2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

It's dust bah. Try using wet tissue to clean it off?

I did a dry wipe when I collected car with SE. Both of us didn't notice that stretch of dirt after the wipe.

But I realised it just before I left and asked him what it was. We were wondering and wondering until I went to touch it, t hen we realised it's dust. lol

Actually hor, I also not sure. hahaha... every time go Esso just tell uncle: "95, full tank". lol...

Ya lor. Ytd i wash then realise. Totally dumbo moment. Hahaha
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

R we on same frequency? We were discussing abt issue with reverse camera earlier.

And ur question again? Abt front/rear recording camera? Yes, its plug to ignition. So will on and off with ignition

Sir, the front / rear recording camera from Komoco.. It's plugged to ignition.. Will it drain the battery? 

When it is off with the ignition, does it record when the car is parked / stationary?

This forum is getting quieter, have thought that forum will be crowded especially with the drop in the pricing. Or there is lots of invisible readers lurking here.

Ya lor. Ytd i wash then realise. Totally dumbo moment. Hahaha

Goes to show u never wash car?! Lol

Sir, the front / rear recording camera from Komoco.. It's plugged to ignition.. Will it drain the battery?

When it is off with the ignition, does it record when the car is parked / stationary?

Its plug to ignition. When ignition off. Its disconnect and rely on the small li-ion battery.

Technically. I does not record after ignition off, as u can see the cam shut down. I have verify when i pick the SD out to play the recording.

Supersonic

This forum is getting quieter, have thought that forum will be crowded especially with the drop in the pricing. Or there is lots of invisible readers lurking here.

Maybe many already bought liao?!

Most would have bought the car and is exploring on their own.

On and off comes back here with findings or looking for answers

Those who are in the exclusive club has their own telegram chatgrp and do not need to come here ba, unless here to ask answer query abt the club or invite to join as official member?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Oh you mean there is an in-built battery inside the car cam? What is the purpose of the in-built battery?

Car price dropped... should have waited 12 days later......... :TT_TT:

Edited by rhph23

Ordered last weekend. Wanted to wait for July bidding to replace 2 cars, but decided to order 1 first in case from July COE up instead. If July drop more than 5k, will order another car to average down.

(edited)

Its plug to ignition. When ignition off. Its disconnect and rely on the small li-ion battery.

Technically. I does not record after ignition off, as u can see the cam shut down. I have verify when i pick the SD out to play the recording.

Got caught liao, Lol!

For the camera, actually it does record, but it gets cut off once the li-ion battery runs out.

But it's also a joke from HP, cos to fully charge the li-ion battery takes hours (>3 I think), and the discharge time is about < 1hr.

Most would have bought the car and is exploring on their own.

On and off comes back here with findings or looking for answers

Those who are in the exclusive club has their own telegram chatgrp and do not need to come here ba, unless here to ask answer query abt the club or invite to join as official member?

I'm in the "exclusive club". But I'm still here leh.  [:p]

Just to add: the "exclusive" things we "do" are to get the special promos that sponsors provide lor.

Other than that, we are always sharing ideas / normal chit chat. A lot of us also post on the FB page (that's free to join btw).

Not sure why there are some negative feelings towards the club though?

Edited by SkimMilk

Maybe it's good that it's quiet.. like the Corolla or Merc threads, it may mean the car is working well, and the owners don't have a lot of issue or complaints.

The car can also be simple to operate and most bother to read the basics in the manual instead of relying on the forum?

(edited)

Really? I tried and verify with the recorded clip. Its stop recording almost immediately after ignition cut.

Maybe i go check again.

Negatively feeling? No really.

If any, its probably via a few posts where queries are responded with.... "join us as official members and raise your query in the chat".

These made me change my mind on submitting the membership form.

From what i garner, probably im not alone in feeling this way? Lol.

Missed the ClubHyundai's days rah

Edited by Familymanz

i got a question. to use the navigation on the HU, we need to plug in? using Andriod Auto wont work? i tried using Andriod Auto but the HU does not show me the navigation. 

Also plug in is to which slot? the USB slot?

Really? I tried and verify with the recorded clip. Its stop recording almost immediately after ignition cut.

Maybe i go check again.

Negatively feeling? No really.

If any, its probably via a few posts where queries are responded with.... "join us as official members and raise your query in the chat".

These made me change my mind on submitting the membership form.

