• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
302 replies to this topic | 2,912 praises

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Mid-Autumn festival or mooncake festival is just around the corner on Sept 27th.

Do you guys have any specific brands to recommend or go for? The number of brands is overwhelming.

Traditional , snowskin, exotic, anything...

Personally prefer the not-so-sweet types. 

I am fine if this thread is subsumed under that for previous years for simplicity.

Edited by Seohster, 16 September 2015 - 11:22 AM.

1 Anonymous member praised this
I'm not just telling you; I am showing you.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I love traditional mooncakes :)
It's once a year tradition, so I just enjoy the sweetness :))
Showster, Pinobii and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I bought Tai Zhong Kok mooncakes - 2 boxes.  Traditional lotus paste with one yolk.  I buy their mooncakes every year.

Datsun366, Showster, Mason016, RH1667, Yuan and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i was given one from hong kong- 荣华。

its good!!!!!

Showster, RH1667 and 2 Anonymous members praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ordered: 

Baked Single Yolk from Marriott and Mandarin Oriental.

Snowskin No Yolk from Ritz Carlton.

Only because there was a decent lobang from an ex-colleague. 

Have not ordered mooncakes for the last 3 years bec the prices are just plain ridiculous.

Pinobii, Showster and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

Uncle2
  • Premium member
    Uncle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I like traditional orh-ni type, but diffult to find in Singapore

Pinobii, Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I buy fm this shop every year. I'm not really a fan of traditional mooncakes, ridiculous pricing or not.

http://johorkaki.blo...en-fatt-in.html

Pinobii, Roadrunner2029 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Personally i like Hua Ting's traditional mooncakes. White lotus paste, single or double yolk.

Otherwise snow skin D24 from Goodwood park.

This year, i'm just getting a box to give to my in laws. Raffles one cos just ask my sis to order for me via her company.

Tai Cheong Kok, i think it's average. Not worth the calories hehe.

Edited by Lala81, 16 September 2015 - 01:06 PM.

Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bought Ritz Carlton's double yolks with lotus paste. They were good!

Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Peony Jade mooncakes! Got orh-ni types, but not traditional styl.

http://www.pjmooncakes.com/

Uncle2 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you 700k elite face...you

:D

lausai88 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The best snow skin l love is from Raffles Hotel, can't wait to collect my order

For traditional baked ones, Hong Kong rong hua is not bad

mandarin oriental is average, not sweet but not smooth enough

Tai Zhong Guo is ok ok

Hee hee.....when are you gonna give me one box? [:p]
Showster, lausai88 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The best snow skin l love is from Raffles Hotel, can't wait to collect my order

For traditional baked ones, Hong Kong rong hua is not bad

mandarin oriental is average, not sweet but not smooth enough

Tai Zhong Guo is ok ok

Hee hee.....when are you gonna give me one box? [:p]

Arrgh. Shd have posted earlier...

I have never tried Marriott and MO so I ordered for taste trial. Used to order from Sheraton's Li Bai which is not bad.

Hope Ritz Carlton's Snowskin does not disappoint.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Arrgh. Shd have posted earlier...

I have never tried Marriott and MO so I ordered for taste trial. Used to order from Sheraton's Li Bai which is not bad.

Hope Ritz Carlton's Snowskin does not disappoint.

MO is good choice to order because it's still better than most

For snow skin, I highly recommend Raffles hotel snow skin champagne truffle and Ganache, it's always sold out nearing the festival

I fell in love with it some years back and I have never had any better since then

I m keen to try Ritz Carlton since Porker recommends it

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://www.misstamch...mooncakes-2015/

my colleague tried the lava custard and says quite good..... mooncake version of liu sha bao

1 Anonymous member praised this
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

With centralization of kitchens, wonder if these hotels' mooncakes are still made inhouse? Or coming from the same factory, but packaged and labeled differently with differentiating pricings. 

Sunny and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

never like snow skin, cos the making process is to use hand to make (not sure there is any machine made snow skin).

unlike traditional ones that will go into the oven to bake and kill all the germs  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

never like snow skin, cos the making process is to use hand to make (not sure there is any machine made snow skin).

unlike traditional ones that will go into the oven to bake and kill all the germs  [laugh]

Hee hee, that's true but I think hotel hygiene level should be ok....trust that they should be wearing gloves?

Home made ones confirmed use hands.......

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

MO is good choice to order because it's still better than most

For snow skin, I highly recommend Raffles hotel snow skin champagne truffle and Ganache, it's always sold out nearing the festival

I fell in love with it some years back and I have never had any better since then

I m keen to try Ritz Carlton since Porker recommends it

Forgot the taste liao.
my sister ordered it for my mum.

Since Porker so atas taste bud also like the ritz carlton, i just switched my order to the ritz carlton traditional double yolk.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

tried a few hotels' mooncake over the year, decided to go back to 。。。 cheap and good  [laugh]

Chop-Tai-Chong-Kok-Mooncake-pic.jpg

FourZero, Ender, Ktglfc and lausai88 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mooncake 2015, mooncakes 2015 and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users