A child's future is worth every sacrifice!

Showster

Are your parents still around?

If they are still around, give them a call or visit if you can find time. Buy something they need.

Even if it feels awkward. Even if you have not many topics to talk about with them.

Thanks for the note... I pick up the phone and call my mum... she's a little surprised since I seldom talk to her on the phone.

try to ask her if she need any groceries, and she promptly gave me a shopping list and wants to continue her TV program.... :ignoring::darkmood:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the note... I pick up the phone and call my mum... she's a little surprised since I seldom talk to her on the phone.

try to ask her if she need any groceries, and she promptly gave me a shopping list and wants to continue her TV program.... :ignoring::darkmood:

Haha.. i know the feeling... but lets console ourselves that we are still filial... one day even if we want to feel this way again we will never be able to , after our parents have passed on... i always tell myself now to show them love as if they are going to pass away tmr.. this'll let me hold my tongue and control my temper with them.. after all, they are old and not like when we are small kids and they are at our age now..

* take a look at this short video when you feel your temper rising with them..you'll wish you never did....

Haha.. i know the feeling... but lets console ourselves that we are still filial... one day even if we want to feel this way again we will never be able to , after our parents have passed on... i always tell myself now to show them love as if they are going to pass away tmr.. this'll let me hold my tongue and control my temper with them.. after all, they are old and not like when we are small kids and they are at our age now..

* take a look at this short video when you feel your temper rising with them..you'll wish you never did....

Frankly this is why PAP childhood policy is so wrong.

They just keep increasing childcare subsidies, baby bonus, etc. If I have $200 more a month for childcare, I will send my kid to a childcare that is $200 more expensive. All it does is feed the childcare industry.

They should introduce a year of compulsory pre-primary school for everyone like what WP is suggesting. That will help to defray a year of childcare cost plus help to even out the playing field before primary school.

thanks for the sharing

my own experience - for the sake of my kids, wife resigned to stay home and give them more attention. very painful financially for a middle class family in SG

subsequently, i rejected an overseas posting that would have almost tripled my income, as i couldn't bring my family over (not conducive for kids) and i couldn't bear to not see them everyday

such decisions made at that time were painful and with some regrets.. however now on hindsight, absolutely no regrets! hope my experience can bring some comfort to those who are working hard for their families

• Praise 3

(edited)

The pictures are heartwrenching to say the least. Do treasure your loved ones. Hope everyone has a great weekend with some time for family.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/filipino-girl-who-had-mystery-illness-dies

Friends, strangers pay tribute to girl who doctors here diagnose with rare leukaemia

She will be remembered as a courageous little girl who never failed to smile despite her battle with a rare form of leukaemia.

More than 200 people packed a funeral parlour in Sin Ming Drive last night to pay their respects to three-year-old Caitlin Soleil Lucas, who died just before noon yesterday.

She and her family had flown to Singapore from their home in Manila in late February in the hope that doctors here would be able to diagnose Caitlin's mystery illness, which first surfaced as insect bites on her feet and then led to a host of life-threatening symptoms.

Her condition was later found to be juvenile myelomonocytic leukaemia, a cancer that affects about one in a million children.

She had been receiving treatment for her illness, but yesterday morning had to be sedated and intubated after suffering breathing difficulties due to a lung infection.

Just before noon yesterday, her parents posted on her Facebook page Courageous Caitie: "Today our daughter has gone to Jesus."

It was followed by their last family photo, in which her 30-year-old mother, Ms Christine Del Feliz Lucas, is shown embracing Caitlin, with her 34-year-old father, Mr Jericho Jose Lucas, by their side.

From 7.30pm, friends, church members and even strangers who had been following Caitlin's Facebook page turned up to pay tribute to her. The crowd spilled outside the hall, with some standing in the carpark.

"She was an inspiration to many of us," said Mr Philip Cu, a nurse in his 30s. "She was always calm and tackled her condition with such courage."

Many brought flowers in shades of pink, which they placed in front of her white coffin next to a sketch of her portrait. There were also pink and purple balloons tied up in the hall.

As a church band led the crowd in songs of worship, Caitlin's parents arrived at about 9pm and were visibly touched and overwhelmed by the huge turnout.

Ms Feliz broke down several times as she urged the crowd to move closer into the hall. Later, she wept beside her daughter's coffin and whispered: "I'm so proud of you. Look at all the people."

Research manager Apple Dela Rosa-Dollente, 30, said: "I don't know the family personally but I visited Caitlin once when she was in the hospital. I was really touched by how she always had the strength to smile even when she was in pain."

The family will fly back to the Philippines today for a wake. Caitlin will be cremated on Sunday.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

I flew into a range last night w my younger daughter. Still feeling really guilt stricken n down all morning.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

The pictures are heartwrenching to say the least. Do treasure your loved ones. Hope everyone has a great weekend with some time for family.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/filipino-girl-who-had-mystery-illness-dies

unspeakably tragic... only comfort to me is caitie is now in heaven and will one day reunite with her parents... 

Hence, we should all celebrate life while we are still living. Put aside all pettiness, hate and jealousy.

Why some of us spend so much time worrying or waste time thinking about death during our living time which is very short, why cant we start to think of death only after after death when there is an eternality.

For the living, we should be the best of who we are, do what we can for others to enrich both others and our own lives, love life like there is NO tomorrow.

• Praise 5

Don't be too hard on yourself. I am sure you did it for good reasons.

Hopes she is still young and will get over it quickly but understand why you flew into a rage.

I flew into a range last night w my younger daughter. Still feeling really guilt stricken n down all morning.

• Praise 1

(edited)

i'm losing my temper very frequently by my Dg.

Me and my wife were having it bad 3 weeks back, we just keep getting enraged in turn by her behaviour. My wife also super buay tahan her.

It improved about 2 weeks ago when my wife sent me a video of her playing with this bath toy that my wife bought for her. Then we both decided to tone down again after we realised she's still very young after all.

So now we try to be more patient again, lower our expectations. Not easy with her demands.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

Angry with your child is normal if they are naughty and not becoz you have a bad day.

Don't beat yourself too much. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

i'm losing my temper very frequently by my Dg.

Me and my wife were having it bad 3 weeks back, we just keep getting enraged in turn by her behaviour. My wife also super buay tahan her.

It improved about 2 weeks ago when my wife sent me a video of her playing with this bath toy that my wife bought for her. Then we both decided to tone down again after we realised she's still very young after all.

So now we try to be more patient again, lower our expectations. Not easy with her demands.

Children are attention seekers, be it for good or bad behaviors. If bad behaviors can get daddy/mummy's attention, still good attention to her.

Sometimes have to ignore the child and she has to learn to be by herself.

• Praise 1

Children are attention seekers, be it for good or bad behaviors. If bad behaviors can get daddy/mummy's attention, still good attention to her.

Sometimes have to ignore the child and she has to learn to be by herself.

Her tantrums are quite record long.

1 hr is sup sup sui. 

Record is almost 4 hrs.

In mornings especially, can be every single morning.

Like now even at the best of times, it takes my wife about 30mins to get her to brush her teeth and change up.