2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Supersonic

Jialet my car send komoco repair and they took two days to find out that my timing chain is not align properly (I have to call them or else they diam diam don't give me any answer) and they need a week to fix the problem... its still cover under the their warranty and no loan car is provided. This ride is 1yr 3mth olds and less than a yr the car battery spoilt.. is korean really car not gd????

In the first place, how you know your car got problem? For car battery, nowadays many car battery only last around 1 year or so or even less de, not only apply to korean car la.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Jialet my car send komoco repair and they took two days to find out that my timing chain is not align properly (I have to call them or else they diam diam don't give me any answer) and they need a week to fix the problem... its still cover under the their warranty and no loan car is provided. This ride is 1yr 3mth olds and less than a yr the car battery spoilt.. is korean really car not gd????

Care to share how to find out your car got problem, any symptoms? My car also 2016 elite model. When u collected the car? I only complained the wind noise near driver side mirror, they helped to change the mirror when I go back change windscreen due to stone chip and windscreen crack. I complained the mirror when go back for 1k servicing, but they say adjusted but still have sound. 2nd time go back, they helped to change the whole mirror.

• Praise 1

Care to share how to find out your car got problem, any symptoms? My car also 2016 elite model. When u collected the car? I only complained the wind noise near driver side mirror, they helped to change the mirror when I go back change windscreen due to stone chip and windscreen crack. I complained the mirror when go back for 1k servicing, but they say adjusted but still have sound. 2nd time go back, they helped to change the whole mirror.

Why does the mirror need to be replaced if it's clearly wind noise? Does it only happen above 100kph?

Do you also have window visors installed?

Supercharged

Why does the mirror need to be replaced if it's clearly wind noise? Does it only happen above 100kph?

Do you also have window visors installed?

Cos it only happens when the mirror is open. When I tried to close it when travelling, the wind noise goes away. They tried to adjust it but still have the noise, then they changed it for me. No window visors installed. 

Cos it only happens when the mirror is open. When I tried to close it when travelling, the wind noise goes away. They tried to adjust it but still have the noise, then they changed it for me. No window visors installed.

After changing did the noise disappear?

Wind noise should be normal if you are driving at high speed. If the noise is too obvious, then it's more likely the door rubber seals or soundproofing need to be improved.

In the first place, how you know your car got problem? For car battery, nowadays many car battery only last around 1 year or so or even less de, not only apply to korean car la.

Press accelerate takes very long to move.n the orange color engine malfunction light up...Find tat Hyundai car very dangerous, because of this pb my brake become very hard n totally like no brake...nearly knock a car..

Supercharged

After changing did the noise disappear?

Wind noise should be normal if you are driving at high speed. If the noise is too obvious, then it's more likely the door rubber seals or soundproofing need to be improved.

After changing then no noise already. Wind noise only appears when I drive above 80km/h and with mirror open.

Press accelerate takes very long to move.n the orange color engine malfunction light up...Find tat Hyundai car very dangerous, because of this pb my brake become very hard n totally like no brake...nearly knock a car..

Hi, can share the relevancy between timing chain and your brake issue?

• Praise 1

(edited)

i thought the usual normal batt seems to be able to work around 3 - 5 years?

Mine also give up on the 9th month. Seems like alot of elantra have battery issue.. i assume we use the same battery. Should highlight for those elantra owners esp those more than a year.

i assume timing chain maybe is a rare case.. so far never see anyone report in this forum / elantra club.

Edited by peanuttay
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Check engine light come on but you continued driving, then almost knocked into a car?

Not sure if car or driver dangerous.

• Praise 2

i thought the usual normal batt seems to be able to work around 3 - 5 years?

Mine also give up on the 9th month. Seems like alot of elantra have battery issue.. i assume we use the same battery. Should highlight for those elantra owners esp those more than a year.

i assume timing chain maybe is a rare case.. so far never see anyone report in this forum / elantra club.

Not the car... it's like that... the car has lots of electronic devices... hence the shorter lifespan...

• Praise 1

I went to check komoco website and elantra specs still state the same engine 1.6 gamma. Any idea when the new engine coming in? Curious to know if got any difference with the old engine other than emission.

• Praise 2

Not the car... it's like that... the car has lots of electronic devices... hence the shorter lifespan...

After the batt fails very scare liao..

try to lower all the electronic consumption..

i think elite tier is more worse.. even more electronic device.

(edited)

I see, so it is from the car cam and not the AU. Silly me. :a-bang:

Chill bro...

My SE mentioned to me about the voice when I collect my car...thus I knw.. else I may be same as u.. thinking this is "special feature" too...

Edited by justay

Supersonic

Chill bro...

My SE mentioned to me about the voice when I collect my car...thus I knw.. else I may be same as u.. thinking this is "special feature" too...

After the batt fails very scare liao..

try to lower all the electronic consumption..

i think elite tier is more worse.. even more electronic device.

Try to invest in a obd info display or just a plain plugin voltage meter. It might help to keep track of the system voltage when the car is running to ensure the battery is being adequately charged.
  • Praise 2

Lol, so did you ask your SE can turn off this voice?

SE only mentioned the voice will only be "activated" when memory card full.. did format once but she still "speaks"..
↡ Advertisement