New Renault Megane - very 3 series

Sdf4786k

668593_1.jpg

nice to see that the demo unit is for sale.

Recently saw a similar unit displayed at Westgate. Any idea what's the sale price of the demo unit?
↡ Advertisement

Renault is reliable ? Tell that to the owners of Renault cars that have disappeared over the years. Lol. From my own experience and of other Renault car forumers, Renault meant every weekend meet at workshop. Even things like key chamber also can spoil. Their infamous wheel bearing problem need to repair every few months and timing belt failures resulting in overhauling was common.

Though i nvr had a renault sedan before, my experience with the kangoo is more than enough... Even with the nv200 now,(which also has some renault parts in it), i have had some bad experiences... Feel the parts and materials arent durable... For me, so long as renault is involved in the design, i wouldnt want to get involved again. Only thing is it does have good ride... My personal experience and opinion

Recently saw a similar unit displayed at Westgate. Any idea what's the sale price of the demo unit?

126K.. But am sure its negotiable. 

New was 132 - 135K if I am not wrong. Do a "second hand" dealer speech pattern / offer lor.. 30 K off 135K which is 105K.

126K.. But am sure its negotiable.

New was 132 - 135K if I am not wrong. Do a "second hand" dealer speech pattern / offer lor.. 30 K off 135K which is 105K.

Good deal!

Experienced indeed..."molested" by many, many! OK if you prefer not to do the 6k km running in yourself.

LOL.

With the rebate level after 10 years only $2500 i'd be inclined to renew my Renault diesel if my needs are still the same and the car is mechanically sound.

But having been at the 10 year mark once, it's hard to say. I was dead set on renewing my little Peugeot 107. All the way into the 9th year. Then there was a series of small but irritating problems which had to be fixed, and unfortunately, only AutoFrance could fix it. And my backside became itchy (started after I was wandering around the Peugeot showroom waiting for the workshop to be done with my car haha), and I ended up buying a Renault.

Just felt couldn't be sure if the car could tahan another 5 years. Of course I'd driven it 170K km by then, and the 107 is an entry-level car so maybe that's too much to expect.

In general I feel most wouldn't have the guts to renew a small conti player like Renault. If not fear of expensive parts, then fear of unavailability of parts. Esp. if diesel cars will become increasingly rare. Less concerned about the diesel engine parts because commercial vehicles use the Renault-NIssan engine, but more model specific non-engine parts like aircon, cooling, brakes etc. That may be hard to find, or must wait for them.

But as they say, who knows man. Hard to say now 10 years from the event. So much can change by then!

U may want to ask around for commercial vehicles that uses diesel. I think a little laychay with the particle filters n of course the emission n black smog if u don't follow the maintenance that makes it lta unfriendly

They don't keep cars that are unreliable... those models that are kept are the reliable ones... in addition, many in the West accept a certain level of unreliability as part of the cost of maintaining an old car...

Well you were keeping a Peugeot... not the best example of reliability in the motoring world... in addition, I must say that if you want to keep it beyond 10 years, you have to change many major parts that have become worn... most people spend around $10,000 refurbishing the car so that it can last another 10 years... 

Renault isn't a small brand... they do sell a significant number of cars annually... and the Renault-Nissan alliance (born of Nissan's bankruptcy) has injected Renaults with the same level of reliability as Nissan... I have quite a bit of confidence in the reliability of Renault vis-a-vis Citroen and Peugeot... it's just that their build quality for the Fluence leaves much to be desired...

My Peugeot 107 was an interesting joint venture between Toyota, Peugeot and Citroen. Toyota provided the engine which proved to be quite reliable and punchy for its size. Don't think I had to replace anything engine related in the 9 years I had the car (and after 170K km). One of the reasons why I wanted to keep the car haha.

It'll always be cheaper to renew the COE of a 10 year old than buy a new car if it's just $ you're considering. Off the bat it's at least $30K cheaper. 

