Mooncakes

Showster

Nephew's girlfriend made this jelly mooncake which is nice [thumbsup]  Inside had opaque agar agar type of jelly which represented egg yolk! Quite surprised young lady has the patience to prepare this cos most young people these days not so interested in cooking, at least that's what I thought.

Edited: Moved this from the makan thread cos thought it would be more appropriate here.

post-48108-0-67669500-1474013349.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Nephew's girlfriend made this jelly mooncake which is nice [thumbsup] Inside had opaque agar agar type of jelly which represented egg yolk! Quite surprised young lady has the patience to prepare this cos most young people these days not so interested in cooking, at least that's what I thought.

Edited: Moved this from the makan thread cos thought it would be more appropriate here.

Tell your nephew mai tu liao quickly put deposit on this girl with such 耐心 细心 爱心.

• Praise 3

Since some people say they are all the same,

anyone want to swap their 5 star moon cakes

with my pasar malam ones?

:D

http://mothership.sg/2016/09/650000-mooncakes-found-in-spore-manufactured-annually-in-one-factory-in-aljunied/

Most "branded" mooncakes sold in Singapore are probably outsourced here. Hotel chefs where got time and effort to make mooncakes apart from their daily routine?? Now you know.

• Praise 5

i still like the mix nuts type; used to buy from a Vegetarian Restaurant in Kitchener Road - Fut Sai Kai ;  eat 1/2 already can fill very full; Any lobangs for this type??  cost like $11-!2 per piece; they got mushroom version    

Very good margin  [furious]

Just tried the 3rd of 6...it's horrific! Simi sai full of assorted nuts machiam Christmas fruit cake. Pui Pui pui!

I think I saw the words 火腿 somewhere...

Should be 金腿 instead, i think. It does include 火腿 as one of the (many) ingredients.

My parents like this, but not my cup of tea...

• Praise 1

starting early this year ... :D

leftover from last year? chinese calendar not even 6th month yet.
  • Praise 1

leftover from last year? chinese calendar not even 6th month yet.

Nah, picked it up at HK airport departure hall. HK$199 per box.  [:p]

Get my mooncake fix now, later peak season $60 a box I don't eat already. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I think we sld MERGE all the festive into one, then we just need to celebrate once a year, and only have one thread for all festive here, easy to manage. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 6

I think we sld MERGE all the festive into one, then we just need to celebrate once a year, and only have one thread for all festive here, easy to manage. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

like that cannot make more money liao.
↡ Advertisement