Infiniti Q30 Hatchback

Eyke

Dun tink Infiniti will hold those RRP unless they want to swat flies in the showroom.

Sure got "demo car" or "management unit" price....

Neutral Newbie

OK. Test drove the QX30 premium 1.4 diesel

Entered a lucky draw to win a pair of F1 Grandstand tickets (that's a bonus!)

First impressions: Not as SUV as I expected. Height is very low. I have to crouch down to enter the driver's seat (i am 1.7m). Dashboard looks like none other. Passenger rear seats allowance is ok. My knees still have a fist space to move around.

Drive: 200Nm torque. 150bhp. Quite responsive. Choice of Sports, Eco and Manual mode. Steering hardness is fixed. Suspension a bit too stiff for my liking. Can feel the bumps on the road.

Price point: Badge is still unfamiliar to most. For the same price I would get a Volvo S60 or similar.

Engine: Renault DIESEL engine variant; Merc PETROL engine variant

Dun tink Infiniti will hold those RRP unless they want to swat flies in the showroom.

Sure got "demo car" or "management unit" price....

They really were swatting flies in the showroom when I was there yest.

Edited by StevTeo

First impressions: Not as SUV as I expected. Height is very low. I have to crouch down to enter the driver's seat (i am 1.7m). Dashboard looks like none other. Passenger rear seats allowance is ok. My knees still have a fist space to move around.

Drive: 200Nm torque. 150bhp. Quite responsive. Choice of Sports, Eco and Manual mode. Steering hardness is fixed. Suspension a bit too stiff for my liking. Can feel the bumps on the road.

Price point: Badge is still unfamiliar to most. For the same price I would get a Volvo S60 or similar.

I think there is no qx30 in sg. Only q30. U test drove the blue q30 premium. I guess

I think there is no qx30 in sg. Only q30. U test drove the blue q30 premium. I guess

Q30 is comprare to A Class or GLA?

The Q30 is using the same platform that is being used by Mercedes A, B, CLA & GLA. The mechanical are pretty much coming out from the GLA class.

From the "Road & Track" magazine:

"We, too, raised an eyebrow upon first seeing the Q30. As the first physical product to emerge from a development coalition between Infiniti and Daimler-Benz, the Q30 owes much of its existence to the mechanical soul of the Mercedes-Benz GLA-class. Infiniti needs a small crossover in its lineup more than just about anything right now. The Q30 is a new opportunity for Infiniti, which heretofore borrowed from parent Nissan in the development process, and it's admittedly a bold move to use the architecture of a slightly oddball Mercedes-Benz crossover."

Check out the article here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a27326/2017-infiniti-q30-first-drive-more-than-a-little-mercedes/

• Praise 2

Went to see the car. No electric seats for a premium 138k small crossover. Fail.

It's 105bhp. Gruffy Renault diesel.

Edited by Mkl22

Went to see the car. No electric seats for a premium 138k small crossover. Fail.

Went to test drive too. Simply cant make myself sign on the dotted line when A180 is the same price

That was the 1st thought that came in the mind as well... Some of the B&B cars already have these functions and so I don't see why they can't have these function as well.  [shakehead]

They are going to bring in a more basic model with way less features at lower price point (approx $8K lesser). Aiyo...  [crazy]

Should test the 200T if given a chance. But that is another 30K for a more complete hot hatch.

That is touching a whole new spectrum of cars that is available at that price point....A good example will be GLA 200 or A250

From Jeremy Clarkson on the new Q30

"

ONCE, WHEN I worked for the BBC’s Midlands division, I was invited to the opening of what was billed in the promotional pamphlet as “Birmingham’s biggest restaurant”.

And I remember thinking: “Hmmm. I’ve heard of people saying they’d like to go out in the evening for an Italian or a Chinese. I’ve heard people say they’d like to eat somewhere intimate or cosy. But I have never heard anyone say, ‘What I fancy tonight is eating out in a restaurant that’s really big.’ ”

All of which brings me to the car you see in the pictures this morning: the Infiniti Q30. Which is going to be at the top of anyone’s list if they’re after a Mercedes A-class that is built in Britain, badged as an upmarket Nissan and fitted with the diesel engine from a Renault.

I’m not sure, however, I’ve met anyone who has this list of criteria when they’re choosing a new vehicle. A safe car, yes. Or a fast car. Or a car that’s green. But never has anyone ever said to me: “Jeremy. I want a Mercedes, but I’d like it to be a bit more Japanesey with a clattery French heart. Oh, and can it be built in Sunderland?”

• Praise 2

When I first saw the Q30 as a production ready 'concept car' in Germany, I thot "Dang....the design quite swee leh. Maybe can finally consider a Nissan".

After the actual car was launched, almost every motoring review I read was generally negative on the Q30.

What went wrong??

Singapore issue: Selling a rebadged Nissan at a higher price than a Mercs?

will probably end up like the CX-3 or even worse. slowly slowly sell lor.

even 8k lower in price at 130k with reduced features, it will still be tough to move.

i must admit the shape is very nice. but its really uncompetitive in price. the Q30 2.0T is even worse. 175k?... they can keep it lor.

Singapore issue: Selling a rebadged Nissan at a higher price than a Mercs?

Infiniti needs to get the Datsun outta their cars if it wants to play the premium game.

When i sat in the Q50 - dunno why, somehow it screamed Cefiro me.

• Praise 2

So an issue of badge n engine? Design n feature aside, it appeared exclusivity is not there whr a premium brand was put together w diff cheaper parts.

Just wanna make a quick design, mfg n sell at "competitive" price.