2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

(edited)

Is the driver seat. The area whereby my butt rested in it. A pity couldnât upload pic here

Hi bros , one more question to ask.. the rear fog light must be manually switched on so as all 3 panel of light will light up? If not only 2 panel of lights on each side will light up?

yeah, when you switch on the rear fog lights, the inner most rear light modules will light up, very bright red (otherwise they will be off).

Edited by Coolant
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Please don't turn on the rear fog lamps unless it's really raining very heavily... it's very irritating to the drivers behind you... just a gentle reminder... thanks!

Why isn't Android Auto in our play store?worry about installing from downloaded apk leh.

Download from a reliable source lor... like from the XDA forums... or PM those who have downloaded a safe copy and used it before... they can email it to you or you can download via Dropbox, Google Drive etc... Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 2

(edited)

If your SE sent you, then should be ok... they won't want to send an unreliable link right? What kind of link is it? You might want to try to download it on an isolated computer first and not using your phone... scan the file using your virus scanner, then transfer to a memory card. Use a virus scanner on your phone and scan it again. Then install lor... if two scans don't raise any issues then should be safe lar...

Edited by teomingern

yeah, when you switch on the rear fog lights, the inner most rear light modules will light up, very bright red (otherwise they will be off).

Thanks bro for the clarification

Understand that most of us we have a five years engine warranty. Let’s say if we go to JB Hyundai to service the car, does it void the warranty?

• Praise 2

(edited)

Thanks bro for the clarification

Please do consider not to switch on if it is not needed. Fog light is for Fog weather, or heavy rain. 

by doing that during night time will actually effect the visibility of rear vehicle's driver, that mean something like high beam from the front head light. 

Edited by Coktky
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Understand that most of us we have a five years engine warranty. Letâs say if we go to JB Hyundai to service the car, does it void the warranty?

You wouldn't want to go there.

Apparently reviews online for Hyundai Sime Darby service centres in Malaysia provides lacklustre services,so...

And that they aren't under the same distributor...

Since now you need proof of genuine parts and oil, might as well you find a ok mechanic in Malaysia to help you,while buying all parts yourself while you squat with the mechanic.Far cheaper and service might be better,and that you won't dump your warranty.

(My experience with the radiator fan of the Vios where it died on me in JB was quite ok.)

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 2

You wouldn't want to go there.

Apparently reviews online for Hyundai Sime Darby service centres in Malaysia provides lacklustre services,so...

And that they aren't under the same distributor...

Since now you need proof of genuine parts and oil, might as well you find a ok mechanic in Malaysia to help you,while buying all parts yourself while you squat with the mechanic.Far cheaper and service might be better,and that you won't dump your warranty.

(My experience with the radiator fan of the Vios where it died on me in JB was quite ok.)

You will be surprised cars of SG plate might get better treatment because we are viewed as $$$$ cow...
  • Praise 2

You will be surprised cars of SG plate might get better treatment because we are viewed as $$$$ cow...

But they have standard packages unlike hole in wall shops.

Unless

Bro.. can pm where is the location to modify it?

apologies bro i cant PM you as there seem to be a restriction on newbie. all i can say is there’s one about 3min drive away i’m sure you’ll be able to figure it out :)
  • Praise 2

Understand that most of us we have a five years engine warranty. Letâs say if we go to JB Hyundai to service the car, does it void the warranty?

Nope... won't... don't worry too much about voiding warranty... unless you do something drastic or stupid to the engine, you won't void it with simple oil changes...

apologies bro i cant PM you as there seem to be a restriction on newbie. all i can say is thereâs one about 3min drive away iâm sure youâll be able to figure it out :)

You mean 3mins away drive from komocco?

Nope... won't... don't worry too much about voiding warranty... unless you do something drastic or stupid to the engine, you won't void it with simple oil changes...

That means outside servicing, including changing some wear and tear parts such as oil gasket, fan belt won’t void the 5 years warranty?
  • Praise 1

That means outside servicing, including changing some wear and tear parts such as oil gasket, fan belt wonât void the 5 years warranty?

If it's done properly, then no...

That means outside servicing, including changing some wear and tear parts such as oil gasket, fan belt wonât void the 5 years warranty?

yes 3min drive from komoco. sorry wasn’t clear in my previous post
  • Praise 1

My car just hit 30k mileage and my tyres are the stock Nexens. Anyone knows usually how long can our stock tyres last? I would prefer to change them before it gets too botak. Also, if anyone has changed their tyres which brand did you change to? (195/65 R15)

• Praise 2

My car just hit 30k mileage and my tyres are the stock Nexens. Anyone knows usually how long can our stock tyres last? I would prefer to change them before it gets too botak. Also, if anyone has changed their tyres which brand did you change to? (195/65 R15)

i like the Nexen N5000 Plus or Nexen N'fera SU1. Cheap and good. $80 per piece for your size 195/65/R15.

• Praise 2

Guys, what’s your mileage when you collected the car? Mine is on the high side at 55km

mine was 61km. bros here around 40km,

i think 100k km or 2 years. tyre is made of rubber and rubber compound will harden over period so advisable to change by 2 years even if havent hit 100km, 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2