2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

yalor, ..when kia started this "10yrs on engine and 5yrs on gb" warranty, i ever disturb the se, why not 10/10? (i knew no car maker dare to provide 10yrs for gb lar, not even on toyota 4AT gb..) but frankly, 10/5 is already a very good offer... anyway, im not a fan of servicing with AD hence, give me 10/5 also not gonna be a major deciding factor but it does help with that confidence of their product...... [:p]

Ok 5/5 should b sufficient but unlimited mileage preferred
↡ Advertisement

If you look at the price CnC charge for parts and servicing...they would have earn another 4-5 car profit if you stick with them throughout the 10 year.

And.. 10warranty is only on engine.. Parts are not covered.. Once they say wear and tear - you need to pay for the parts and labour to have it changed.

Even when i bought the 2 year care lite maintenance for my citroen with them, and once they say "wear and tear must change", i incure a labour cost PER parts changed. That is how absurb CnC is.

Best part is, they never find any other problem during serivcing when i ask them to do a thorough check, but when problem comes -> its wear and tear as mentioned by them.

Seems like kadjar thread become warranty thread lol

Anyway so i have been religiously servicing my car at komoco to protect my 5 year unlimited warranty. Last year (into 3rd yr of ownership), 3 of my 4 ignition coils spoilt. They replaced them at 0 charge. I was mentally prepared they will say ignition coil spoil is wear and tear but they didn't. Heng ah...i think got at least $1k there..

• Praise 2

Has anyone received their Kadjar and started driving the car? How is it so far?

Doubt so fast will have owners on the road lah...only launched recently...

Seems like kadjar thread become warranty thread lol

Anyway so i have been religiously servicing my car at komoco to protect my 5 year unlimited warranty. Last year (into 3rd yr of ownership), 3 of my 4 ignition coils spoilt. They replaced them at 0 charge. I was mentally prepared they will say ignition coil spoil is wear and tear but they didn't. Heng ah...i think got at least $1k there..

@kar_lover you drive a hyundai?

Why this become a warranty thread becos we love and hate conti =p

We love the design, but really hate the after market services with answer "its like that one lah" of "this is wear and tear, very common, all cars will have this issue one"

Glad that your SC replaces for you! To honour and warrant the warranty is very important!

@kar_lover you drive a hyundai?

Why this become a warranty thread becos we love and hate conti =p

We love the design, but really hate the after market services with answer "its like that one lah" of "this is wear and tear, very common, all cars will have this issue one"

Glad that your SC replaces for you! To honour and warrant the warranty is very important!

Ya i driving Hyundai. Before this was Kia. So far in my 6th year of problem-free Korean car ownership.

My next car supposed to be Tucson but the Kadjar did look nice. I hate all the Renault interiors but the Kadjar one is different and i quite like. But its more expensive than Tucson which is Cat B car.

LOL... as expected.

Car reviews are subjective though coming from a guy who is a professional car reviewer, u expect a fair comment n hopefully not biased. Guess only he will know the truth.

This car on paper seems to tick most boxes n the equipment list is impressive including park assist for parallel, reverse n even diagonal parking which is normally only available in higher end models. Find it hard to accept that the drive is as listless as he claims!

• Praise 6

there's a bias against certain contis, especially those 2nd tier. If Nissan or Toyota logo is slapped on it, the verdict could be different.  :D

Why the predictability ?

Edited by Kangadrool

For those who have had the opportunity to test drive the Kadjar so far, is the driving experience really as anaemic as Chris described? I am inclined to believe that he isn't biased as he had pretty positive things to say about the Clio, Captur, Mégane and Fluence when he reviewed them.

Perhaps the media test drive car hadn't been run in yet? Hmmm.. 

• Praise 1

For those who have had the opportunity to test drive the Kadjar so far, is the driving experience really as anaemic as Chris described? I am inclined to believe that he isn't biased as he had pretty positive things to say about the Clio, Captur, Mégane and Fluence when he reviewed them.

Perhaps the media test drive car hadn't been run in yet? Hmmm.. 

Test drove the Kadjar. Definitely dun see the problem, especially when he say "sweet 1.2T" of the Qashqai. Super face palm.

The torque is strong indeed, but not sudden or rodeo like. I normally drive very light footed, but when the SE ask me to floor the engine, it has a strong but smooth pick up. The Qashqai on the other hand was not that impressive.

My only problem is the price, putting this car against or above the Qashqai 2.0 is not going to cut it in this market. If it were closer to the 1.2T price then the choice is clear.

get this.

• Praise 2

Test drove the Kadjar. Definitely dun see the problem, especially when he say "sweet 1.2T" of the Qashqai. Super face palm.

The torque is strong indeed, but not sudden or rodeo like. I normally drive very light footed, but when the SE ask me to floor the engine, it has a strong but smooth pick up. The Qashqai on the other hand was not that impressive.

My only problem is the price, putting this car against or above the Qashqai 2.0 is not going to cut it in this market. If it were closer to the 1.2T price then the choice is clear.

get this.

With all due respect to Chris Tan who is a seasoned motoring correspondent, I'm just wondering if he ever drive turbo diesel before. Turbo diesel cars have good torque n I've yet to hear anyone saying it comes in suddenly n rodeo like! In fact some comments are that petrol turbos due to the lag, can sometimes be rodeo like but dependent on makes though. So yes whilst I do follow his articles for feedback, kind of hard to accept this particular comment!!

• Praise 5

there's a bias against certain contis, especially those 2nd tier. If Nissan or Toyota logo is slapped on it, the verdict could be different. :D

If you really are a car fan, I believe all of you can see that his reviews are not always right
  • Praise 1

Not test driven the car at all, but ST reviewer comments were (shockingly) condemning.

And cliche his article title , meaning the well known belittling phrase of "more form than substance". But the article also contrasted wildly from much more favorable overseas reviews. How much truism here - eg whether local weather is a factor - is unclear. However one thing is clear , he is an unwelcomed and a likely blacklisted celebrity at Wearnes henceforth.

Edited by EricChan
  • Praise 3

Teat drove the kadjar. I must say, in terms of engine smoothness.. It wins peugeot and citroen. Space wise, bigger than qashqai. SE cannot answer what are the common parts with qashqai though.

Peugeot - too many complain flying out there particularlly on 3008 car stalling suddenly, and monthly affair at SC. It has even escalate into a safety issue.

Citroen - i have alot of ---ve exeprience.. Needless to say

1 thing worrtlying is the dashboard. Its looks expensive to fix is anything is wrong with it. Guess only time will tell how relaible this kadjar will be

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2