2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

Hey Spring,

What car you driving now? Able to share your experienece?

Mine is BMW 216d. I'm a diesel turbo convert. Heard so much about diesel turbo previously but thought it was exaggerated to a certain extent but glad to say it's true. Good for our local road conditions cos the initial pick up is quick for us to change lanes confidently n take off from traffic lights fast. Guess in a prolonged straight, the higher hp cars will win but we're not racing here so I'm happy.

As I mentioned FC is good bearing in mind I've alot of City driving. Used to get 10km/l on my civic 1.6l n now getting 13km/l. A 1.5l car with only 116hp n 1.5tonne but 270nm torque! Kadjar about there as well I think.

As in most things, there is a downside to diesel. Diesel clatter is audible outside but not in the car. Worry abit on dpf though I understand the new diesels are able to get rid of this. Citroen i understand has an adblue solution but not sure on Renault so do ask on this. Good luck on your decision making!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

ST's Motoring report about a month ago, they tested with few models of diesel Renaults to boleh land and reported FC almost the same as stated on spec sheet.

Heard some diesel cars can drive all the way to Penang one way on a 60l tank easily!

Worry that govt may increase diesel tax though since it's getting popular, fingers crossed it doesn't happen!

• Praise 3

i saw this beauty at the recent car show and it looks really amazing. Uk website claims that kadjar and qashqai share 65% of the parts.. Not sure how true is that, and are those common parts.

The biggest turn off is when SE told me the car comes with 5year 150k km warranty. When probe further what it covers, she reply it depends, excluding wear and tear parts. I mean seriously.. When the car is in the workshop, they can claim anything is wear and tear

I drove a citroen now, and trust me, anything faulty they claim wear and tear.

Asked about servicing packages.. It cost more than 2.5k for a 2 year package. Normal servicing cost $400+ per trip

If we do a comparison between fuel cost savings vs maintenance cost, i can never solve this equation.

Maybe someone here that has driven a renault b4 can share some experience?

That's why I always say there is never any warranty in Singapore. It's either wear and tear or "it's like that one". Then after the warranty period many many more thing miraculously break down or MUST CHANGE!

That's why I always say there is never any warranty in Singapore. It's either wear and tear or "it's like that one". Then after the warranty period many many more thing miraculously break down or MUST CHANGE!

If true, why cycle even bother to give 10yrs warranty for the engine?

To placate potential buyers, part of the pulling factor in their evaluation and to put their mind at ease .. 10 year warranty for Kia case (part of CnC ) is strictly engine alone which usually is highly robust .. Other components not covered Edited by EricChan

Heard some diesel cars can drive all the way to Penang one way on a 60l tank easily!

Worry that govt may increase diesel tax though since it's getting popular, fingers crossed it doesn't happen!

I have drove to KL and back on one 60L tank, still have less than a quarter fuel left. 

So driving to Penang in one tank is definitely possible.

To placate potential buyers, part of the pulling factor in their evaluation and to put their mind at ease .. 10 year warranty for Kia case (part of CnC ) is strictly engine alone which usually is highly robust .. Other components not covered

They the first in spore to do that

I have read that this car provides all the safety features, e.g blind spot detection. And it has auto parking as well. Comparing to the similar priced qq2, TC had taken out most of these features except the moonroof. EDC is definitely better than CVT in terms of driveability, the power comes readily when required unlike QQ1.2. Coupled with good FC, I think W has brought in the winning car to beat TC. Good to see that as TC is having too big a head and is not working hard to provide current qq1.2 owners with good explanation for the infamous power loss issue.

• Praise 1

I have drove to KL and back on one 60L tank, still have less than a quarter fuel left.

So driving to Penang in one tank is definitely possible.

For petrol car at speed limit, it is possible on 1 tank to Penang. Renault Fluence has done even better - One tank from SG>Penang>Malacca, totalling 13xxkm. It was reported in ST few weeks ago.

For my ride, 06 KIA 2L, I can do 14KM/L average at 110km. It should hit slightly more than 800km on one tank.

Then, for diesel should do 20-25km/L. Therefore, for 60L tank can hit at least 1200km per tank.

Diesel can do lean mode HCCI at cruising speed, thus the fuel it uses is very little.

Mazda is at the frontier of emulating it on their 2nd gen Skyactiv engine. Should it succeed, the FC will dramatically narrow the gap with that produce by diesel engine. I hope to drive one in years to come.

• Praise 1

Hi Kangadrool,

Glad to hear that you have +ve exp with W. Sad to say, i have ----ve exp with CnC. I could be going to SC almost every 1-2 month, and standard check will say wear and tear and i need to buy. Someone i knew who own a 3008 has similar ---exp with AF too.. Same wear and tear crap when car still under warranty.

And surprise, engine mounting W replace foc. That is a common wear and tear parts that SC will rip people off.

We have a common friend that drives an altis, and the 5 year unlimited warranty and 5 year service literally covers everything! Battery, spark plugs, coolant, cooling hose, water tank, ATF, mounting.

And this kadjar claim 3.9L/100km.. Frugality is really fanstatic. Not sure in SG condition(50city/50hw) how will it end up. Fuel savings and reliability is my main concern. Long term maintenance cost is also a priority.

