2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Nowsaday, how to get $84K 1.6L car ... MIK some more!

Even branded tomyam cannot.

Not sure about China Chery, or Geely?

For now, I'd say it's a golden opportunity to buy a 1.5/1.6L car for around $84K, realistically only if COE drops by quite a bit.

Geely is long gone. Chery show room is now empty (converted to Seat), having sold all their cars, including demo units, some weeks ago.
↡ Advertisement

I know a German marque AD had registered brand new cars (without a sale made) in the past, only to meet sales target, and then resell these brand new 00 cars as used 01 cars in the next fiscal year.

When push comes to a shove, to retain their AD rights, they will be willing to let go.

KMC may well be in that situation.

You don't know what you don't know.

Paiseh, i dont understand what you mean le?

For now, I'd say it's a golden opportunity to buy a 1.5/1.6L car for around $84K, realistically only if COE drops by quite a bit.

Geely is long gone. Chery show room is now empty (converted to Seat), having sold all their cars, including demo units, some weeks ago.

No more china cars here?

China car can comeback when COE drop to below 30k. In my dream I guess

Drop below 30k not enough, must confirm drop below 15k then china cars would be popular again.

Congrats! That's a good deal indeed. Happy for you.

I didn't get mine. Was told that the chance of getting the next 3 rounds is low due to motor show and 3 week bidding period. Yes, 3 rounds.

After deposit, all the problem start to come liao. Either wait for the topup trick or pre-empt SE by offering topup - topup $2K for 1-bid G. 86K is still a good price for Elantra. Anyway did KMC even bid for all the 84K folks this round? 

After deposit, all the problem start to come liao. Either wait for the topup trick or pre-empt SE by offering topup - topup $2K for 1-bid G. 86K is still a good price for Elantra. Anyway did KMC even bid for all the 84K folks this round? 

Does the topup trick happen in kmc or every AD?

No more china cars here?

Sorry for the deviation in this Elantra thread...

Understand from Chery SE that his big boss went to Chery HQ to source for vehicles. Problem is that right hand drive market is very small.

Will there be a Chery comeback? Perhaps, we will know on 12 - 15 January 2017 at the Singapore Motorshow?

if they bid for me at 83K I am sure those folks at 84K are in too. But bidding price at 40K has a very poor chance of securing a COE. Deposit of 10K for 6 NG bids (3 months) is no big deal. Lost of interest if you put in the bank is a mere $6.- at 0.25% short term. Cheers!

if they bid for me at 83K I am sure those folks at 84K are in too. But bidding price at 40K has a very poor chance of securing a COE. Deposit of 10K for 6 NG bids (3 months) is no big deal. Lost of interest if you put in the bank is a mere $6.- at 0.25% short term. Cheers!

Positive thinking.  :a-m1212:  Actually if a person really not say die die must get the car, just try for 3 months lo. But only one downside is what if 3 months later coe really went up a lot then a bit heartpain. Lol.

Deposit with kmc is better deal. I had earn 12000 krisflyer mile for paying with credit card. Means 2way ticket with SQ haha.. maybe I should book another car with COE rebate at 30k or 20k if kmc allow to do so

Positive thinking.  :a-m1212:  Actually if a person really not say die die must get the car, just try for 3 months lo. But only one downside is what if 3 months later coe really went up a lot then a bit heartpain. Lol.

Doubtful COE can go sky high with this situation in the economy within this year or so. Maybe plus or minus 1 to 2K just my thinking! KMC probably calculated that COE may come down soon otherwise why trick people to commit. They are rich company and they don't need your 10K to survive, right?

Deposit with kmc is better deal. I had earn 12000 krisflyer mile for paying with credit card. Means 2way ticket with SQ haha.. maybe I should book another car with COE rebate at 30k or 20k if kmc allow to do so

We were all looking for you to get info on the 83K bid.  Thanks for coming in. Car price cut 10K , bid also cut 10K; make sense. 

We were all looking for you to get info on the 83K bid.  Thanks for coming in. Car price cut 10K , bid also cut 10K; make sense. 

So the so called discount on the car price is bluff people de. How much discount they give you, how much coe bid they will also cut. Lol.

Use manhattan card to charge $6500 3% and amex cash rebate card 1.5% charge 3500

U can get back $250 even if u cant get ur car... Better than bank

Paiseh, i dont understand what you mean le?

No more china cars here?

OK, give you example:

Suppose Brand X has sold 5,000 cars to-date (October 2016), but their German principal had set a target for them to achieve 6,000 sales for FY2016, in order for Brand X to keep their AD status.

Now, Brand X knows that at most, they can sell another 800 cars between now and year end.

So what do they do, to avoid losing their AD status?

They register another 200 cars to their company name (without having made any sale) in late December. So the company will be first (00) owner for the last 200 cars, in this case.

So by Dec 31, they would have "sold" 6,000 cars in total, for FY2016.

Then in January 2017 onward, Brand X would start advertising the 200 registered cars for sale, as used (01 owner) cars.

They get to keep their AD status a few years more ... which is probably worth much more than the depreciation incurred in force-selling the 200 pre-registered cars!

Of course there are other ways to minimise their financial impact, by converting these cars as test-drive cars, or as rental cars (if they also have a rental business arm).

The strategy described above could also be applied if Brand X goes all out to beat their arch rival German Brand Y in terms of total cars sold in 2016!