2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Nope, never notice. Actually you can't tell until you touch it or scrutinise. My friend who got S model also same that's why checking is it across all the trim is the same.

Did anyone who is driving the S trim changed the side panel to leather? Is this consider kmc shortchange customer on the side panel to leather?

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

10k discount but got top up or not ?

10k without top up, most got refunded. 10k with 5k top up got their cars already. This is the info I get.

From this case, I think everyone will be fully aware of KMC's bidding and pricing strategy. Hopefully, this is helpful for future visitors to this thread when they make the decision and negotiate the price for their Elantra. The six-round long wait and failure to secure the COE by some customers are not wasted. At least, it teaches a lesson to future potential customers on how to negotiate their price with this dealer.

Hi

I am driving a GLS. Previously driving a manual car.

I tried the manual shift mode ie. shifting my gear stick to the + - portion. But I cant seem to get a smooth acceleration and gear change from 1st gear to 2nd gear and 2nd gear to 3rd gear. I shift up between 2500 - 3000 rpm. 

Can anyone enlightened on how to drive smoothly on manual shift mode, when (which rpm) to shift up etc ? 

Thank you in advance.

Did anyone who is driving the S trim changed the side panel to leather? Is this consider kmc shortchange customer on the side panel to leather?

I m driving the S. Side door is plastic, only the portion below the door handle down to the slot to put things is fabric

I m driving the S. Side door is plastic, only the portion below the door handle down to the slot to put things is fabric

Yes, that's the part I'm talking about. Cos I'm trying to check whether it's the same for elite trim. Cos upholstery workshop told me sometime got reason for hyundai not to replace to leather n so trying to check whether it's the same across all trims. So after confirmation then decide whether to replace or not.

Yes, that's the part I'm talking about. Cos I'm trying to check whether it's the same for elite trim. Cos upholstery workshop told me sometime got reason for hyundai not to replace to leather n so trying to check whether it's the same across all trims. So after confirmation then decide whether to replace or not.

I see the test drive and display cars at showroom, elite side panel also leather. But only S trim and basic trim is fabric and only car seats changed to leather. So did you ask kmc what is the reasons not to replace on S trim?

Boss, do tell me roughly how long is needed as i already pass my 1k. if quite long then maybe wait for the 5k then go. Can see that the door lock is loose from my end. the small thingy that you lock the door from inside at the passenger end.

Will do. Ya. Same, it's that loose locking mechanism being source of problem.

Bringing my car there on the coming Tuesday.

Will do. Ya. Same, it's that loose locking mechanism being source of problem.

Bringing my car there on the coming Tuesday.

Did you check the door is working or not when you collect your car that time? Or the door got spoilt only after you have drive for a period of time?

My apologies for not reading the entire discussion. I am not a hyundai owner, am not trying to defend hyundai but I thought two new cars having a similar simple problem sound more like a user error. My bad.

No problem bro. No offence taken. :)

Cheers!

Did you check the door is working or not when you collect your car that time? Or the door got spoilt only after you have drive for a period of time?

It was definitely working when i collected thr car as my wife usually sit at the back as I have an infant son there too.

If there was an issue during collection, won't need until 3 weeks of owning the car to notice. She cannot open the door from inside and she usually get out of the car by her own (other side blocked by baby chair) before this was surfaced.

Mine seems to be from the start. I dont check the opening from inside at passenger end. Only after like 1 month,friend told me he cant open the door from inside then notice that is was not working. During that time no one was sitting in the backseat. Till friend feedback. Maybe he spoiled it.lol

Mine seems to be from the start. I dont check the opening from inside at passenger end. Only after like 1 month,friend told me he cant open the door from inside then notice that is was not working. During that time no one was sitting in the backseat. Till friend feedback. Maybe he spoiled it.lol

Imagine your friend tells you that your brand new car door is spoilt?! Lol.

Imagine your friend tells you that your brand new car door is spoilt?! Lol.

Haha ya. At first thought was child lock active thus cant open. Till tested then confirm locking spoiled.

I had same problem. Brought to my friend workshop, just needed to tighten one of the mechanism can alr.

Don mind can let us know how much it will cost for this "upgrade"?

I had same problem. Brought to my friend workshop, just needed to tighten one of the mechanism can alr.

Don mind can let us know how much it will cost for this "upgrade"?

I haven't replace it yet. Workshop haven't done the new elantra before. Only asked them to check n they only found it funny that how come leather seats but fabric on door panel. Just done my steering wheel in nappa leather. Will check with them on the door panel price again.

I haven't replace it yet. Workshop haven't done the new elantra before. Only asked them to check n they only found it funny that how come leather seats but fabric on door panel. Just done my steering wheel in nappa leather. Will check with them on the door panel price again.

Hi, mind sharing what's the damage to leather wrap the steering? And also the door panel aft u check the price?

Thanks!

Hi, mind sharing what's the damage to leather wrap the steering? And also the door panel aft u check the price?

Thanks!

Ermmm mine is special price for nappa leather so not sure for others will get this price or not. If normal leather will be $250. If anyone interested in nappa leather I can help you check the price. But for 2 tone will be more ex.

10k without top up, most got refunded. 10k with 5k top up got their cars already. This is the info I get.

From this case, I think everyone will be fully aware of KMC's bidding and pricing strategy. Hopefully, this is helpful for future visitors to this thread when they make the decision and negotiate the price for their Elantra. The six-round long wait and failure to secure the COE by some customers are not wasted. At least, it teaches a lesson to future potential customers on how to negotiate their price with this dealer.

My time hor. No such 10k discount.

Accent MT was selling at $96,888 with 67k Coe rebate and 3 years free servicing, 1 year road tax. If I want to negotiate, it's $94,888 with no Coe rebate, no 3 yr servicing, no 1 year road tax.

But the se told me $96,888 is the confirm can get.

Ended paying $90k with 61k Coe due to $6k rebate and further additional discount...

Where got tier 1, tier 2, tier 3... Come on lah. Take tier 3 is a gamble.. Dun kpkb.

Edited by Ivan_06

Ermmm mine is special price for nappa leather so not sure for others will get this price or not. If normal leather will be $250. If anyone interested in nappa leather I can help you check the price. But for 2 tone will be more ex.

I see... cos KMC also told me it's $250 (yet to check if it's only for steering) thot outside could be cheaper..
↡ Advertisement