When buying new/used,do you take up car loan or pay in full?

Girlgirlzz

Do you take car loan or are you able to pay car in full amount one shot? Which is better when buying new car/used car - to put 50% downpayment and then the remaining 50% amount use car loan, OR pay one shot in full? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Thanks. [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Girlgirlzz
↡ Advertisement

The troublesome thing is that car price is usually $xxx,999.

So I usually bring a small bag containing the $xxx,000 cash. For the remaining $999 - I still have to re-trace my steps to pick up the spare change that has been dropping out of my pocket.

:XD:

depends lah.

so many factors. 2nd hand or new.

usually 2-300k those kind of cheap cars just full cash lor.

not so leceh mah.

one small bag enough liaoz mah

• Praise 2

can ... pay full

cannot ... take loan

if can and don't want to pay full

can you generate higher return than the interest charged for the loan

effective interest rate is > 5%

if want to enjoy the finance rebate ...

then take minimum loan as required

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Full cash and ask when to collect. Dun need to wait for the silly bids, we all do this unless it's a custom Bentley, then must indent first and wait for confirmation, only then can pay in full.

• Praise 4

Wow, I see that many people reply to this thread and say pay the full amount one shot, without taking loan. Not trolling me right?? For example a 100k standard normal car, u guys and girls also paid in full cash no joke??

Aiyoo... Really lahh.. I wanna know if usually people will pay in full cash when buying cars or they will usually take up loan? Because I heard from some of my friends that if were to pay in full one shot, then the dealers will not really care when the car is spoilt when driving for like few months or something, the warranty issues thingy. So even if they are able to pay in full, they will hold back first. Is this true??

Edited by Girlgirlzz

Wow, I see that many people reply to this thread and say pay the full amount one shot, without taking loan. Not trolling me right?? For example a 100k standard normal car, u guys and girls also paid in full cash no joke??

Aiyoo... Really lahh.. I wanna know if usually people will pay in full cash when buying cars or they will usually take up loan? Because I heard from some of my friends that if were to pay in full one shot, then the dealers will not really care when the car is spoilt when driving for like few months or something, the warranty issues thingy. So even if they are able to pay in full, they will hold back first. Is this true??

No such thing lah. Customer is customer.

Not true la, pay full cash is always better if you can

This should not be a key consideration during car purchase

If u r looking at buying used car, getting a reliable dealer is much more important. Do your research well.

Really? Like tt meaning it doesn't really matter if pay in full or not? Just the interest rate thats all la?

They obviously prefer if you take loan so they can earn the bank loan commission, but they not going to stop you if you pay full cash.

I mean, think about it. Someone who can pay full cash for a car, obviously has some clout, no? So how can they mistreat him? That's crazy right?

• Praise 2

Some agents ask for a few k more if paying in cash. They say the listed price is there as an incentive for taking loans. You also cannot pay more upfront as there is a minimum loan amount to take.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7