2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

(edited)

Same here I am on tier 2 and I had confirmed it with my se a second time.

I believe you did state that in your earlier post.

Suppose they don't believe that tier 2 will not be able to get their bid. Maybe we are the exceptions to the norm?

Then that bags even more questions which require thorough checking. Appreciate the 2 posters can provide us with more views?

I believe there are also others who can provide us with other insightful views or share with us their experience.

i suppose with the tier 2 (at that time when COE did not rise up like crazy) they only have a budget of around 2 to 3k to play with (if it happens to rise)

for tier 3 i think is quite fix and limited, dun think they got budget to play with since they already give you the best price. (if the COE drop maybe they will earn. but if rise den can forget totally abt this tier)

so i suppose with this kind of rise.. which appears to be more than 5k? which explains why tier 2 didnt manage to get.

unless you are to pay for the price for the (new & current COE) tier 2.. which should be able to get it.

if not it really makes no sense with the past purchase price and you think you get the car now..

hyundai already very good liao i believe.. they come out with 3 different standard of elantra with the same engine (which is the most important)

so in simple, if you think you cannot get with the present COE price with your previous purchase power, maybe you can just opt for a lower standard?

seriously i drive elite and not much diff from GLS apart from the LED light & elite tag from outside.

Edited by peanuttay
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Same here I am on tier 2 and I had confirmed it with my se a second time.

I believe you did state that in your earlier post.

Suppose they don't believe that tier 2 will not be able to get their bid. Maybe we are the exceptions to the norm?

Then that bags even more questions which require thorough checking. Appreciate the 2 posters can provide us with more views?

I believe there are also others who can provide us with other insightful views or share with us their experience.

As mentioned I took tier 2 last year and the buffer between final COE price and reserve price was only a few k. During that time COE did not move as much, during my bid it dropped slightly. 

Do check the basic car cost from LTA and calculate the dealer margin to figure out if you have a good chance. Last time based on my estimates komoco aim for around 8-10k margin, not sure if they have become greedier  [knife]

(edited)

My SE has already promised to arrange for early refund (4 out of 6 bids) ASAP... think that shows how "confident" they are in clinching COEs in August or beyond... it's almost impossible, since quota from August will shrink by 10 per cent, prices will likely remain in the 50K range, now, komoco is only willing to bid up to 47K...

So yeah, it's really a waste of time with the 10k locked down for another month or so, I'd rather have it back quickly so that I can move on to other options.

So yeah, I suggest for those who still can't get and SEs showing no interest or sincerity to try and make it happen, try and ask for refund ASAP.

How these ADs work is they take the deposits to fund for all their COEs for drivers who are paying for the higher rebate tier...

Our money is actually being borrowed to fund those deals first, at ZERO interest.... so yeah, if can, ask for it back ASAP and move on to other options, UNLESS they are optimistic about getting it in August or so...

Well Bro .. my booking date is the same as yours. After 2nd failure attempt, my SE ask for top up and we top up. 3rd try we manage to get it and have been driving for 2 weeks already.

Is it that u have reject the top up? Looking at the situation now, u can still top up but u choose to take back the deposit and a bit don't tally le..no offense..because my fellow friends all receive the top up msg from their SE.

FYI I was at tier 2 which was 92999 and I top up to 97999 and my coe rebate was 47k and they went in to bid at 53k but 10 min's (at that moment COE live is at 51k plus with 10 min to go) before bidding close, they revised to 56k which means they really wan me to get my car.

Edited by Ivanseah81
  • Praise 2

Well Bro .. my booking date is the same as yours. After 2nd failure attempt, my SE ask for top up and we top up. 3rd try we manage to get it and have been driving for 2 weeks already.

Is it that u have reject the top up? Looking at the situation now, u can still top up but u choose to take back the deposit and a bit don't tally le..no offense..because my fellow friends all receive the top up msg from their SE.

FYI I was at tier 2 which was 92999 and I top up to 97999 and my coe rebate was 47k and they went in to bid at 53k but 10 min's (at that moment COE live is at 51k plus with 10 min to go) before bidding close, they revised to 56k which means they really wan me to get my car.

Thanks for sharing your experience and comments...

I can only say different buyers have different experiences lah.

My SE really never ever told me about topups before, as ai mentioned before, it's a no frills package, meaning pricing at its lowest, but think the most they'd be willing to bid at is around 47K, unfortunately after MAS ruling this seems impossible lah.

