Coney Island will open on Oct 10 to the public

Shibadog

ok guys! this gonna be real fun!!!!! let moi recommend some hardcore yet cheap torchlights from 过路者 from taobao :a-whiteflag:

their shop:https://glzhw.world.tmall.com/?spm=a312a.7700824.0.0.2pzAQw

their torchlights: https://glzhw.world.tmall.com/category-696307343.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4010-2670495787.24.WFq8nB&search=y&parentCatId=696307342&parentCatName=%C7%BF%B9%E2%CA%D6%B5%E7--LED%B5%C6%D0%BE%B7%D6%C0%E0%A3%A9&catName=T6%2FU2%2FL2%CF%B5%C1%D0#bd

their head lights:

https://glzhw.world.tmall.com/category-696318254.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4010-2670495787.41.Na1B7K&search=y&parentCatId=385445742&parentCatName=%CD%B7%B5%C6&catName=T6%2FU2%2FL2%B5%C6%C5%DD%C7%BF%B9%E2%CF%B5%C1%D0#bd

personally I like headlight because it keeps my hands free [grin]

mustank recommendation: when you buy, make sure you choose either the T6, U2 or L2 series. this is a very powerful bulb. size doesn't matter. a bigger size just means you can put more batteries in. doesn't do jack shit, other than add usage time. something like adding an extra fuel tank. just remember, don't go and choose the Q or R series. T6, U2 and L2 are true hardcore shit :serious-business:

bonus hardcore shit: http://world.tmall.com/item/39838668476.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4011-2670495789.119.WFq8nB&id=39838668476&rn=6ae80b166525c996ebd84ea0293a05d9&abbucket=8

:XD:

with so many hardcore shit, now you can go horny island at night!!!! :grin:

510227585_573.jpg

I had a T6 LED torch light. Bought at Shenzhen. Very powerful.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

At least there are shops at Amanohashidate as compared to coney island. Maybe that's why people go there find nothing much to see and boring?! Lol.

Maybe these people expect to find some shops like those found in along ECP & pulau ubin, as the place indicated as island ma. But is there any stray dogs at coney island? I would not want this place same like last time when punggol waterfront opened with many stray dogs which attack passer-by.

Singaporean just cannot appreciate rustic nature....any place without a shop they will start to complaint boring.

It was similar when I ask for advice on mcf for trip to Adelaide, many bros here said boring..

But my family and I enjoy a lot driving and stay at nearby small town and visit the kangaroo island whichis 9X Singapore size with only a few thousands residents..

• Praise 5

The walk is quite pleasant.

Can stay on the main path or walk into the promenades and beach areas which are cooler as the trees there are denser.

Really have to bring your own water to stay hydrated.

Hmm ... think I should set up my ice bandung stall at the east entrance ... :ph34r:

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 5

This weekend trip spoilt by the haze!

How's the sand flies situation? Going with my boy, is it really that bad??

Thanks

quote name="Blueray" post="5632533" timestamp="1445755133"]

Can stay on the main path or walk into the promenades and beach areas which are cooler as the trees there are denser.

Hmm ... think I should set up my ice bandung stall at the east entrance ... :ph34r:

• Praise 1

Just spotted a pair of eagles in EC :)

Didnt see any at coney island though

Posted at 3.27a.m. .....hmmm....you got yourself a pair of night vision binoculars right? Cool sia!!! [laugh]

[:p]

• Praise 10

Thanks

Did not encounter any ... maybe cos psi > 150 all sand flies :a-rip:  already ?

• Praise 2

Posted at 3.27a.m. .....hmmm....you got yourself a pair of night vision binoculars right? Cool sia!!! [laugh]

[:p]

Hehehe........i meant that day, not there and then......i very timid de.....u wont see me appear out in middle of the night lor [laugh][grin]

• Praise 4

Thanks

quote name="Blueray" post="5632533" timestamp="1445755133"]

Can stay on the main path or walk into the promenades and beach areas which are cooler as the trees there are denser.

Bad haze

Need 100w xmm-t6 torchlight to see [grin]

• Praise 4

Hehehe........i meant that day, not there and then......i very timid de.....u wont see me appear out in middle of the night lor [laugh][grin]

keke...just teasing [:p]

Bad haze

Taobao-ing now!!!! [laugh]

• Praise 9

keke...just teasing [:p]

Bad haze

Taobao-ing now!!!! [laugh]

Those t6 torchlight so cheap

One for $10-$20 nia

Sg anytime also $40 up

• Praise 1

When young I canoe to the mosquito infested island before during outwardbound school. I think now it's very different. The Npark has even build link-bridges on both ends to the island. See Google maps.

you can also see this from HDB hub at toa payoh

I had a T6 LED torch light. Bought at Shenzhen. Very powerful.

ermm....

depends on the objective

I thought coney island was meant to help singapore's population growth rate.

Not sure if the torch would help...

• Praise 1

I went coney island last Saturday with my 2 kids, (while my CO do housework at home)

shhhhh gd excuse to siam do hourse chores on weekends.

many teenagers and families were there ..cycling.

saw some monkeys

didn't see any cow and boar (only signages not to feed them zzzzz)

some were fishing..but didn't see them caught any.

sea water kinda dirty with lotsa dumps zzzz

once is enough for me..probably wont go again

• Praise 7

Was there last Sunday with my son cycling

Lots of people walking n cycling

No wild monkey, cow or ....

Saw some old folks fishing there, and 1 group bringing in fishing gear...

Think no one to enforce no fishing rule there

Experience: ok, will go again for cycling, mayb to pugol side

• Praise 2

Its a good spot for walks and cycling especially with young children. Enjoyed the mangrove boardwalk although its a bit too short to really make an impression. Saw monkeys but no bull. Also lots of rubbish bags piled up at the beaches. I think it is down to the maturity of each individual to maintain this park. I did not see dustbins so I expect rubbish to pile up in land and on the shores.

• Praise 4

Not that bad la, the haze made it worse, for nature lovers and all , love to bits, not for the cosy and dude who are couch potatoes.

Where else can one find this rustic place in Coney isle, let alone appreciate the idyllic charm and wannaway of concrete jungle . . .we sillyporean only know air-con, shopping and eating.

Personally, it's place for me and my partner who goes there on and off, let off stress  . . .

• Praise 1

please don't suggest commercializing coney island

leave it in its natural state

this is the best gift for our future generations

The lsland had already been earmarked for water front housing project......

I have a friend who went there also kena bitten by unknown insect, whole leg full of red spot!

it was reported there are sand files in the beach area.......so must be kana bitten by these files..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1