2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi All

Can check with you guys, after you off your engine... then u press on the brake a few times(cos i want to check my rear brake light got light up or not) ... after a while, the brake cannot be depress until u start engine... normal?  :a-panic:

If not normal, think will ask them to check during 5k servicing.

Its normal. 

Modern brake systems use the vacuum in a car to provide more braking force with less pedal force.  After you turn the engine off, there is some vacuum still in the system, so you get some brake boost at first.  However, without the engine on, there is nothing to re-create the vacuum, so it eventually runs out, making the brake pedal harder to press.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks bro... for the info :)

My abs oso kicks in during Dec rainy period when I was travelling at I think 15km/h in the car park.. my company carpark, floor too smooth... then with this brake cannot depress.. I thought brake got problem...

Its normal.

Modern brake systems use the vacuum in a car to provide more braking force with less pedal force. After you turn the engine off, there is some vacuum still in the system, so you get some brake boost at first. However, without the engine on, there is nothing to re-create the vacuum, so it eventually runs out, making the brake pedal harder to press.

• Praise 2

I got my bid 1x. SE told me KM is quite good in secure Coe n they won't wait for car shipment bit will bid once u sign to buy.

personally I dun think need to pay more to get guarantee bids.

sorry what does SE stand for?
  • Praise 2

Got my car less then 1 month. Now my key gotta be place almost next to the door lock before it can be detected

This happens only on the driver side . Passenger side key can be left in the pocket and i can unlock..

Anyone encounter this before?

• Praise 2

Ha ha.. some narrow minded person just dislike me... moreover not dare to reveal the username.. pity the person..

I guess one should have learned first the MCF posting guide.....

Cheers!!!

definitely not me. i dont have enough point to like or dislike...

its so hard to accumulate 25 points for the eligibility.

there are many good comments i came across that worth a praise but i just couldnt do it. any nice souls can boost my points pls just praise this post here..

tq tq..

• Praise 5

Sorry, sad to say I am not the petty person that you have mentioned. I dun play this dislike point using anonymous ID & you are not that level yet to earn dislike point from me. you must have offended other forumer in MCF.

Maybe you should do some self reflection why ppls give you dislike on your comment. 

Edited: Haven't use my point award system for the day yet, Lim peh man of honor one. 

it seem is about time to put an end to this experimental on how the forumers response in this situation.

Dear Sugimoto, 

Herewith I am officially responding to your quote. 

I do not know what is wrong with you, but please be aware since day 1 I am only put up a general compliment on how the forumers contribution to MCF. 

My first general posting:

Sometimes I am just so admired the forumers' spirit of persistency here....

I guess that's how MCF communities work. 

I guess also later I will get fireback. 

Ha ha.. Let's see, let's see... 

Depend on the person mind's perspective, if view from positive angle the "persistency" is post as a good value; however if a person view from negative angle I guess this is where it begin.

And here i use the word "admired" instead i do not describe with word "insulting"... 

Thanks for response that you are not the one who "dislike" my comment, otherwise most of reader may thought you are the one behind. Since this case we now know there is somebody who taking advantages try putting the blame on you (who given the "dislike") and try making you a fool. Anyway now it is cleared. 

I believe i never disagree on anyone else comment including yours, where I am trying to get more understanding of my queries. However, on your response you have really made irresponsible quote as following:

Posting guide #2

·         Respect the viewpoints of others, even if you may not agree with them. Agree to disagree.

If you do not agree with other viewpoints, please do let other contributor to share. It is not very nice "bashing" other viewpoints.

You may have own a hybrid car before but that does not make you an "expert"; others may also owning one now with newer technologies (or different brand) which can experience different scenario where one may like to share together. If always somebody keep "bashing", this make it impossible for a healthy sharing platform.

remark: I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you some of other kind souls who have personally PM me the pro/con of hybrid car they experienced. And they really answer specific to my questions as encountered, instead of mentioned unrelated hybrid operation. 

Why do they do that by PM? Is simple because of above self explanatory reasons. 

Posting guide #4

·         No personal attacks on other users.

I do hope that you are aware that it is not very nice to attack other forumer in MCF.

Please refer to your quote below :

1) At 2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante/ post#8630

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700071-2016-hyundai-elantra-avante/page-432?do=findComment&comment=6332306

sugimoto quoted:

Dun make me laugh lah, he can't even noe how a hybrid car works despite being spoonfed.

Trying to troll at here & CHR thread lah. 

2) At Honda Owner....Pls Check in / Post#1040

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/716632-honda-owners-pls-check-in/page-52

sugimoto quoted: 

Honda cars too "hollow" & "empty" for you leh, not suitable for you

Their hybrids also not powerful enough for you.

Pls continue driving your conti car.

3) At Toyota C-HR / Post# 668

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2701682-toyota-c-hr/page-34?do=findComment&comment=6332153

sugimoto quoted: 

Trolling at hyundai elantra thread not enough still wan to troll at here...really very funny HAHAHAHA!!