Yysiong, I have one to recommend - Mitsubishi Attrage. No frill, fuel economical, low tax cnc10 years engine coverage (I don't think it is needed), sub80k price but no look, just 4 wheels to bring you around. MCF drivers are able to do 17-18km/L. It wins on low weight low cc engine. But it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

You drive a citroen right. My wife is driving one too. Reliability... I am starting to worry ... Haha

But to be fair, engine mounting is a wear and tear item, at least to me.

engine usually doesn't give issues; issues r wif gb, wear/tear components. also, 10-yr warranty implies u MUST stick to Ad for all ur servicing. n I think it's 10yrs or 200k km, whichever comes first.

if any AD dares to offer 10yrs / 200k km warranty for GB, now that's the real challenge n confidence for their products

• Praise 3

engine usually doesn't give issues; issues r wif gb, wear/tear components. also, 10-yr warranty implies u MUST stick to Ad for all ur servicing. n I think it's 10yrs or 200k km, whichever comes first.

if any AD dares to offer 10yrs / 200k km warranty for GB, now that's the real challenge n confidence for their products

yalor, ..when kia started this "10yrs on engine and 5yrs on gb" warranty, i ever disturb the se, why not 10/10? (i knew no car maker dare to provide 10yrs for gb lar, not even on toyota 4AT gb..) but frankly, 10/5 is already a very good offer... anyway, im not a fan of servicing with AD hence, give me 10/5 also not gonna be a major deciding factor but it does help with that confidence of their product...... [:p]

• Praise 1

The thing is that every time go to cycle,n keep going for 10 yrs to get the warranty is not worth it
  • Praise 1

The thing is that every time go to cycle,n keep going for 10 yrs to get the warranty is not worth it

that y.. so 5yr should b max n w unlimited mileage.

yalor, ..when kia started this "10yrs on engine and 5yrs on gb" warranty, i ever disturb the se, why not 10/10? (i knew no car maker dare to provide 10yrs for gb lar, not even on toyota 4AT gb..) but frankly, 10/5 is already a very good offer... anyway, im not a fan of servicing with AD hence, give me 10/5 also not gonna be a major deciding factor but it does help with that confidence of their product...... [:p]

Nowadays with cars so electronically wired, linked and controlled, servicing outside of AD workshops is not going to be as easy as before.

Risk is increasingly higher that with these increasing mechatronics, propriety algorithms (including existential bug issues) and software integration (and dependency) that you are going to encounter warning alarms , interlocks kicking in ranging from the irritating, nuisance type (but that you can ignore) to the type that are more serious and can potentially prevent the car from starting or moving off- and there is probably nothing that your outside mechanic can do anything about them. (No parts last forever : whether they need recalibration, refreshing or replacing). So moral of the story : make sure you look beyond just the purchase of the car and consider the lifetime support (at least to the timeframe that you planned) for it; ignore and dismiss it at your own peril.

Edited by EricChan
  • Praise 1

Nowadays with cars so electronically wired, linked and controlled, servicing outside of AD workshops is not going to be as easy as before.

Risk is increasingly higher that with these increasing mechatronics, propriety algorithms (including existential bug issues) and software integration (and dependency) that you are going to encounter warning alarms , interlocks kicking in ranging from the irritating, nuisance type (but that you can ignore) to the type that are more serious and can potentially prevent the car from starting or moving off- and there is probably nothing that your outside mechanic can do anything about them. (No parts last forever : whether they need recalibration, refreshing or replacing). So moral of the story : make sure you look beyond just the purchase of the car and consider the lifetime support (at least to the timeframe that you planned) for it; ignore and dismiss it at your own peril.

If you look at the price CnC charge for parts and servicing...they would have earn another 4-5 car profit if you stick with them throughout the 10 year.

And.. 10warranty is only on engine.. Parts are not covered.. Once they say wear and tear - you need to pay for the parts and labour to have it changed.

Even when i bought the 2 year care lite maintenance for my citroen with them, and once they say "wear and tear must change", i incure a labour cost PER parts changed. That is how absurb CnC is.

Best part is, they never find any other problem during serivcing when i ask them to do a thorough check, but when problem comes -> its wear and tear as mentioned by them.

• Praise 1

If you look at the price CnC charge for parts and servicing...they would have earn another 4-5 car profit if you stick with them throughout the 10 year.

And.. 10warranty is only on engine.. Parts are not covered.. Once they say wear and tear - you need to pay for the parts and labour to have it changed.

Even when i bought the 2 year care lite maintenance for my citroen with them, and once they say "wear and tear must change", i incure a labour cost PER parts changed. That is how absurb CnC is.

Best part is, they never find any other problem during serivcing when i ask them to do a thorough check, but when problem comes -> its wear and tear as mentioned by them.

Car is $100k you need to protect this investment.. Don't follow the mrt example because it is pay me now or pay me later (with compounded issues) Edited by EricChan

quite true and that's why i will stay away from french and conti..... i will have to weight the risk depends on model i get .... so far, only short listed mz6/mz3, k3, QQ, vezel, and waiting for sportage.... all are very "conventional",.. nothing fancy.... [laugh]  

↡ Advertisement