From what i garner, probably im not alone in feeling this way? Lol.

Missed the ClubHyundai's days rah

Most probably your battery wasn't charged enough to have some juice left for recording.

Like I said, it's a sick joke from HP --> need us to charge for hours to be able to record for such a short period of time.

SG so small, if you are not PHV, who will clock so long charging hours? LOL...

Quite sad that you got such replies man. I actually made a few friends and we share info on mods etc.

Maybe you want to join the FB group, then join in the next gathering to have a feel and see how the club is like?

i got a question. to use the navigation on the HU, we need to plug in? using Andriod Auto wont work? i tried using Andriod Auto but the HU does not show me the navigation. 

Also plug in is to which slot? the USB slot?

Plug in to the usb port between the cigarette chargers.

Android auto installed, but do you have Google map / Waze installed as well?

You will also need to grant some permissions to all the above apps before it works well.

Spend some time tinkering and get it working before driving bah.

For my phone (Mi Max 1), Waze does not work well. Always cannot locate where I am, loses GPS 2mins into driving etc.

So I'm using Google maps only with the HU.

When yours is recording, does it show on the cam screen? my cam screen will go off leh... Dunno if recording or not. When I pressed that "switch channel" button, it comes on but went of again. Is it normal or there's something wrong?

Most probably your battery wasn't charged enough to have some juice left for recording.

Like I said, it's a sick joke from HP --> need us to charge for hours to be able to record for such a short period of time.

SG so small, if you are not PHV, who will clock so long charging hours? LOL...

Quite sad that you got such replies man. I actually made a few friends and we share info on mods etc.

Maybe you want to join the FB group, then join in the next gathering to have a feel and see how the club is like?

Smaller and low end Li Ion batteries have this issue. Its quite common. But the charging cycle of these batteries are longer and thus apply in these devices. Its a trade off.

Nay, aint me who get those replies rah. I saw those in FB as Im already in the FB group lor... Offical member seems to be a common term there anyway. Lol

Too old for these now and was active in Clubhyundai days where a lot of info is share and lesson learnt and still apply today.

For now. 2016 Elantra/Avante thread/Club suffice for me rah. No money to mod anyway. Cheers

When yours is recording, does it show on the cam screen? my cam screen will go off leh... Dunno if recording or not. When I pressed that "switch channel" button, it comes on but went of again. Is it normal or there's something wrong?

Like what bro SkimMilk mention. Not enough juice rah.

I went on a 5 days trip with family. Come back. Date/time also reset to default. Lol

Smaller and low end Li Ion batteries have this issue. Its quite common. But the charging cycle of these batteries are longer and thus apply in these devices. Its a trade off.

Nay, aint me who get those replies rah. I saw those in FB as Im already in the FB group lor... Offical member seems to be a common term there anyway. Lol

Too old for these now and was active in Clubhyundai days where a lot of info is share and lesson learnt and still apply today.

For now. 2016 Elantra/Avante thread/Club suffice for me rah. No money to mod anyway. Cheers

I went on a 5 days trip with family. Come back. Date/time also reset to default. Lol

Huh? they never charge for us before installing it up ah? Ha.. then I forever won't get the battery up cause my place to office only about 10 mins drive wor... when will it ever get a full charge?

meaning to say, once got enuf juice, I should be able to see the recording on screen ah?

(edited)

Huh? they never charge for us before installing it up ah? Ha.. then I forever won't get the battery up cause my place to office only about 10 mins drive wor... when will it ever get a full charge?

meaning to say, once got enuf juice, I should be able to see the recording on screen ah?

hahaha, bro, just think of it like your handphone. When charged, got juice to watch video.

But after battery depletes, you want youtube also cannot.

They won't be able to "charge it up for you before you collect car", cos once engine off, battery kicks in and starts discharging.

I just ordered a obd power line for this camera to enable parking mode.

Will test it out then write a feedback for everyone to know if it works.

Hahaha, I'm also not really into modding but as a first time car owner and with a tinker's blood, hands itchy to try things out.

Date/time always reset for me, but once it connects to GPS, it gets updated again.

Really duno what to say about this HP. Love/hate kind of relation. hahaha

Edited by SkimMilk

Erm. Even fully charge, last less than an hour as bro SM mentioned.

Unless ya going to tap power source offline (dun tap from car batt yeah). Else yeah, technically It only record when ignition is on. Lol

↡ Advertisement