Posting guide #7

·         No FULL CAPS postings. In internet, CAPS equates to shouting.

Yours text HAHAHAHA!!

3) At Toyota C-HR / Post# 668

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2701682-toyota-c-hr/page-34?do=findComment&comment=6332153

sugimoto quoted: 

Trolling at hyundai elantra thread not enough still wan to troll at here...really very funny HAHAHAHA!!

There are many more which I do not wish to continue to put up here.

If you are really a gentlemen / man of honours, I believe you know what to do next….

At the end of the day, what we all learned is that our society moral/mindsets are getting poorer, I do hope as parents can educate better the younger generation. Keep up a positive thinking !!

p/s:

I do thank you for others that think my nickname “contipro” = owning a continental car..

In fact I have been keep quiet when you all are making fun/ criticizing my nickname.  

anyway you all really have a good sense of humour. This really make me feel good and bring laughter to me and my friends who are reading the posting.

In fact is just a simple nickname of my small dream of owning continental car  = continental car project.

For those who know me actual I am also just driving a Korean car. 

So it just not very nice to judge others just by nickname. I do hope you all have learned the lesson as well. 

p/s #2:

I hope the one that dislike me, I really have help you to release your anger and stress. It is free for you.

Cheers pal. 

p/s#3:

I hope now all can understand English no need further response on this quote anymore.

Unless otherwise you are an idiot (pardon me)…

Cheers and have a good day ahead...

end of my experimental result. 

Dated 2.Feb.2018 by Contipro

• Praise 2

Thanks bro... for the info :)

My abs oso kicks in during Dec rainy period when I was travelling at I think 15km/h in the car park.. my company carpark, floor too smooth... then with this brake cannot depress.. I thought brake got problem...

Bro... at 15km/h you sure ABS kicked in? ABS kicks in when you slam on the brakes and the braking system releases and applies the brakes multiple times to prevent your car from skidding cos the stopping force exceeds the frictional grip from your tires... at 15 km/h, your car should stop instantaneously once you slam on the brakes... if the wheels slip as you say the car park floor is rather smooth...then maybe what you experienced might be the traction control kicking in more than the ABS kicking in?

Bro... at 15km/h you sure ABS kicked in? ABS kicks in when you slam on the brakes and the braking system releases and applies the brakes multiple times to prevent your car from skidding cos the stopping force exceeds the frictional grip from your tires... at 15 km/h, your car should stop instantaneously once you slam on the brakes... if the wheels slip as you say the car park floor is rather smooth...then maybe what you experienced might be the traction control kicking in more than the ABS kicking in?

Duno ley, the brake paddle vibrates ...  [:p]

Traction control also will vibrate? Sorry, noob.. lol.

I apply brake cos almost reach the hump, those not so wide one... and it happens twice, both near the hump where i try to slow down, other than that, went down slope, apply brake, no problem... i also shock... move slow and apply brake, abs also can kick in.. [confused]

Anyway, up to now.. ok already... 

• Praise 1

Yeah that's why I asked lor... cos I'm also surprised that the ABS will engage at 15 km/h... if the brake pedal vibrates seems to be ABS leh... ha ha... I hit the ABS last week but I was well over 90 and had to slow down to like 30-40 at short notice on the highway.... I can feel the car jerking as it slowed down quickly... but the stopping distance was substantial... so more noticeable... your stopping distance is quite short... so might be hard to detect? I don't know... just sharing my experience...

It's not a good idea to keep pressing the brake after your engine is turned off.

Thanks for the advise.  [:p]

Actually, the first time i can feel the difficulty in depressing the brakes, cos i lend my brother in law to drive, i guess after engine off, he got press the brake. Then the next day,  i encounter the effect, but duno why.

The second time i encounter was when i try press the brake to see the brake light got light up or not, after i off my engine. After a while, try to start my car, then encounter the effect of difficult to depress the brake, thats when i think may be due to engine off and i apply the brake..

So came to forum to seek the wise ppl here .. [scholar]

Yeah that's why I asked lor... cos I'm also surprised that the ABS will engage at 15 km/h... if the brake pedal vibrates seems to be ABS leh... ha ha... I hit the ABS last week but I was well over 90 and had to slow down to like 30-40 at short notice on the highway.... I can feel the car jerking as it slowed down quickly... but the stopping distance was substantial... so more noticeable... your stopping distance is quite short... so might be hard to detect? I don't know... just sharing my experience...

Ya lor... move so slow.. oso can ABS... i also  [confused]

Got my car less then 1 month. Now my key gotta be place almost next to the door lock before it can be detected

This happens only on the driver side . Passenger side key can be left in the pocket and i can unlock..

Anyone encounter this before?

You mean your welcome mirror(mirror unfold) only happen when you very near the door? 

The manual said ard 1 meter or less can liow. So far mine ok.. 

Hmm... one side ok, one side not ok... your driver side got another Elantra izzit... :p

If you take out the smart key,(i.e not inside your pocket) then ok or not?

↡ Advertisement