Mooncakes

Showster

Raffles - order online before yesterday 20% discount. Still ex though, at 60+.

More for family than myself.

Yeah, nice tin with corporate discount for yours.

ya.

corporate discount 35% off iirc.

raffles hotel abt $70 bucks.

haiz.

I ordered the Mother of Pearls to try. And also the regular Champagne truffles.

Try 1 time, if not nice, skip next year.

I tried their pearl moon cake, it's very smooth and fresh and not too sweet

It's nice too

just had some raffles champagne truffle snowskin

taste and quality very consistent through the years

i would spend $ to buy this but not necessary this year since I have already got my fix

:D

Non-halal ones can get in China?

Singapore everything must consider multi-religion, multiracial... Celebrate together, eat together.

Still cannot understand why mooncakes got to be halal. Isn't this tradition a purely Chinese tradition?

• Praise 2

China has a much larger Muslim population in absolute numbers. You may even find more halal varieties there. [:p]

Non-halal ones can get in China?

Singapore everything must consider multi-religion, multiracial... Celebrate together, eat together.

• Praise 2

That's true. Thanks for correcting. The market is large enough to come up with different versions for different markets.

China has a much larger Muslim population in absolute numbers. You may even find more halal varieties there. [:p]

Edited by Seohster

Finally get to eat Tai Chong Kok mooncake. This is the red bean mooncake. JIN HO JIAK!!!! :a-happy: The red bean paste taste very fresh, soft and sweet. No oily taste, made just right. I straightaway send the missus out to get another two more for me. [laugh]

She ate 1/4, while I finished off the other 3/4. [:p]

post-2654-0-81142500-1442881706_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-27520000-1442881720_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-23889100-1442881732_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

Finally get to eat Tai Chong Kok mooncake. This is the red bean mooncake. JIN HO JIAK!!!! :a-happy: The red bean paste taste very fresh, soft and sweet. No oily taste, made just right. I straightaway send the missus out to get another two more for me. [laugh]

attachicon.gifTai Chong Kok 001.jpg

attachicon.gifTai Chong Kok 002.jpg

attachicon.gifTai Chong Kok 003.jpg

LOL! Looking at your mooncake is making me hungry! Thinking whether I should head down to Taka later! :a-happy:

Neutral Newbie

Loyal fans of Homes Favourite Mooncake.

Never really someone who enjoys mooncake till i tried the champedak ones from them.

Really good!

attachicon.gifTai Chong Kok 001.jpg

attachicon.gifTai Chong Kok 002.jpg

attachicon.gifTai Chong Kok 003.jpg

you are my hero

i always get sent out by the missus for errands and never been successful the other way around

• Praise 2

you are my hero

i always get sent out by the missus for errands and never been successful the other way around

My missus fried the boss a cuttlefish. So very free. She dont mind doing such errands one. She can taste various other mooncakes too.

BTW, my this Tai Chong Kok red bean mooncake was bought by my missus at Jurong Point road show on sunday. She is now at Raffles Place where Tai Chong Kok also have road show there to buy me extra red bean mooncakes. She meeting her former colleagues there for lunch and chope seats for them.

↡ Advertisement