2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

great looking car. test drove the non-bose version. nice pull. sway to get this instead of qashqai. anyone has experience with servicing and aftersales service of renault?

• Praise 1

the car is running on timing belt. this maintenance is costly.

Huh?? Base on that and you said the maintenance cost is higher? How expensive can a timing belt cost?? ...

interesting to note. so how much does it cost to change a timing belt? based on Renault webpage. either 100k or 6yrs. that doesn't sound so bad. at most change twice.

where did you find the 100K/6 yrs? from local renault or overseas?

usually requirement for local will be shorter distance/yrs. better check with them to confirm what's the requirement for local.

for the petrol engine, they need min 2 days to complete the change of timing belt. for diesel, not sure. 

well. you are the one who raise this issue. so i guess u will have more experience on this? wad was your cost?

I cant seem to post links but its easily found on google.  

Kadjar is a new car. so no one can really say they have experience on this i guess.

nvr had a Renault. so i won't know for sure. but is a timing belt really that expensive??

Timing belt change for petrol Renault takes one day only. Morning send in, afternoon can collect already, no difference from regular interval servicing.

Cost about $800 +/- if alternator belt and timing change belt alone (no water pump change....) at Tor Kor. Belt is cheap; it's labour intensive job. Need to lift up engine if according to proper procedure. Those w/s that do not lift up engine and just squeeze the belt in, you risk premature belt failure.

Belt change is 60K interval or 3 years whichever is earlier. Better play safe. I changed at 3rd year even though mileage at 50K. 

Thought most newer Renault are using time chain??? (remembered SE told me that while I was test driving the Grand Scenic 1.5 diesel and almost all their models brought in now are 1.5 diesel. Difference being the tuning part).

Parts for Renault are surprisingly cheap (some are comparable to Jap cars, some are cheaper than Jap cars) if you buy from stokists. They become expensive as w/s will always claim difficult to find, continental car more expensive blah blah blah...

Also, engine oil change. Most w/s will charge you extra as as most models require 4.5L or more change. In fact no need de, just use 4L gum gum hoh one. 

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Wow. Thanks for the 2 post above. really informative and constructive. Sorry i cant like coz still newbie. I suppose the Kadja will share many of its parts with the Qashqai. so dun think will have any problems with the spares. but the price is putting me off as compared to the 1.2T of the QQ. i know they are 2 different cars, still contemplating. expecting the prices to come down abit in afew months

confirmed using timing belt. servicing belt is at 3yrs or 60K internal, whichever earlier. changing belt at AD = $900-1K.

Those who has seen the car, do you find the passenger door opening a little small. somehow the design makes it difficult to get out when opened at the min. need to open to full then ok.

Wait a minute, did someone mention this car come with dry dual clutch gb? If so, I'm out. Straight away strike off from my list.. Hehe...

Walan ehhh.... That kind of face really cheapen the car.... Please take one without that face can??...

Ok ok megastar Fan Bing Bing (范冰冰) here this time you cannot have an excuse not to seriously rethink

post-165672-0-32842200-1452937038_thumb.png

Edited by EricChan

Ok ok megastar Fan Bing Bing (范冰冰) here this time you cannot have an excuse not to seriously rethink

attachicon.gifimage.png

Seriously, until today, if you put a few picture of beauties and ask me who is fan Bing Bing, I can't tell.. She is just like any oriental beatie without unique features ... Err. That one fan Bing Bing?? ... If go nightclub can have such quality already.... Hehe....OK,.. Do you have one without anyone blocking?...

↡ Advertisement