New Renault Megane - very 3 series

Sdf4786k

Heard that over 30 new meganes have been booked since launch. Last checked 2 weeks ago.

thats what I was told during the SEAT launch as well..

LOL

↡ Advertisement

If that's the case , also no point to get or try frenchie cars..

Really wasted their previous F1 investment cum experiences n not leveraging on their F1 pedigree to boost up their sales here..

Anyway, AD got money to burn so it's ok..

I believe they are being practical..

No point pushing sales if the consumer behavior is still french car equals lots of electrical problems and expensive repair.

If they add 5 year warranty "Maybe" get more sales.

Already the sales volume not that fantastic, small market.

So lets say move things aside, get aggressive and push sales, what would the end result be?

Need more backend to support cars. Operation cost goes up, but did not catered to this and hence margin too low when the agressive push for sales. Now bigger problem as pressure to move cars and stigma of service poor.

In order to push sales, you need factory support. In order for factory support, you need to commit sales volume.

Might as well just operate like a kopitiam uncle in a hdb setting. Got enough biz to not starve but not enough to become filthy rich...

The SEs @ Renoo also must eat mah,.

No sales how to bring back the bacon?

So , Renoo being practical = Ai lai mai swat.

• Praise 7

The SEs @ Renoo also must eat mah,.

No sales how to bring back the bacon?

So , Renoo being practical = Ai lai mai swat.

Edited by Sdf4786k

If you don't meet the minimum sales targets expected by the manufacturer... you'll just lose the distributorship... I don't see why sales volumes and margins are not the be all and end all... if they get huge interest and they can't cope with servicing, then it gets simple, just don't void warranty for those who do their servicing outside... I mean they'll probably relent judiciously... anyway it's not like Renault hasn't had huge sales before... the previous Megane was a big volume seller... I guess they coped with the servicing demand...

ok.. what about alfa. 

Will we see a change in dealers ?

I doubt its just happy happy don't perform we terminate.

More like there are suitors and I want to see who is more hungry.

those that are keen to look at the GT, its only available at the main showroom.

IMM do not have this on the roadshow.

Edited by Sdf4786k

ok.. what about alfa.

Will we see a change in dealers ?

I doubt its just happy happy don't perform we terminate.

More like there are suitors and I want to see who is more hungry.

those that are keen to look at the GT, its only available at the main showroom.

IMM do not have this on the roadshow.

Alfa has no bargaining power... they're a low volume seller even in Europe... they're a niche brand, they can't cope with increased production anyway... Fiat group is in trouble also... so I think the Singapore market is the least of their worries...

Alfa has no bargaining power... they're a low volume seller even in Europe... they're a niche brand, they can't cope with increased production anyway... Fiat group is in trouble also... so I think the Singapore market is the least of their worries...

so were FIAT. Renault only sells in volume to taxis and commercial. Its actually a thinly disguise Korean Car.

Only way for Renault to come back to making a major impact will be in 2018 when they launch the Camless engine.

The new Renault megane is Diesel engine ? How much will it affect if I were to buy this car, according to this year's budget on diesel vehicle? Does it mean higher road tax, Higher pump prices? What about the rebate for diesel cars the government is talking about? I'm totally lost. Sorry I sound so stupid but Can someone please explain to me?

• Praise 1

It's a French Corolla. :D

The Megane II built after 2009 were rock solid in terms of reliability. Many people don't believe.

If I'm not wrong, latio use the same engine as megane... And it's damn reliable...

It's a French Corolla. :D

The Megane II built after 2009 were rock solid in terms of reliability. Many people don't believe.

Might be true but French is......well, French. C'est la vie.

The dual clutch gearbox technology never had any problems until the Germans decided to save on maintenance by reducing the oil required for operation through a 'dry' clutch system... and no other manufacturer had the same worldwide issues except Volkswagen... they cut the margins too fine... just like Samsung did with the Note 7... these days, the 'dry' dual clutch gearbox doesn't give problems anymore... Volkswagen is still using it... this edition is probably the third version by now...

Supercharged

Only way for Renault to come back to making a major impact will be in 2018 when they launch the Camless engine.

Got source?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If the Germans can't get dual clutch right, I shudder to think what the French could do....

You should also include Honda( vezel hybrid is using dual clutch and it has gone thru many round of recall)....hehe
  • Praise 1

The Megane sedan is now available in 1.2TCe petrol version in Singapore. It is fitted with the Efficient Dual Clutch transmission.

Checked the website of Renault Singapore, it hasn't indicate anything on the petrol model.

↡ Advertisement