When buying new/used,do you take up car loan or pay in full?

Girlgirlzz

Some agents ask for a few k more if paying in cash. They say the listed price is there as an incentive for taking loans. You also cannot pay more upfront as there is a minimum loan amount to take.

Hmmm, you mentioned there is minimum loan amount to take?? There's really such thing? Even if you wanna pay in full upfront, they don't allow also ahh... Wow, few k more if pay all upfront. I still thought if pay all upfront have discount of something. Now I know. Thanks for explanation. :)

They obviously prefer if you take loan so they can earn the bank loan commission, but they not going to stop you if you pay full cash.

I mean, think about it. Someone who can pay full cash for a car, obviously has some clout, no? So how can they mistreat him? That's crazy right?

Quite true ...

↡ Advertisement

Some agents ask for a few k more if paying in cash. They say the listed price is there as an incentive for taking loans. You also cannot pay more upfront as there is a minimum loan amount to take.

Only the small timers do this.

The big dealers and ADs accept full payment with no penalty, no issue.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wow, I see that many people reply to this thread and say pay the full amount one shot, without taking loan. Not trolling me right?? For example a 100k standard normal car, u guys and girls also paid in full cash no joke??

This is what they call the MCF Welcome Ceremony

• Praise 1

pay in full if you got the cash. if you know how to invest your money, then pay the minimal and invest the rest to get better returns

Edited by Dafansu

Wow, I see that many people reply to this thread and say pay the full amount one shot, without taking loan. Not trolling me right?? For example a 100k standard normal car, u guys and girls also paid in full cash no joke??

Aiyoo... Really lahh.. I wanna know if usually people will pay in full cash when buying cars or they will usually take up loan? Because I heard from some of my friends that if were to pay in full one shot, then the dealers will not really care when the car is spoilt when driving for like few months or something, the warranty issues thingy. So even if they are able to pay in full, they will hold back first. Is this true??

Pay full or loan no difference. You loan from bank not them.

The only think is some dealers require you to take loan so they can offer that price. Cos they want to earn commission. You calculated the interest you are paying for the loan vs the discount dealer giving to see which paying option more worth in the long run.

It happens it China quite a lot...

http://finance.591hx.com/article/2015-04-21/0000455939s.shtml

6372470132416555397.jpg

13191347_980x1200_198.jpg

If money is clean, clean; nothing to hide, pay full cash is better. No further liabilities. This also ensures that you are buying a car because you really can afford to. As we know, many buy a car but they can barely afford the monthly repayments and upkeep.

BTW, the one in pink (in the picture) is man or woman? Scary.

BTW, the one in pink (in the picture) is man or woman? Scary.

This is a stereotypical Aunty Tai Tai imagine of the 80s.

Talk about cliché....lol

Only the small timers do this.

The big dealers and ADs accept full payment with no penalty, no issue.

Some years back, bought a B&B car from TC, was told need to take a minimum one year $30k loan to get an extra $1+k discount...

Everyone, please respect intellectual property rights when using the word fullcash©

Edited by Mohjoe

I wondered why would someone post this topic here. Never do analysis here our Bros advocate in full cash payment very strongly.

Then i check Ts and its you. Who bidded $1/ $2 for Coe.

If you can afford buy lo. Cannot, can either take b. M. W or choose to marry someone who can afford to buy also works. I assume you are a girl.

For me, I paid full cash for used cars. Loan 60% for new ones.

Dont know how you guys do it.

I usually take 70% loan and drive to the end.

Life is quite tough especially now jobless.

Need to borrow from friends and relatives in the meantime look to sell my possessions.

Anyone keen to buy Mazda2 fullcash $38k only from me?

Thank you for youR help.

Aiyoo... Really lahh.. I wanna know if usually people will pay in full cash when buying cars or they will usually take up loan? Because I heard from some of my friends that if were to pay in full one shot, then the dealers will not really care when the car is spoilt when driving for like few months or something, the warranty issues thingy. So even if they are able to pay in full, they will hold back first. Is this true??

Aiyo....u no meet our MCF sifu ah?

Juz look for the greasy cloth. All your financial worries are over.

Wait, what does MCF means?? Is it maintenance, cost, future of the car? I tried googling for the short form but cannot find the meaning to fit inside?? Can anyone explain? Thanks..

Edited by Girlgirlzz
↡ Advertisement