard 2.7 Bar/> 40 psi but FC so-so.... do goto "Menu" or your Toggle Button to monitor.

Thanks mate. Driving this up north next mth. Sure useful

Issit true that the Q30 infinitive shares the same engine as the Kadjar ? 

Yes the diesel engine is shared by Merc, Nissan and it's high end cousin, Infiniti..

The engine has not given a lot of issues. Whether it's nice or not, you have to demo it..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1004

As for the gearbox, you can ask other members who own it.

Or read around other forums:

http://renaultkadjarforum.co.uk/topic/758-automatic-15l-gearbox/

Compared to VW's DSG, Renault's EDC does have a slightly different character. The change from 1st to 2nd is a lot higher on my Kad vs the Golf 2.0 TDI that I recently returned (12 months old / company car). The DSG is barely moving when it changes into 2nd and would frequently slip the clutch to pull away from 1 - 2 mph in 2nd gear if the car hadn't come to a complete stop. Technically the EDC gearbox is a dry clutch type (DSG is a wet clutch) so this has some impact on the way it operates. I suspect the electronics in the EDC are also set to change from 1st to 2nd at a higher engine speed because it's mated to an engine with lower torque to draw upon. The DSG is on the whole a smoother experience than the EDC, but I wonder if the DSG clutches will last as long due to the additional slippage at start / very low speeds vs the EDC which is more direct, but as a result can feel a little more lumpy. Equally the EDC is programmed to disconnect the clutch at a standstill hence a tiny pause before it begins to creep which can cause problems unless on a very flat surface. I've had my Kad 8 days and travelled 1850 miles, and the EDC is getting progressively smoother. However, as a result of it's design / the programming, it is still a little lumpy in stop start traffic (particularly when hot after a motorway run / hot weather as today), a characteristic I doubt will go away. Personally I like the way the EDC operates in Eco mode, riding the torque wave and changing up very quickly through the gearbox into 5th / 6th. I rarely find it lacking in power and a firm prod of the gas pedal always results in it holding onto lower gears a little longer or kicking down - all very smoothly.

Does that mean that this engine is okay ? 

How about the dual clutch gearbox ? 

This engine/transmission setup is the same across all of Renault Singapore's offerings - Clio, Megane, Fluence, Grand Scenic etc

If it was not okay ... they would certainly be out of business already, liable for every single car they sold. Conversely thinking, maybe they are reasonably confident that this engine is robust enough for SG conditions to do this standardisation.

Also Renault's EDC is not VWG's DSG hor, different manufacturer.

Do proceed back to Renault Showroom/ Svc Center; $42/bottle. Alternatively, do go to Ptistop Tyres;

-Stamford Tyres at 19 Lok Yang Way; $12

-Autobacs; Bukit Batok/ Ubi store.; $17.95

-Pitstop Tyres Pte Ltd; Inside Shell petrol station : $12
Address: 551 Upper Thomson Road S(574415)
Phone   : 62545575
Edited by Sendersen
  • Praise 1

This engine/transmission setup is the same across all of Renault Singapore's offerings - Clio, Megane, Fluence, Grand Scenic etc

If it was not okay ... they would certainly be out of business already, liable for every single car they sold. Conversely thinking, maybe they are reasonably confident that this engine is robust enough for SG conditions to do this standardisation.

Also Renault's EDC is not VWG's DSG hor, different manufacturer.

There's also other reason why they are not selling their car in the hundreds a month bro, and, renault are offering EDC in EU while its counterpart is using the more popular aisin EAT gearbox. So its not a SG choice to bring in EDC, is they have no choice if they want to continue selling it.

Be it EDC or DSG, Dual clutch all has similar characteristic, so its up to individual willing to change driving pattern or not.

Engine wise, nobody know low power turbocharge diesel is how lasting yet, but i guessit should be pretty robust