2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

Hi to all, as mentioned l participate this forum is purely for info sharing and technical update. As much info were previously either distorted or not not practise in our region.Thus openly invites for learning purposes via test drive , if l am doing for business l will put up promo , prices, propergenda and such....

This is a Nissan MV 200 1.5 DCi Diesel engine using timing belt , will require change when hitting 160,000km. When l refer timing chain was previously petrol engine.

The gearbox use is EDC , Efficient Dual Clutch dry type but not DSG as of those use in VW/ Audi. As mentioned previously, DSG is well known troubles due to lubricant transmitting issue either viscosity and/or piping size.

If you are currently driving CVT gearbox which is sluggish and almost 90% Jap cars are using (because they are cheap) which is highly unreliable as they are not built for either performance or comfy ride. To handle Dual clutch the behaviour of CVT is a completely opposite ,once you got it you will love it, enjoy every seconds of the gearbox response , reliability and increase fuel efficiency .

Seriously, if the KADJAR gotta take on the QQ it's gotta be the 2.0 petrol ,NA. . Head on the QQ 1.2L Turbo , is bullying the little Cousin after all they are all in the same family. Being 1.5 diesel turbo charge , after numerous feedback from my customers who just bought the diesel Cousin , it only lack electric seats. XP

Edited by Sendersen
↡ Advertisement

Hi to all, as mentioned l participate this forum is purely for info sharing and technical update. As much info were previously either distorted or not not practise in our region.Thus openly invites for learning purposes via test drive , if l am doing for business l will put up promo , prices, propergenda and such....

This is a Nissan MV 200 1.5 DCi Diesel engine using timing belt , will require change when hitting 160,000km. When l refer timing chain was previously petrol engine.

The gearbox use is EDC , Efficient Dual Clutch dry type but not DSG as of those use in VW/ Audi. As mentioned previously, DSG is well known troubles due to lubricant transmitting issue either viscosity and/or piping size.

If you are currently driving CVT gearbox which is sluggish and almost 90% Jap cars are using (because they are cheap) which is highly unreliable as they are not built for either performance or comfy ride. To handle Dual clutch the behaviour of CVT is a completely opposite ,once you got it you will love it, enjoy every seconds of the gearbox response , reliability and increase fuel efficiency .

Seriously, if the KADJAR gotta take on the QQ it's gotta be the 2.0 petrol ,NA. . Head on the QQ 1.2L Turbo , is bullying the little Cousin after all they are all in the same family. Being 1.5 diesel turbo charge it out beat any 2.0 petrol in torque power ( EDC) ,power (Maunal mode) and fuel effiency . After numerous feedback from THOSE who just bought the diesel Cousin , it only FEEDBACK is lack electric seats. XP

Seriously, if the KADJAR gotta take on the QQ it's gotta be the 2.0 petrol ,NA. . Head on the QQ 1.2L Turbo , is bullying the little Cousin after all they are all in the same family. Being 1.5 diesel turbo charge it out beat any 2.0 petrol in torque power ( EDC) ,power (Maunal mode) and fuel effiency . After numerous feedback from THOSE who just bought the diesel Cousin , it only FEEDBACK is lack electric seats. XP

I like you. Your sincerity comes across well . I like the bells and whistles and I would have gone with your offer if not for the fact that I recently made a purchase.

Edited by EricChan

Is it 60k or 160k for the belt change? Will Renault SG comit to this? When I spoke with the SE face to face, 160k is not the info provided.

Sharing info is good. But please share the right info, esp when it comes from a Renault sales person. No pun intended.

Believe 160K is the max you can stretch under certain easy driving condition, like 70% high speed motorway journeys.

For SG, driving condition is considered severe. Therefore, as a rough rule of thumb, it's always half of the recommended servicing interval. Same goes for oil change, etc etc.

Correction: * This is a Renault engine 1.5 DCi Diesel engine,Nissan NV 200 are sharing and both using timing belt , will require change when hitting 60,000km. When l refer timing chain was previously petrol engine. 

-Apology over narrated typing

Is it 60k or 160k for the belt change? Will Renault SG comit to this? When I spoke with the SE face to face, 160k is not the info provided.

Sharing info is good. But please share the right info, esp when it comes from a Renault sales person. No pun intended.

Correction: * This is a Renault engine 1.5 DCi Diesel engine,Nissan NV 200 are sharing and both using timing belt , will require change when hitting 60,000km. When l refer timing chain was previously petrol engine. 

Sendersen,

As Renault SE, you should get the facts right and accurate prior to sharing.

You have the time to verify before clicking on "reply" but you may have clicked too early.

There are way too many correction made. If you are doing adhoc Q&A with customer, I am not sure if the information will be correct.

I knew it was 60Km when I visited your showroom last year but since you are SE, I questioned my memory.

The other fact is from Renault website, the timing belt change cycle is 160km but why Wearnes is doing it at 60km? Anyway, potential buyer will ask the smart question or do their due diligence.

Last, I do not mean to start words war here. 

• Praise 1

Sendersen,

You have the time to verify before clicking on "reply" but you may have clicked too early.

There are way too many correction made. If you are doing adhoc Q&A with customer, I am not sure if the information will be correct.

I knew it was 60Km when I visited your showroom last year but since you are SE, I questioned my memory.

The other fact is from Renault website, the timing belt change cycle is 160km but why Wearnes is doing it at 60km? Anyway, potential buyer will ask the smart question or do their due diligence.

Sopskysalat, Your words are too strong.

It is ok to make an honest mistake, but not to repeat the same mistake. (No malice nor mischief was intended and it was timely corrected )

Sendersen don't take it to heart and it doesn't take away what you have done and which is good and needs applauding

Edited by EricChan

Frankly, do you believe a rubber belt can last 160K especially in our climate and driving conditions?

