New Renault Megane - very 3 series

Sdf4786k

Test drove the GT model 2 days ago.

The interior really damned refreshing..mini tesla center console..

The comfort mode drive was great n responsive.. The RS sport mode drive was very torquey n Shiok..

Interior space not bad n looks rather comfortable for passengers..

Price wise a bit rigid @ 139k ..if can sign on the spot, maybe 2-3k off the price...

SE was very understanding that Renault is a very difficult brand to accept for those looking at conti cars but I told him this time round Renault seemed to hit the nail with the design n engine specs ..warranty n svc packages not bad..

I told him if this car is price at between 125-130k , they got a great Chance to capture this market segment.. Told him Seat came with so much promises but end up with a whimper due to pricing ..

Those who like a semi hot n comfort hatch , I strongly urge u guys to test drive this sleeper..

Anyway, I'm waiting for his call for the early bird price..

Have you booked one? I too went to try, definitely a fun car. SE was willing to thrown in stuff, but didnt seem to want to reduce the price. 

• Praise 1

Have you booked one? I too went to try, definitely a fun car. SE was willing to thrown in stuff, but didnt seem to want to reduce the price.

Hi Bro, didn't booked as the price was too ex for me..

Wowo V40 CC is going for S$140k n if really want to buy, Wowo gets my vote..

So at the moment, will go down to showrooms to Ka chao those SEs

• Praise 6

Latest price Salvo from Renoo.. Megane GT @ $133999 plus the usual freebies.. new car price.. Still ex.. told him 125k , I will seriously consider

• Praise 6

Latest price Salvo from Renoo.. Megane GT @ $133999 plus the usual freebies.. new car price.. Still ex.. told him 125k , I will seriously considerð¬ð¬ cheapo me.

Bro, tot ur target price is 132k? So fast adjust dwnwards. Wat is the omv for gt? Gt is the range betwn std and rs megane. And 205bhp. So can't view it as a Base megane or conti range. I feel.

Bro, tot ur target price is 132k? So fast adjust dwnwards. Wat is the omv for gt? Gt is the range betwn std and rs megane. And 205bhp. So can't view it as a Base megane or conti range. I feel.

Adjusting to current COE level...
  • Praise 6

wah.. GT 205 bhp?

nice...

Btw, can someone inform Renoo Mktg dept. to update the New Megane pics at sgcarmart..

Pics tell a thousand words..

One bloody miserable pic n u expect us to google for more pics..

This sums up Renoo overall lax attitude although to them is small matter..Maybe their sales target achieved liao..

• Praise 10

Btw, can someone inform Renoo Mktg dept. to update the New Megane pics at sgcarmart..

Pics tell a thousand words..

One bloody miserable pic n u expect us to google for more pics..

This sums up Renoo overall lax attitude although to them is small matter..Maybe their sales target achieved liao..

I believe they are being practical..

No point pushing sales if the consumer behavior is still french car equals lots of electrical problems and expensive repair.

If they add 5 year warranty "Maybe" get more sales.

Already the sales volume not that fantastic, small market.

So lets say move things aside, get aggressive and push sales, what would the end result be?

Need more backend to support cars. Operation cost goes up, but did not catered to this and hence margin too low when the agressive push for sales. Now bigger problem as pressure to move cars and stigma of service poor.

In order to push sales, you need factory support. In order for factory support, you need to commit sales volume.

Might as well just operate like a kopitiam uncle in a hdb setting. Got enough biz to not starve but not enough to become filthy rich...

Sdf. U got it exactly right.

People don't seem to get this.

They think the ADs are super hungry for sales thats why should reduce the car price.

But ADs have other concerns beyond margins.

Just hope it's a little more popular, but not too popular. [laugh]

Service and warranty is excellent. Managed to claim wear and tear parts; some wear and tear parts also replaced without being asked if you religiously service there during warranty period.

No point pushing sales if the consumer behavior is still french car equals lots of electrical problems and expensive repair.

So lets say move things aside, get aggressive and push sales, what would the end result be?

Need more backend to support cars. Operation cost goes up, but did not catered to this and hence margin too low when the agressive push for sales. Now bigger problem as pressure to move cars and stigma of service poor.

In order to push sales, you need factory support. In order for factory support, you need to commit sales volume.

Might as well just operate like a kopitiam uncle in a hdb setting. Got enough biz to not starve but not enough to become filthy rich...

• Praise 3

If you don't meet the minimum sales targets expected by the manufacturer... you'll just lose the distributorship... I don't see why sales volumes and margins are not the be all and end all... if they get huge interest and they can't cope with servicing, then it gets simple, just don't void warranty for those who do their servicing outside... I mean they'll probably relent judiciously... anyway it's not like Renault hasn't had huge sales before... the previous Megane was a big volume seller... I guess they coped with the servicing demand...

• Praise 2

If you don't meet the minimum sales targets expected by the manufacturer... you'll just lose the distributorship... I don't see why sales volumes and margins are not the be all and end all... if they get huge interest and they can't cope with servicing, then it gets simple, just don't void warranty for those who do their servicing outside... I mean they'll probably relent judiciously... anyway it's not like Renault hasn't had huge sales before... the previous Megane was a big volume seller... I guess they coped with the servicing dema

Wondering kmc is struggling with this or not, hahaha

• Praise 2

If that's the case , also no point to get or try frenchie cars..

Really wasted their previous F1 investment cum experiences n not leveraging on their F1 pedigree to boost up their sales here..

Anyway, AD got money to burn so it's ok..

• Praise 12