Anti Bersih Protest - 16th Sep 2015

The_Bear

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/red-shirt-rally-to-go/2125078.html

KUALA LUMPUR: A"red shirt" rally that has sparked fears of ethnic clashes is expected to go ahead on Wednesday (Sep 16) amid a high police presence, after organisers confirmed a venue.

The National Silat Federation (Pesaka) received the green light from the Kuala Lumpur City Council to hold the "anti-Bersih" Himpunan Rakyat Bersatu (United Citzens Rally) at Padang Merbok on Malaysia Day, a day to mark the formation of the Malaysian federation in 1963.

Some 250 Malay NGOs pledged support for the rally, which they said was aimed at countering last month's Bersih protest, where tens of thousands hit the streets of Kuala Lumpur calling for institutional reform and the resignation of Prime Minister Najib Razak.

Malay groups said the rally disrespected Malay leaders and ethnic Malays, who make up the majority of the population in peninsular Malaysia, and they want to teach minority "Chinese from opposition party DAP" a lesson.

Malaysia's Inspector General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said that the rally's organisers have complied with legal requirements so it is permitted to go ahead but there will be a high police presence to ensure public safety and order.

Messages have been circulating on social media and messaging services warning non-Malays to stay away from the city centre over fears of ethnic clashes.

But the police chief said the public should not worry as authorities will be on standby and will be monitoring the speeches for seditious content.

"We are capable of ensuring security and safety ... Don't believe the messages circulating that Chinese shouldn't come out," said Khalid. "To me, these are the actions of people who want to purposely create fear among ethnic groups."

Last week, Prime Minister Najib acknowledged that some leaders and members of his party UMNO planned to participate in the rally, though they were not organising it. He said UMNO did not support anything of a racist nature but he would not be directing members to not participate.

Malay solidarity aside, many say they are attending the rally to show support for their prime minister, and other UMNO leaders. Najib continues to be plagued by allegations of corruption, despite his repeated denials.

No charges have been brought against him so far.

Now, a 2006 murder scandal he was linked to in the past has resurfaced. The Prime Minister says a recent current affairs programme about the murder of the Mongolian translator Altantuya is yet another step in a plot to oust him from government.

Malaysia's police chief agrees, as was seen in his heated exchange at a news conference on Monday with a journalist from Al Jazeera which produced the programme.

"You are trying to confuse the people, you are trying to create something else from nothing ... Whatever it is, we are commencing our investigation on Al Jazeera," said Khalid.

This was not the first time Malaysia has linked the media to a plot to discredit Najib.

In July, the Prime Minister threatened to sue the Wall Street Journal, and the government also blocked access to the Sarawak Report website after both news outlets published allegations that some US$700 million had been channelled into his personal bank accounts in 2013.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all intending to drive up North during this period, please be extra careful of the situation developing in Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

anti-bersih, = not clean = dirty = kotor

can they not call it kotor rally?

... eh... not clean can also be dirty spirit. = Hantu.

I suggest call it hantu rally.

[laugh]

• Praise 2

Silat federation association can also do such stuff.

Thought silat was a sport or traditional martial arts.

Edited by Lala81

I don't see why people cannot show their support for

pro corru donation. We have to respect other people's views

even if its different from ours.

I am not a hypocrite, I am all for pro donation.

Anyone who does not believe me, just send me

a donation, no matter how big it is, I promise you

I will keep it and not give it back to you.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 9

Any time I start feeling depressed about SG (and this is one of those times), all I have to do is look North. Suddenly feel cheerful again.

We really need Malaysia. They make us look gooooood. :D

post-52704-0-91382100-1442240425.gif

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6

Silat federation association can also do such stuff.

Thought silat was a sport or traditional martial arts.

You need to understand that Islam is involved in everything. There can be no separation of religion from politics and daily lives etc.

• Praise 1

... eh... not clean can also be dirty spirit. = Hantu.

I suggest call it hantu rally.

[laugh]

Haha...but the main army go hm al...lol

You need to understand that Islam is involved in everything. There can be no separation of religion from politics and daily lives etc.

Er... So u saying that Islam telling them it's OK to have the rally in support of such "donations" and "disappearances"? Because there is no separation as per your statement?

There needs to be a line drawn, no matter how thin to separate religion from politics or government. Otherwise there will always be contentions or biases because of differences based either on race or religion which is not healthy.

If I misread or misunderstood your statement, pls pardon my poor comprehension. No intention to offend but wanted to state that I do not agree that this rally is endorsed by Islam per se. Best not to rojak politics with religion. Headache and a vexation to the spirit. Not the hantu-ness type hor.

I hope it will be a peaceful one as the bersih 4. There will always be no winner for internal strife and chaos/distrust/mistrust will weaken unity in country, allowing unfriendly external influences to benefit from such.

Just my thoughts.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 3

I don't see why people cannot show their support for

pro corru donation. We have to respect other people's views

even if its different from ours.

I am not a hypocrite, I am all for pro donation.

Anyone who does not believe me, just send me

a donation, no matter how big it is, I promise you

I will keep it and not give it back to you.

:D

Will it be peacefully

post-81158-0-98819300-1442273498_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

This is not anti bersih or has anything to do with Islam. They are just trying to retain Malay superiority over other ethnics within the country. They have been fed for so long and if you take away the spoon or reduce the size of it, it is normal for them to KPKB. That is why Singapore must never go into the subsidy route. Once given difficult to stop.

• Praise 7

This is not anti bersih or has anything to do with Islam. They are just trying to retain Malay superiority over other ethnics within the country. They have been fed for so long and if you take away the spoon or reduce the size of it, it is normal for them to KPKB. That is why Singapore must never go into the subsidy route. Once given difficult to stop.

But what we have here is subsidy with conditions tied to it.

For example, if you are working and earning below a certain level, you get Workfare supplements.

machiam like the protests in Bangkok last time - red shirts vs yellow shirts.

was talking to my Thai counterpart and he said now Red & Yellow is Malaysia

Thai no more red and yellow.....

• Praise 1

Sad to see Malaysia spiralling down to such a state after 30-40 years of friendly relations between the races.. All because of politicians playing the race and religion card to gain points. :mellow:

↡ Advertisement