2013-2015 Volvo S60 T5 Tuning RaceChip

RaceLover

Thanks for your info, bro! I will stop at 6.

from what i know, racechip has a recommended optimum setting for every stock vehicle. This setting is stated on the racechip invoice out of the factory.

to change the setting to more or less aggressive is up to the user.

↡ Advertisement

Dear all,

If you have followed my previous thread, (http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700072-mte-garage-bartley-biz-personal-experience/), you would know that I had a bad experience with an overpriced and un-usable custom tune (my opinion). Well to cut it short, aftermarket tuners haven’t not caught up with the skillset to tune newer Volvos yet. So after wasting $10k on some hot air blowing promises, I decided to just go with piggy back tuning from this company based in Germany called racechip. (http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/volvo/s60/y20/t5-176kw/index.php). I paid $980 nett inclusive of labour and got the racechip ultimate. You can enquire it from Antz Automobile, Fong Kim, Nightz Concepts .

So to put it succinctly, my previous unstable tune from MTE was full of torque steer (car vibrating when you accelerate too hard), slow pickup from 0-200km/h, little increase from HP and max speed top out at 200km/h. I tested the car in NS highway and these are my feedback. I reverted back to stock for a while and installed the RaceChip. The RaceChip feel was instantaneous. Higher torque from lower rpm, much more stability with no torque steer, way faster acceleration from 0-200km/h and top speed max out at 220km/h. For a mere $980, these improvements are well worth the money.

Attached are the dyno for RaceChip and my previous unstable tune. While the unstable tune numbers look slightly better. It was a tune that was difficult to drive, huge fuel consumption and most importantly stalled the car constantly.

Just a quick check. If the car had been tuned before say by polestar. Is it neccesary to change back to stock setting before installing RACECHIP?

• Praise 1

I understand that the settings that RaceChip calibrates for each car model is specific and based on stock factory settings.

You may want to check with them if it will work with Polestar tuned Volvos.

Just a quick check. If the car had been tuned before say by polestar. Is it neccesary to change back to stock setting before installing RACECHIP?

• Praise 2

So to put it succinctly, my previous unstable tune from MTE was full of torque steer (car vibrating when you accelerate too hard),

Sorry don't get this, torque steer means your steering wheel wants to go one direction hard hard. Not whole car vibrate. Which was it?

If you car had huge torque steer (since its FWD), it would mean the MTE guys had tuned it until you had huge power/torque.

So was your car/engine vibrating during acceleration or was it torque steer?

Neutral Newbie

Hi RaceLover,

Are there pictures you can post while installing RaceChip on your Volvo T5. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

any updates for this? got a V40.. keen on doing some tuning but cant find any reviews online.

hope brothers on this forum can help

Any active Volvo forums to discuss about such performance upgrades? Keen to learn more.

hi, just to share some experience on the Racechip Ultimate I installed on my Peugeot 5008 eHDI TurboDiesel.

I already installed on my car for 2.5 years.  Immediately after I installed, you can feel the engine is more lively.  Gear change seems to be faster and at the lower rpm.

After a while, I do not feel anything different.  May be I had already conditioned to it.

The interesting part is, during the 2.5 year usage I try to tune up 2 node on switch D2.  But frankly I do not feel anything significant.

And last week, because I am selling my car soon,  I removed the racechip and to my surprise, I do not feel any different too .

So some questions immediately surface in my mind:

1.  If the Racechip still working???

2.  How actually Racechip work.  Understand, it actually lower or higher some sensors reading, so that the original ECU will control  such that fuel or air to go into the cylinder more and generate more bhp and torque. (layman talk).  I am not sure....

3.  What is inside Rcechip?  Understand there is CPU inside.  If there is CPU inside, how it actually withstand the high temperature in the engine compartment.  Or simply inside is some resistor to adjust the signal mV or mA.

Hope some Racehip user here can provide some experience sharing.

Any active Volvo forums to discuss about such performance upgrades? Keen to learn more.

Bro u can pm me for details.
↡ Advertisement