But I had to factor in downtime during repairs in my decision to buy or extend a car coz I work in a super ulu place. For that last repair on my Peugeot, the car was in the shop for almost a month because it took a while to figure out what was wrong and the part had to be shipped in. The rarer your car, the less likely the dealer will have less common parts in stock. That was what I was thinking of when I was referencing car popularity and Renault. Fewer Renaults, smaller pool of spare parts I feel. 

So, the possible inconvenience has to be factored in. It's not that big a deal because the car doesn't break down often, but when it's down for a month, it is!

My Peugeot 107 was an interesting joint venture between Toyota, Peugeot and Citroen. Toyota provided the engine which proved to be quite reliable and punchy for its size. Don't think I had to replace anything engine related in the 9 years I had the car (and after 170K km). One of the reasons why I wanted to keep the car haha.

It'll always be cheaper to renew the COE of a 10 year old than buy a new car if it's just $ you're considering. Off the bat it's at least $30K cheaper.

But I had to factor in downtime during repairs in my decision to buy or extend a car coz I work in a super ulu place. For that last repair on my Peugeot, the car was in the shop for almost a month because it took a while to figure out what was wrong and the part had to be shipped in. The rarer your car, the less likely the dealer will have less common parts in stock. That was what I was thinking of when I was referencing car popularity and Renault. Fewer Renaults, smaller pool of spare parts I feel.

So, the possible inconvenience has to be factored in. It's not that big a deal because the car doesn't break down often, but when it's down for a month, it is!

One way is to stock up wear and tear replacement parts lor...

Collected my car on the 28th.  [thumbsup]  Sent for titanium coating at CS 2 as there is no requirement to go in for maintenance. Warranty for 3 yrs and if the the level of shinning goes below the level they indicated after the coating they will touch up free.

On Tue fixed dash cam. got the Thinkware F770. Enjpoying the ride. Done 200 Km so far and enjoying and learning. Plannning to check out the R-Link this weekend. Any owners tried that out?

• Praise 1

668593_1.jpg

nice to see that the demo unit is for sale.

This is the management unit. Consider used i think. Heard that wearnes may not bring in the gt anymore.they only have about 2 new units left. The test drive unit is a white one.

Collected my car on the 28th. [thumbsup] Sent for titanium coating at CS 2 as there is no requirement to go in for maintenance. Warranty for 3 yrs and if the the level of shinning goes below the level they indicated after the coating they will touch up free.

On Tue fixed dash cam. got the Thinkware F770. Enjpoying the ride. Done 200 Km so far and enjoying and learning. Plannning to check out the R-Link this weekend. Any owners tried that out?

Bro, Congrats on your new ride !! Just sharing my experience in CS2 titanium coating. I done my titanium coating back in March. In July it shinningness started to wear off a little especially on the bonnet. You can see the differences. Although it said it doesn't need any maintenance for 3 years , you should sent in for claybar wash ($20) once in 2-3 months. I washed my car in petrol station weekly. since i sent in my car for the claybar in July, the shinningness came back like brand new car.

This is the management unit. Consider used i think. Heard that wearnes may not bring in the gt anymore.they only have about 2 new units left. The test drive unit is a white one.

thats quite unfortunate.

Probably the price point and the low demand from buyers.

Performance at 8.6 sec for zero to 100 is consider a warm hatch.

Bro, Congrats on your new ride !! Just sharing my experience in CS2 titanium coating. I done my titanium coating back in March. In July it shinningness started to wear off a little especially on the bonnet. You can see the differences. Although it said it doesn't need any maintenance for 3 years , you should sent in for claybar wash ($20) once in 2-3 months. I washed my car in petrol station weekly. since i sent in my car for the claybar in July, the shinningness came back like brand new car.

Thought you shouldn't wash your car at petrol stations once coating applied? The coating will wear off easily by the shampoo.

Thought you shouldn't wash your car at petrol stations once coating applied? The coating will wear off easily by the shampoo.

You can wash car in petrol station ( i did confirmed this with CS2) just don't go for polishing /wax.

• Praise 1

What is claybar wash and where can we do it?

Congrats, gshajisg!

Hatch or sedan? D or P?

See u on the roads..

Sedan 1.5 Privilage. Diesel

Edited by gshajisg
↡ Advertisement