Yeah perhaps I shouldn't be complaining since I went for the lowest pricing lah, thing is SE also never mention a topup before.

Anyway the price I ordered my S trim at, if I have to top up I'll just be topping up to second tier which based on accounts here isn't really helpful too, think first tier then got chance.

In a way Komoco's way of sales isn't as ideal as those who offer 6-8 bid guaranteed...

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing your experience and comments...

I can only say different buyers have different experiences lah.

My SE really never ever told me about topups before, as ai mentioned before, it's a no frills package, meaning pricing at its lowest, but think the most they'd be willing to bid at is around 47K, unfortunately after MAS ruling this seems impossible lah.

Yeah perhaps I shouldn't be complaining since I went for the lowest pricing lah, thing is SE also never mention a topup before.

Anyway the price I ordered my S trim at, if I have to top up I'll just be topping up to second tier which based on accounts here isn't really helpful too, think first tier then got chance.

In a way Komoco's way of sales isn't as ideal as those who offer 6-8 bid guaranteed...

It's purely a gimmick. Those with guaranteed bids may have added the premium into the price. It is more accurate to look at the margins

It's purely a gimmick. Those with guaranteed bids may have added the premium into the price. It is more accurate to look at the margins

did a very rough computation, indeed have gone greedy. margin at the current situation is > $10k... more than what you had computed previously. gosh!

(edited)

just did my 5k servicing...basically nothing changed...not even oil change...no costs or charges at all...

Than its not called servicing if NOTHING change leh [confused] like that wasted 1 free servicing tho... sounds more like diagnostic test on car.... [laugh] even express service involves basic engine oil & filter change... [thumbsup]

no bulls**t...really 20.2km/L...hehe.

realised the car likes to stay above 80km/hr in terms of FC..anything below,...efficiency drops drastically. 

cheers all.

NPNT.... [cool]

Edited by Blublak
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

lol it's the 30k lowest tier...

cousin who got his before mas ruling came out also on 30k tier but his coe secured at 47K...

so yeah it's the lowest tier and 47k is the amount that they will submit their bid at....

when i placed the order SE seemed rather confident that within six bids can be achieved... but now left with two last bids it doesn't look optimistic, quite frustrating.

Boh bian. Coe now hovering above 50k.

Did u ask how much to top up to have a better chance?

• Praise 1

Than its not called servicing if NOTHING change leh [confused] like that wasted 1 free servicing tho... sounds more like diagnostic test on car.... [laugh] even express service involves basic engine oil & filter change... [thumbsup]

NPNT.... [cool]

since its free then why not just go for it?? anyways it was just information sharing... =)
  • Praise 1

No lar... they don't borrow money to fund any deals lar... there is a deposit required by LTA to bid for the COE. It must physically be lodged as a cash deposit or to show that that they have the money...

Anyway your SE is going to get you a refund cos there's simply no way you'll get your COE at this price point. The COE is going up only... no way it will come down... they keep your money and bid low also no use... cos sure won't get... waste their time and your time... might as well concentrate on someone who is willing to pay the higher price now. Also they won't ask you to top up cos you probably need to top up like $10,000. That's the new price of the S trim now if I am not wrong... or maybe even higher... you're a bit unfortunate lor... got undone by the unexpected relaxation of the rules...

• Praise 1

Quite surprised to see this. The FE is higher than the specification of 14.8km/L?

It's not faulty right...

16.1km/L

Sengkang to Marina Sq via KPE (15km).

28526895635_e511d62fd6.jpg

Average 14.0km/L

Sengkang to Marina Sq (15km)

Marina Sq to Sengkang (15km)

Sengkang to Whampoa (11km)

Whampoa to Sengkang (11km)

27910369614_596551c688.jpg

That's just the one trip when you top up lar... it will come down slowly as you start driving on non-highway roads and with stop start traffic conditions.

Yeah... My K5 on average only gets 8km/l.. I drive almost 99% on non-highway and on peak hours....

That's just the one trip when you top up lar... it will come down slowly as you start driving on non-highway roads and with stop start traffic conditions.

good news for all elantra bros, as expected, good crash test results from iihs....the after effect of the small overlap crash test is one of the better ones i have seen......the car qualified for top safety pick+....now feel more safe..haha. 

details:

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/hyundai/elantra-4-door-sedan/2017

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1