60K is a honourable and trustworthy mark that I believe in.

Same thing for engine oil change interval. W is doing at 10K (for petrol) while most people in EU are stretching far more mileage.

Sendersen,

i saw this beauty at the recent car show and it looks really amazing. Uk website claims that kadjar and qashqai share 65% of the parts.. Not sure how true is that, and are those common parts.

The biggest turn off is when SE told me the car comes with 5year 150k km warranty. When probe further what it covers, she reply it depends, excluding wear and tear parts. I mean seriously.. When the car is in the workshop, they can claim anything is wear and tear

I drove a citroen now, and trust me, anything faulty they claim wear and tear.

Asked about servicing packages.. It cost more than 2.5k for a 2 year package. Normal servicing cost $400+ per trip

If we do a comparison between fuel cost savings vs maintenance cost, i can never solve this equation.

Maybe someone here that has driven a renault b4 can share some experience?

Any Bro test driven the Renault Kadjar 1.5T dCi Bose Edition (A)

http://www.------.com/new_cars/car-overview.php?pid=4675

I did, the design is nice, drive is good and if it comes with diesel+ auto gb, I will take this over qq.. But unfortunately, I cannot accept the dry dual clutch Gb since I have to drive it more than 5 yrs for sure..... If you will change car after warranty type of buyer, this is a very nice car worth considering....

ask SE to throw in the servicing package in or at least at half price.

I have +ve experience at W. Just ask nicely and treat them with respect and they normally would help you.

I had following replaced without even asking:

- engine mounting

- hand brake lever

When warranty is almost up, I sent my car for regular servicing and I asked them nicely "to help" me with melting/sticky door handles. They told me they will try. At the end of the day, the replaced all the sticky door handles with brand new ones (when I had actually requested them to sand off).

SA will be permanently assigned to you. You see him every time you sent car in for servicing.

i saw this beauty at the recent car show and it looks really amazing. Uk website claims that kadjar and qashqai share 65% of the parts.. Not sure how true is that, and are those common parts.

The biggest turn off is when SE told me the car comes with 5year 150k km warranty. When probe further what it covers, she reply it depends, excluding wear and tear parts. I mean seriously.. When the car is in the workshop, they can claim anything is wear and tear
I drove a citroen now, and trust me, anything faulty they claim wear and tear.

Asked about servicing packages.. It cost more than 2.5k for a 2 year package. Normal servicing cost $400+ per trip

If we do a comparison between fuel cost savings vs maintenance cost, i can never solve this equation.

Maybe someone here that has driven a renault b4 can share some experience?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

I have +ve experience at W. Just ask nicely and treat them with respect and they normally would help you.

- engine mounting

- hand brake lever

When warranty is almost up, I sent my car for regular servicing and I asked them nicely "to help" me with melting/sticky door handles. They told me they will try. At the end of the day, the replaced all the sticky door handles with brand new ones (when I had actually requested them to sand off).

SA will be permanently assigned to you. You see him every time you sent car in for servicing.

Flexibility with terms.... Listening to the customer.....Going the extra mile... Having a permanent SA assigned...

I like that - It's a best practice

- engine mounting

- hand brake lever

Hi Kangadrool,

Glad to hear that you have +ve exp with W. Sad to say, i have ----ve exp with CnC. I could be going to SC almost every 1-2 month, and standard check will say wear and tear and i need to buy. Someone i knew who own a 3008 has similar ---exp with AF too.. Same wear and tear crap when car still under warranty.

And surprise, engine mounting W replace foc. That is a common wear and tear parts that SC will rip people off.

We have a common friend that drives an altis, and the 5 year unlimited warranty and 5 year service literally covers everything! Battery, spark plugs, coolant, cooling hose, water tank, ATF, mounting.

And this kadjar claim 3.9L/100km.. Frugality is really fanstatic. Not sure in SG condition(50city/50hw) how will it end up. Fuel savings and reliability is my main concern. Long term maintenance cost is also a priority.

Hi Kangadrool,

Glad to hear that you have +ve exp with W. Sad to say, i have ----ve exp with CnC. I could be going to SC almost every 1-2 month, and standard check will say wear and tear and i need to buy. Someone i knew who own a 3008 has similar ---exp with AF too.. Same wear and tear crap when car still under warranty.

And surprise, engine mounting W replace foc. That is a common wear and tear parts that SC will rip people off.

We have a common friend that drives an altis, and the 5 year unlimited warranty and 5 year service literally covers everything! Battery, spark plugs, coolant, cooling hose, water tank, ATF, mounting.

And this kadjar claim 3.9L/100km.. Frugality is really fanstatic. Not sure in SG condition(50city/50hw) how will it end up. Fuel savings and reliability is my main concern. Long term maintenance cost is also a priority.

I drive a diesel now n can confirm I get 30% better in FC compared to petrol. I'm around 80% city driving. Heard the guys with more highway driving get an even better % in savings. Not forgetting diesel is around 40% cheaper than Ron95 petrol as well! Road tax will be higher though, around $50 more each mth compared to normal for 1.6l cars.

• Praise 4

ST's Motoring report about a month ago, they tested with few models of diesel Renaults to boleh land and reported FC almost the same as stated on spec sheet.

I drive a diesel now n can confirm I get 30% better in FC compared to petrol. I'm around 80% city driving. Heard the guys with more highway driving get an even better % in savings. Not forgetting diesel is around 40% cheaper than Ron95 petrol as well! Road tax will be higher though, around $50 more each mth compared to normal for 1.6l cars.

Hey Spring,

What car you driving now? Able to share your experienece?

↡ Advertisement