Ten automakers to make automatic braking a standard feature

Eyke

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/11/ten-automakers-agree-automatic-braking-standard/

"Ten major automakers pledged Friday they would soon make crash-prevention technologies like automatic emergency braking available on all new vehicles built. Details are still being ironed out, and a timeline will be established in the months ahead. In a written release, the Department of Transportation said the agreement will be implemented "as soon as possible." The ten automakers are Audi, BMW, Ford, General Motors, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Tesla, Toyota,Volkswagen, and Volvo..."

↡ Advertisement

Actually this is a good idea. Since most of the manufacturers already do have such technology available in their stables. But having this tabled and implemented, it will take a while before most will go ahead with the arrangement.

Actually this is a good idea. Since most of the manufacturers already do have such technology available in their stables. But having this tabled and implemented, it will take a while before most will go ahead with the arrangement.

but note that this is in USA...may not happen here for some time yet.

Turbocharged

but note that this is in USA...may not happen here for some time yet.

America is one of the slowest places to standardize new technology in cars... I think if they are going to get it done, it shouldn't take long for elsewhere to

• Praise 1

America is one of the slowest places to standardize new technology in cars... I think if they are going to get it done, it shouldn't take long for elsewhere to

is a matter of cost, in Asia, 3rd world countries and countries like Sg, where car is taxed so much...

yalor ... only conti want to sell it as option and when load up the so call options ... that's another 15-20% of the car price ... lol

Mazda 6 2.5,already got Smart City Braking System install as standard since 2013.

Turbocharged

Mazda 6 2.5,already got Smart City Braking System install as standard since 2013.

And since 2015, it's not installed as standard and not an option.

In SG anyways

Edited by 7hm

Interesting.

A football rolling across the road will make all the auto-brake cars slammed on the brakes.

The ones behind with no auto-brake will slam into the car in front.

But anyway,only knew it is working very well on Carpark barriers,snapped my neck..... :a-confused: when the brakes engaged... [furious]

Huh? U typing wo a neck? Wa... Power leh.

Hehe... I agree. Imagine in a jam/butter/kaya, how many times our neck will snap with every few seconds stop brake snap stop brake snap.... Tsk tsk... A plot to make us neckless?

Safe no neck snapping ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

I heard someone here says his Volvo keep auto-braking and it's getting on his nerves, bcuz he doesn't know when the car decides it must brake.

Don't leave your brains behind when you get into a car.

That's what the auto makers are trying to do.

auto braking technology need time to improve

look at this Nissan Qashqai

auto braking was activated because of the pedestrian on the left side

Edited by Wt_know

no choice la ... 30-50 years from today

those who can drive car is considered street pilot liao

because all car would be auto drive

with auto-park, those who can do "parallel parking" is getting extinct soon ... lol

Auto brake like not very safe le, the more auto it gets, the more we have no control...

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Auto brake like not very safe le, the more auto it gets, the more we have no control...

so far I haven't triggered mine... kenna warning but not independent brake

auto brake ... love it and hate it

it suppose to avoid collision and reduce impact

but it can also cause accident ... [sweatdrop]

that's why google car still need a long time to test before it can be accepted ...

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement