2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

No good that the running light cannot be off?! Actually i dont really like the idea of having any lights on during a bright day lo.

There's no pleasing everyone..

Some folks spend a lot to add LED, DRL, auto-fold etc etc.

Others want none of these.

Hyundai can only gauge by the demand and it seems that these are now becoming standard elsewhere so they need to include these.

↡ Advertisement

if i'm not wrong, dont flame me, DRL trend started because it's a compulsory safety thing in europe.. was it audi that we first saw

then it spread to other cars

so being a safety thing, it's not meant to be switched off

anyway i think it's a safety thing, so why not have it on. i guess the only time you wished it was off is when you go to dark carpark to do funny things... :)

• Praise 1

There's no pleasing everyone..

Some folks spend a lot to add LED, DRL, auto-fold etc etc.

Others want none of these.

Hyundai can only gauge by the demand and it seems that these are now becoming standard elsewhere so they need to include these.

So best is to allow user to have the option to switch on and off lo. Lol.

if i'm not wrong, dont flame me, DRL trend started because it's a compulsory safety thing in europe.. was it audi that we first saw

anyway i think it's a safety thing, so why not have it on. i guess the only time you wished it was off is when you go to dark carpark to do funny things... :)

I don't know if it was a safety requirement by Europe but Audi was certainly the first to market it as a safety accessory... and studies did show quite conclusively that it does aid driver awareness of your car with the day time running lights. And maybe cos of this it became the requirement for Europe... I don't really know if it's mandatory there like the third brake light. Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

Not really bro, smtimes hot day just waiting for person a while w air-con but don wanna cause glare or unwanted attention. Pls don use nea requirement of off engine to shoot me ha..
  • Praise 1

The daytime running light was first mandated, and safety benefits first perceived, in Scandinavian countries where it is persistently dark during the winter season. As ambient light levels increase, the potential safety benefit decreases while the DRL intensity required for a safety improvement increases. The safety benefit produced by DRLs in relatively dark Nordic countries is roughly triple the benefit observed in relatively bright America.[2]

European Union Directive 2008/89/EC requires all passenger cars and small delivery vans first type approved on or after 7 February 2011 in the EU to come equipped with daytime running lights.[14][15][16] The mandate was extended to trucks and buses in August 2012.[17] Functional piggybacking, such as operating the headlamps or front turn signals or fog lamps as DRLs, is not permitted;[18] the EU Directive requires functionally specific daytime running lamps compliant with ECE Regulation 87 and mounted to the vehicle in accord with ECE Regulation 48.[19] DRLs compliant with R87 emit white light of between 400 and 1,200 candela.[20]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This will be a miracle if Komoco will to bring in the sport model.

With the high OMV, how much is the Sports model going to sell for?

If the price is near Civic  price, buyers would naturally go for the Civic.

No competitive edge for Komoco to bring in the Sports model.

• Praise 1

With the high OMV, how much is the Sports model going to sell for?

If the price is near Civic price, buyers would naturally go for the Civic.

No competitive edge for Komoco to bring in the Sports model.

Not too sure about that!

There will be buyers who avoid MIT cars at all cost, regardless of brand. Out with the Altis, Vios, City and now the Civic.

They will be the ones gravitating to MIK brands like Hyundai, KIA and Ssanyong.

• Praise 1

I saw two model of "basic" Elantra (not "S" not "Elite") on the road. One with the "GLS" tag on the car boot whereas the other without any tag. What is the different between this two model?    [confused]

• Praise 1

I saw two model of "basic" Elantra (not "S" not "Elite") on the road. One with the "GLS" tag on the car boot whereas the other without any tag. What is the different between this two model?    [confused]

Remove the tag accidently?

• Praise 1

Without any tag could be the owner take it out. You should see three trim on elantra which are GLS, S and elite.

• Praise 1

Without any tag could be the owner take it out. You should see three trim on elantra which are GLS, S and elite.

I just got my basic trim last month. It doesn't have the GLS tag...
  • Praise 1

I just got my basic trim last month. It doesn't have the GLS tag...

So kmc cut cost? For basic trim, they even dont bother to stick any tag?!

• Praise 1

I think it might be a marketing thing... GLS seems more upmarket than S... ha ha ha... in the past car trim models used to be GL with GLS being the highest trim... just speculating though... ha ha ha...

• Praise 1

The front video cam that came with the car, any bros tried watching the video recorded before? Any bros went to install another set of video cam? If so will warranty be affected?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1